• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five reasons Americans already love ObamaCare — plus one reason why they’re gonna lov

BWG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I ran across this article and thought I'd share with all of you.;)

1. ACA allows young Americans to stay on their parents’ insurance plans
According to polling, three-in-four Americans support this part of the Affordable Care Act including, yes, over two-thirds of Republicans.

2. ACA bans insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions
The ban on pre-existing condition limits, which will apply to every single American by 2014, is supported by 83% of Americans

3. ACA offers tax credits to small businesses to buy insurance
According to polling, 88% of Americans think these small business tax credits are great, including — wait for it ... yes, 83% of Republicans. That’s right, over eight-in-ten Republicans support the provision of ObamaCare that helps small businesses afford and expand their health insurance offerings to employees.

4. ACA requires companies with more than 50 employees to provide health insurance
75% of Americans support this element of ObamaCare.

5. ACA provides subsidies to help individuals afford coverage
But most Americans — 76% to be exact — support the individual subsidy. That includes 61% of Republicans.

And then, starting October 1, here’s one more:
6. State-based health insurance exchanges
So it’s no wonder that 80% of Americans — including 72% of Republicans — support the health insurance exchange program in ObamaCare.

Five reasons Americans already love ObamaCare

Sally Kohn is a Fox News contributor and writer.

Re: Five reasons Americans already love ObamaCare — plus one reason why they’re gonna

Sally Kohn is a liberal political commentator, community organizer, and founder and chief education officer of the Movement Vision Lab, a grassroots think tank. Kohn is an unpaid contributor for the Fox News Channel

Sally Kohn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Re: Five reasons Americans already love ObamaCare — plus one reason why they’re gonna

I ran across this article and thought I'd share with all of you.;)

Sally Kohn is a Fox News contributor and writer.

Yes, what about the OTHER 2,500 pages???

WHAT AN IGNORANT PIECE OF CRAP!...she substantiated her suppositions using a poll of uninsured respondents...

Exactly. Had this been 50 pages and addressed the core issues instead of providing all sorts of weird taxes and corporate welfare, I think it might have been better received.

We do need a method of providing uncomplicated, affordable ESSENTIAL medical services to all.

WHAT AN IGNORANT PIECE OF CRAP!...she substantiated her suppositions using a poll of uninsured respondents...

Yes. they LOVED the goodies! What about the OTHER 2,500 pages???

Exactly. Had this been 50 pages and addressed the core issues instead of providing all sorts of weird taxes and corporate welfare, I think it might have been better received.

We do need a method of providing uncomplicated, affordable ESSENTIAL medical services to all.

Oh, the problem is that the goodies are impossible without imposing the command-and-control superstructure.

wbcoleman said:
specklebang said:

Did you miss the thousands of 'I hate Obamacare, because...' threads, that had no mention of provisions that people overwhelmingly approved of?

Do you know of any polls that DON'T have similar numbers? Not saying that there aren't any, I just haven't seen even one.

tax credits for small businesses who offer their employees insurance - 88 %

closing the Medicare “doughnut hole” - 81%

allowing young adults to stay on their parents’ health plans up to age 26 - 76%

health insurance exchanges - 80%

subsidies to help individuals purchase insurance - 76%

Medicaid expansion - 71%

Guaranteed issue - 66%

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: March 2013 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Two things.

1. The "Young Adults" staying on their parents insurance would be great for me, except Tricare is apparently exempt from that status, unless the "Young Adults" are full time students or in some way disabled.

2. If this program (the ACA) is so freakin' great, why is the Congress, their staffs and POTUS exempt from it?

Did you miss the thousands of 'I hate Obamacare, because...' threads, that had no mention of provisions that people overwhelmingly approved of?

I just returned from a short trip and I'm sorry if this response is too belated.

OK, honestly, I can't figure out what you're trying to say to me. My original opinion© is that it should have been simpler and more logical. Not that it should not be - but it's a really crappy piece of legislation that comes from the right place but was distorted excessively by politicians rewarding other politicians. Some provisions make sense, some don't. If it were more fathomable, people wouldn't be so frightened by it (rightfully so). It's major legislation and 2500 pages means it's a bureaucratic nightmare (or a bureaucratic fantasy for the lucky winners.

So wwere you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Do you know of any polls that DON'T have similar numbers? Not saying that there aren't any, I just haven't seen even one.

tax credits for small businesses who offer their employees insurance - 88 %

closing the Medicare “doughnut hole” - 81%

allowing young adults to stay on their parents’ health plans up to age 26 - 76%

health insurance exchanges - 80%

subsidies to help individuals purchase insurance - 76%

Medicaid expansion - 71%

Guaranteed issue - 66%

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: March 2013 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

What? Every Sean Hannity and Fox News poll I've ever seen shows everyone hates Obamacare!

Look at this one. The SCOTUS decision on Obamacare showed that the American public didnt just disagree with the ruling, but it was "OUTRAGED! " to see it!
And not just a bare majority.... about 87% felt that way!!

http://www.hannity.com/poll/view/15723

You have to understand, when you live in the Conservative Bubble, the epistemic closure that tells you you're right and everyone around you thinks the way you do makes you not have to work real hard to understand complex things. Its so much easier.

I've seen relatively few threads in which an O-care supporter didn't pop up to tout the half-dozen popular goodies.

What? Every Sean Hannity and Fox News poll I've ever seen shows everyone hates Obamacare!

Look at this one. The SCOTUS decision on Obamacare showed that the American public didnt just disagree with the ruling, but it was "OUTRAGED! " to see it!
And not just a bare majority.... about 87% felt that way!!

What is your reaction to SCOTUS upholding Obamacare? - The Sean Hannity Show

You have to understand, when you live in the Conservative Bubble, the epistemic closure that tells you you're right and everyone around you thinks the way you do makes you not have to work real hard to understand complex things. Its so much easier.

No, virtually every poll published by anybody shows that substantial majorities are opposed to O-care:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

Back
Top Bottom