• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Flag Vandalism Mars Memorial Day in Several States

Now thats a worthy cause. I'll put in as well.

The people who claim "its just a flag" have no idea what patriotism truely is. But no shock its coming from the far left on this forum.

Nope. We just attach the sentiment to where it belongs. The actual country, not some symbol.

I would argue that those who attach such value to a piece of cloth do not understand patriotism.

Then you have no idea what the flag stands for or the history behind it if you can dismiss its symbolism so easily.

Then you have no idea what the flag stands for or the history behind it if you can dismiss its symbolism so easily.

I thought the flag stood for America and American values? Don't these values incorporate free speech, less government intervention, and personal liberty? I think flag burning/desecrating would actually be supported by what the flag stands for.

Oh Jesus ****ing Christ are you kidding me? Are we getting that petty? Your not even worth crafting a response to this nonsense.

Goodday!

If you can't argue facts it's better to hurl out an incoherent reply.

I would argue that those who attach such value to a piece of cloth do not understand patriotism.

I would argue that those who do not respect symbols of our country and its history and heritage do not understand patriotism.

There is a proper procedure for getting the word out about your dissent with the government.

Burning/Desecrating symbols of our country is a good way to have everyone look at your reason for dissent like you got a dick growing out of your forehead, nobody will take you seriously, as you approach things like a 12 year old douchebag.

I thought the flag stood for America and American values? Don't these values incorporate free speech, less government intervention, and personal liberty? I think flag burning/desecrating would actually be supported by what the flag stands for.

The flag is an inanimate object and can stand for anything you want it to stand for. It all depends on frame of mind.

However, the state of a flag has no bearing on the history of the country, whatsoever. Especially when these things are churned out by the hundreds in factories.

Last edited:

And you would be wrong again.

If you can't argue facts it's better to hurl out an incoherent reply.

Har har har..

"Paper Money printed by the U.S. is not a symbol of wealth but a symbol of our government. Because our government designed it and created it through legislature and funded the means to produce our currency." Har har har.

See how petty and pathetic this is?

So, why don't the little wanker flag burners go burn their own money instead when they want to protest the government??????

And you would be wrong again.

No I wouldn't. For you who claim to have served this country to be this ignorant on the history of the flag, its meaning and symbolbism to disergard all of that and claim it has no meaning beyond its material is truely amazing.

Har har har..

"Paper Money printed by the U.S. is not a symbol of wealth but a symbol of our government. Because our government designed it and created it through legislature and funded the means to produce our currency." Har har har.

So, why don't the little wanker flag burners go burn their own money instead when they want to protest the government??????

LOL Because money actually has meaning to them ;)

Excellent point!

Ok. I have reread it. You feel that symbolism is important. Personally, I am not a sentimental person though and tend to not attach personal feelings to things. I feel that the actual thing is important. So?

Exactly. So you will never understand.

Yes, the flag stands for grown adults acting like 12 year old boys pissed off at their mommmies.
:roll:

I wonder, say this is the 1700's and there are future American's living in England and being religiously oppressed by the Anglican church. Would it be okay for them to burn the English flag in protest?

Exactly. So you will never understand.

I guess in a sense you are correct as I like to deal with actual things and not the representation of things.

For me, it is the difference between reality and imagination :shrug:

Last edited:
Yes, the flag stands for grown adults acting like 12 year old boys pissed off at their mommmies.
:roll:

I do think that flag burning is an immature way to protest and only breeds anger, but people have the right to do it. The flag is a symbol, and we should have the right to do as we wish with our property. If someone owns a US flag and choses to burn/desecrate it, then that's their right.

No I wouldn't. For you who claim to have served this country to be this ignorant on the history of the flag, its meaning and symbolbism to disergard all of that and claim it has no meaning beyond its material is truely amazing.

I am perfectly well acquainted with what the flag stands for. What symbolism it holds is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer more concrete forms of patriotism, like working to improve the country, serving the country, working with veterans. That is patriotism to me, not worrying about a piece of cloth.

Har har har..

How much intrinsic value does the FRN have? None... so I'll gladly burn the toilet paper they call money all because it's printed under government law.

I do think that flag burning is an immature way to protest and only breeds anger, but people have the right to do it. The flag is a symbol, and we should have the right to do as we wish with our property. If someone owns a US flag and choses to burn/desecrate it, then that's their right.

Yes, people have the right to act like 12 year old boys.

But, As I recall, you have stated you SUPPORT people acting like 12 year old boys.

Otherwise, I request you pull your support of flag burning.

I am perfectly well acquainted with what the flag stands for. What symbolism it holds is in the eye of the beholder. I prefer more concrete forms of patriotism, like working to improve the country, serving the country, working with veterans. That is patriotism to me, not worrying about a piece of cloth.

Maybe its me, using the flag as a proxy for the country seems like those who buy $3 support the troops magnets to put on their car.

In both cases, nothing positive is being accomplished as there is no action behind either.

Yes, people have the right to act like 12 year old boys.

But, As I recall, you have stated you SUPPORT people acting like 12 year old boys.

Otherwise, I request you pull your support of flag burning.

I support their right to act that way. If someone wants to burn a flag then I support their right to do so. It's just fabric and belongs to the one burning it.

Its sad you ignore the history of the flag, why it was created, what battles it was flown over to distinguish ourselves from other nations and the tradition of respect its held.

But you just ignore all of that so you won't ever understand. And doing "concrete" work is good but it doesn't fill the hole in your understanding of the flag or your disrepect for its meaning no matter how many hours you put in.

Back
Top Bottom