• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fixing race issues?

Sorry, I think the Dallas shooters proved that #9 is incorrect.

The quote below was posted by someone that I do not know personally on a friend's Facebook thread regarding racism. The thread had to do with the recent shootings of two black men this week, and the thread and this quote were posted before the police shooting in Dallas (please keep the timing in mind).

I am posting it in it's entirety, and am including the personal information of the person they are quoting as that person is a public person at that university and this is already publicly known. I will not give the name of the person who quoted this.

Does anything jump out at you?

For the most part, I was ok with it. There was one thing that slightly annoyed me, and one thing that angered me... angered me to the point that I feel the need to create this thread and see what others think.

I will be up front and say that I am purposely withholding what angered me for the moment, as I don't want reactions to my thoughts, I want reactions to the quote. I will join in soon and give my take.

Yeah, two things jumped out at me.

This:

Racism is a white people problem.

To which I say "shut the **** up, idiot".

And this:

contributes to racism and it's consequences

Someone who works in a ****ing college should know that it is "its" not "it's".

Yeah, two things jumped out at me.

This:

Racism is a white people problem.

To which I say "shut the **** up, idiot".

And this:

contributes to racism and it's consequences

Someone who works in a ****ing college should know that it is "its" not "it's".

The worst part is She is teaching young students this crap.

First, it only talks about whites and blacks, completely ignoring everyone else.

Second, it says the group should consist of your white friends. How is a bunch of white people talking about discrimination without input from those who are discriminated against going to accomplish anything?

Other than that, it sounds like a REALLY boring party.

The quote below was posted by someone that I do not know personally on a friend's Facebook thread regarding racism. The thread had to do with the recent shootings of two black men this week, and the thread and this quote were posted before the police shooting in Dallas (please keep the timing in mind).

I am posting it in it's entirety, and am including the personal information of the person they are quoting as that person is a public person at that university and this is already publicly known. I will not give the name of the person who quoted this.

Does anything jump out at you?

For the most part, I was ok with it. There was one thing that slightly annoyed me, and one thing that angered me... angered me to the point that I feel the need to create this thread and see what others think.

I will be up front and say that I am purposely withholding what angered me for the moment, as I don't want reactions to my thoughts, I want reactions to the quote. I will join in soon and give my take.

Racism is a white people problem apparently.

That's.....interesting.

This lady is beyond stupid.

So we are going to fix racism by dividing those around us by race?

By being hyper aware of race?

Riiiight......

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"

Back
Top Bottom