• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five shootings linked to one gun

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The mayors of New York City and Washington, D.C., are offering a $70,000 reward in connection to deadly shootings involving people experiencing homelessness between the two cities.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams and Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser announced the news in a rare joint press conference on Monday.

Police are jointly investigating the shootings of five homeless people across both cities that they said may have been committed by the same suspect.

Because of similarities in "the modus operandi of the perpetrator, common circumstances involved in each shooting, circumstances of the victims and recovered evidence," both police departments in New York City and Washington D.C., will jointly investigate the shootings with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, they said in a Sunday news release.

I'm sure the good guy with the gun is doing these cities a service by eliminating homeless people by shooting them.

Goodness. With better tracking data we would have this SOB locked up by now.

I'm sure the good guy with the gun is doing these cities a service by eliminating homeless people by shooting them.

With better policing we would have this guy locked up too. What's your point?

abcnews.go.com

NYC, DC mayors offer $70,000 reward for information on 5 shootings of homeless men

Police in New York City and Washington, D.C. are jointly investigating the shootings of five homeless people that may have been committed by the same suspect.
abcnews.go.com
abcnews.go.com

Might be enough for someone to turn them in.

I agree. And the police need better tools to track where these guns are and who is buying them

#Stopgunviolence.
have they recovered the firearm? It appears someone is arrested. what do you think the authorities need to get a conviction, Bucky?

AFTER he killed at least two men and injured three more

Locking the stable door, after the horse has bolted

Your favorite response.
yes, we know, you want to strip millions of constitutional rights (and not get thousands killed doing that) in order to PRETEND you will stop murder.

Read today they caught the guy in DC. Same shooter from NY and DC

What a scumbag like every other POS that preys on those poor people

Read today they caught the guy in DC. Same shooter from NY and DC

What a scumbag like every other POS that preys on those poor people
I don't think anyone disagrees with you on this post

yes, we know, you want to strip millions of constitutional rights (and not get thousands killed doing that) in order to PRETEND you will stop murder.

No just ONE constitutional right (you continue with your dishonest straw-man), and it won't get "thousands" killed. It will save thousands from death/injury.

And no it won't stop murder, it will however greatly reduce the casualties caused by mass shootings.

No just ONE constitutional right (you continue with your dishonest straw-man), and it won't get "thousands" killed. It will save thousands from death/injury.

And no it won't stop murder, it will however greatly reduce the casualties caused by mass shootings.
lots of people will not give up their guns. I have asked you before-are you willing to risk your life trying to confiscate others guns? and why are gun bans going to stop among the most premeditated crimes one can do with a gun

lots of people will not give up their guns.

IYO, despite having no evidence for this.

I have asked you before-are you willing to risk your life trying to confiscate others guns? and why are gun bans going to stop among the most premeditated crimes one can do with a gun

Are you willing to risk your life as part of a police SWAT team trying to confiscate drugs or shut down a trafficking operation ?

Are you willing to risk your life as part of a police SWAT team trying to confiscate drugs or shut down a trafficking operation ?
how many bump stocks were turned in? how many people registered "assault weapons" in cities that required it

no-I don't support the war on drugs. I am not paid, nor do I do it for free-advocating the war against drugs

Except Rich doesn’t care if thousands of people die if their guns are taken away. It actually supports his agenda.

Except Rich doesn’t care if thousands of people die if their guns are taken away. It actually supports his agenda.
His entire goal is eliminating lawful firearm use in the USA,

no-I don't support the war on drugs. I am not paid, nor do I do it for free-advocating the war against drugs

So, you prefer to allow illegal activity continue, or do you prefer to see heroin, meth, cocaine etc legalized ?
Lots of cops get killed every year, yet you chose to work behind a desk and not on the streets. Was police work too dangerous/arduous for you ?

What about the war on terrorism, would you volunteer to fight in places like Iraq and the recently concluded war in Afghanistan ?

This isn't a mass shooting case. This is a serial killer taking out particular people.

Back
Top Bottom