• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fixing traffic congestion.

BrettNortje

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
For a while now i have seen making extra off ramps on major roads as being better for traffic than just creating extra lanes, and, now i want to prove it with a formula, of course. this formula will be easy to understand and will show that i am right i hope?

Now, when there flow of traffic, it is expressed as [a]. this flow is 1:1, of course. then, adding an extra lane adds one to the [a], so adding an extra lane will be like [a] + [1], [2a] or [a] + [a]. of course.

But, if we add a shoulder, , it reduces [a] because the reduction is based on the off ramp diverting [a] - traffic. of course, if there is an off ramp on each side of the road, then it would be as many lanes [x * a] - [2b]. is a heavy equation as it adds to [a] off ramps and affects [a] flowing into it. this is because the traffic moves down every time empties, of course. this means that = [2a] + [flow]. this is because it is not [3a] because it does not allow for more build up, of course. this reduces build up on [a] and therefore there is more traffic total [c] reduced.

So, [c] = [a * x] + , yes? then there is waiting time, which would be [d]. [d] or total time in traffic = [c] / [a * x + b] * [x], more or less.

I would rather sit in traffic than spend another minute in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom