• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five of eight minority NFL coaches fired

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ny-for-lack-of-minority-coaches-idUSKCN1OV1CQ

Does this mean that the NFL's effort to get teams to hire not white coaches has run into the problem of there being not enough not white men qualified for the job? I note that 3/5 teams that fired not white coaches this year are weak franchises....did they cave to NFL pressure and not hire the best man for the job?

This is interesting, and is a massive topic of conversation in the internet.

Is it wrong for the NFL to hire the best men for the job on merit instead of race?

Is it wrong for the NFL to hire the best men for the job on merit instead of race?

We are deep enough into Victim Culture that victim promotion is pretty much mandatory. Certainly the NFL feels that they must, not just here but also you see that in how they brutalize those who get accused of misconduct by women, and also those who insist upon spanking their kids.

OK... still pretty good.

Maybe the coach made it eight times over all then...

His career record is 131-122-3 in regular season and 131-129-3 including postseason. His total of 131 career victories is the most in team history and ranks tied for 24th in NFL history. Lewis led the Bengals to the postseason seven times, including a five-year run from 2011-15.

As was previously pointed out, he lost all 7 playoff games. He was a good Defensive Coordinator in Baltimore who generally had bad defenses in Cincinnati. You have a very low standard of "pretty good".

How much did they charge for an in stadium beer in Cincinnati? Billions divided by 32 and $ 50 to park a car for a few hours are a few of the ways to soothe a losing record.

We are deep enough into Victim Culture that victim promotion is pretty much mandatory. Certainly the NFL feels that they must, not just here but also you see that in how they brutalize those who get accused of misconduct by women, and also those who insist upon spanking their kids.

Nobody should ever wrongly accuse all politically correct thinking of being wise or good.

His career record is 131-122-3 in regular season and 131-129-3 including postseason. His total of 131 career victories is the most in team history and ranks tied for 24th in NFL history. Lewis led the Bengals to the postseason seven times, including a five-year run from 2011-15.

As was previously pointed out, he lost all 7 playoff games. He was a good Defensive Coordinator in Baltimore who generally had bad defenses in Cincinnati. You have a very low standard of "pretty good".

There have been 489 total head coaches in NFL history and he ranks 24th and that is not pretty good?

I mean, a person can be rude while talking about sports or one can just be chill and talk... what do you prefer?

How much did they charge for an in stadium beer in Cincinnati? Billions divided by 32 and $ 50 to park a car for a few hours are a few of the ways to soothe a losing record.

Went to Rams game (vs 49ers) last Sunday and it was $17 a beer and $75 for parking! Ouch.

There have been 489 total head coaches in NFL history and he ranks 24th and that is not pretty good?

I mean, a person can be rude while talking about sports or one can just be chill and talk... what do you prefer?

He is 144th in Regular Season winning percentage, and of all the coaches that have ever been in the playoffs (166 total), there have been 40 who did not win a playoff game. Marvin Lewis in that group has the most losses at 7.

Sorry you are assuming any rudeness, I disagree with your standards and stated I stated as such.

He is 144th in Regular Season winning percentage, and of all the coaches that have ever been in the playoffs (166 total), there have been 40 who did not win a playoff game. Marvin Lewis in that group has the most losses at 7.

Sorry you are assuming any rudeness, I disagree with your standards and stated I stated as such.

I care so litle about Marvin Lewis and this debate topic that I am done here...

The city and players loved Marvin Lewis and I can see why because he is one of the truly nice people in this world.

He had his run and was fairly judged.

In Marvin Lewis' defense, the Bengals have a bad owner. They have the smallest scouting department in the NFL. The Patriots, for example, have 24 people in their scouting department. The Bengals have 12.

Back
Top Bottom