• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five Ways Trump And GOP Officials Are Undermining The Election Process

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Five Ways Trump And GOP Officials Are Undermining The Election Process | FiveThirtyEight

There has long been conflict in the United States over who gets to vote and how. In the years since Barack Obama’s election as president, those voting debates have become increasingly partisan, with Republican elected officials often pushing measures like requiring photo IDs that make it harder for people to vote, and Democratic officials advancing provisions like same-day registration that make it easier to vote.That long-running conflict over voting has reached a new, more critical phase for two reasons. First, the outbreak of COVID-19 means that people might be risking their health if they opt to vote in person. Secondly, Donald Trump, unlike previous presidents, regularly breaks with democratic norms and values and is now openly suggesting that he might manipulate the electoral system to help him win a second term.
“Trump aides exploring executive actions to curb voting by mail,” was the headline of an article in Politico last weekend (that was a news article, not an opinion piece). Politico’s reporting found that the White House was considering using executive actions to insert itself into the election process, which is usually run by states, including finding ways to make it harder for people to vote by mail.

It is clear as day if you read the whole article that there is an attempt and active policies in place, especially by State Level Republicans to disrupt the Democratic Process.

If you’re someone who actually has principles, this should disturb you.

If you’re someone who actually believes in democratic values, this should disturb you.

And if it doesn’t, it’s likely you were someone who spent years under Obama complaining about tyranny and government overreach, only to drop those concerns as soon as it was someone you supported in office.

Your grandstanding, your words mean nothing now, it’s nothing but a badge you made for yourself so you could pretend you were a patriot, but a patriot only in name, not in action.

This, this is how Democracy falls, if not this time, another time as you’re showing clearly, you’ll give political cover to whoever screws with elections as long as he’s your guy.

It's been going on for years. Republicans voters vote no matter what. Democratic voters are lazier and less likely to vote.

There are places in the country where republicans only win when it rains. Republican voters will go out in the rain to vote while democratic voters decide to stay home and skip voting.

Well, y'all wanted mail-in ballots.

these Republicans are literally the people who have screamed for decades that they're MORE American, are PRO democracy, WANT transparency in government and have BETTER morals.

liars. liars and fakes.

It's been going on for years. Republicans voters vote no matter what. Democratic voters are lazier and less likely to vote.

There are places in the country where republicans only win when it rains. Republican voters will go out in the rain to vote while democratic voters decide to stay home and skip voting.

“…135,500,034 total votes were cast in the 2016 U.S. presidential election for candidates on two-party and non-two-party tickets. According to exit polls, the partisan composition of the electorate as expressed in terms of the more simplified D/R/I split, was 36/33/31.”

(see 2nd para):
What a National Voter File Analysis Tells Us About Party Affiliation | People's Pundit Daily

What's your evidence?

I was purged, by Republicans. In San Diego. Went to vote at the polls, in my apt complex, that I had lived in for years and voted in, and was not on rolls. So GWB was voted in. No way I could be counted.

So, all the hoops Republicans set up, cause voters to go provisional. Which means NOT COUNTED. There are myriad schemes the Republicans are running. They ALL support whatever keeps them in power.

Well, y'all wanted mail-in ballots.

Ah there’s one now.

One of the Fake 2A types who said they would stand up to government if it ever threatened freedom.

Nothing more than a fashion statement.

Ah there’s one now.

One of the Fake 2A types who said they would stand up to government if it ever threatened freedom.

they practice massive lying and are totally fake.

Ah there’s one now.

That's right. I'm not a herd animal like the Leftists. You people are buffaloes running over a cliff.

That's right. I'm not a herd animal like the Leftists. You people are buffaloes running over a cliff.

Must have made yourself feel real good to pretend all this time that you were a red blooded patriot, always ready with your AR15 and your Dodge Durango to go to war against a tyrannical government.

Only to end up cheering loudly as it dismantles one of the most fundamental rights someone has, to vote.

Ah there’s one now.

You mean when the NRA forgot to stand up to government when it became tyrannical?

Must have made yourself feel real good to pretend all this time that you were a red blooded patriot, always ready with your AR15 and your Dodge Durango to go to war against a tyrannical government.

Only to end up cheering loudly as it dismantles one of the most fundamental rights someone has, to vote.

Why did you get run out of South Africa?

Voting isn't a right. Gun ownership shows up in the Bill of Rights. Voting doesn't. Read it some time. It'll be a learning experience.

Voting isn't isn't a fundamental right. That's the most moronic thing I've ever heard from a Leftists and that's saying something....lol

You mean when the NRA forgot to stand up to government when it became tyrannical?

How are your boys in the NFAC doing? :lamo

Have they shot themselves, lately?

Five Ways Trump And GOP Officials Are Undermining The Election Process | FiveThirtyEight

It is clear as day if you read the whole article that there is an attempt and active policies in place, especially by State Level Republicans to disrupt the Democratic Process. If you’re someone who actually has principles, this should disturb you. If you’re someone who actually believes in democratic values, this should disturb you. And if it doesn’t, it’s likely you were someone who spent years under Obama complaining about tyranny and government overreach, only to drop those concerns as soon as it was someone you supported in office. Your grandstanding, your words mean nothing now, it’s nothing but a badge you made for yourself so you could pretend you were a patriot, but a patriot only in name, not in action. This, this is how Democracy falls, if not this time, another time as you’re showing clearly, you’ll give political cover to whoever screws with elections as long as he’s your guy.
If you are someone that can investigate and think for themselves, you should be concerned that people fall for this transparent hypocrisy.

If you believe in fair elections, then insuring one voter = one vote should be a priority. The so-called restrictions are a straight forward way to assure that basic principle. In one California county, a Judge ruled that over a million registered persons should not be on the rolls because they were dead or had moved out of the county. I have no problem with any citizen of age voting where they live. I do have a problem with someone fighting against one and only one vote. Your article does exactly that.

Why did you get run out of South Africa?

Voting isn't a right. Gun ownership shows up in the Bill of Rights. Voting doesn't. Read it some time. It'll be a learning experience.

Voting isn't isn't a fundamental right. That's the most moronic thing I've ever heard from a Leftists and that's saying something....lol

Ah so the Things like 15th amendment doesn’t actually apply.

Hey guess what apdst.

You’re not allowed to vote because apparently that right doesn’t exist.

Guess you’re not a very free country are you?

Ah so the Things like 15th amendment doesn’t actually apply.

Hey guess what apdst.

You’re not allowed to vote because apparently that right doesn’t exist.

Guess you’re not a very free country are you?

I said the Bill of Rights, Jetboogieman. Do you even know what that is? Obviously, you don't.

Please, stop embarrassing yourself with this stupid claim that voting is a fundamental right.

I said the Bill of Rights, Jetboogieman. Do you even know what that is? Obviously, you don't.

Please, stop embarrassing yourself with this stupid claim that voting is a fundamental right.

Why have an election then?

Back
Top Bottom