• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five of eight minority NFL coaches fired

Not really.....not when blacks are failing in the job at a much higher rate than whites this year....this cant be ignored.....there might be something interesting happening here.

Oh I’m sure there is :roll:

Not really.....not when blacks are failing in the job at a much higher rate than whites this year....this cant be ignored.....there might be something interesting happening here.

Might and might not. Lots of factors. A good GM, football knowledgeable front office, personnel with the ability to recognize talent, what a team has for players when a coach takes over, and more. The coach is just one piece of the puzzle. An important piece, but still a piece.

Might and might not. Lots of factors. A good GM, football knowledgeable front office, personnel with the ability to recognize talent, what a team has for players when a coach takes over, and more. The coach is just one piece of the puzzle. An important piece, but still a piece.

Might and might not....worth a look see.....this might be important.

I am more wondering if black men were hired who never should have been hired because they were not the best man for the job due to NFL pressure for "diversity". Is this a parallel to Canada's Trudeau demanding that women make up half the cabinet when they only make up 20% of the MP's so we can be very confident that some of the women picked were picked over more qualified men due to the quota? The NFL does not have a quota I know but they keep yapping about the need to hire minorities till they get the rainbow that they want, so it is sort of the same.

I wonder if weak franchises are weak due to weak leadership, and I suspect that weak leadership would be willing to hire a second or third rate coach because they have the genetics that the Head Office is advocating the hiring of.

Or maybe this is just bad luck for the Equity Left?

Diversity is a good thing, but forcing diversity for diversity's sake is a quagmire.

The city and players loved Marvin Lewis and I can see why because he is one of the truly nice people in this world.

He had his run and was fairly judged.

Teams in Ohio in all professional sports have very low standards.

Browns fans are just happy they have a team.

Yes... playoffs eight years in a row. What does that have to do with anything?

The most they ever had was 5 years in a row, last playoff game was 3 years ago.

6-10 this year

7-9 last year

6-9-1 the year before that. He's kind of like the definition of a mediocre head coach.

I am not surprised you said that. You are kind of like the Marvin Lewis of DP posters.

Liberal assholes and race baiters are the only ones who think that a black coach should keep his job on a losing team.

What a steaming pile of bull****.

For what it's worth, the sample sizes we're dealing with are so small and the other variables so significant that using this offseason to determine that "blacks are failing at a higher rate than whites" displays a staggering lack of knowledge of statistics and how they work.

The most they ever had was 5 years in a row, last playoff game was 3 years ago.

OK... still pretty good.

Maybe the coach made it eight times over all then...

I am not surprised you said that. You are kind of like the Marvin Lewis of DP posters.

Tom Brady sucks and the only thing holding him up is cheating...

Race had no factor. It's standard for coaches who do terrible jobs during a season to get the axe.
It's just a coincidence that most of them this time around were Black.

This is just being kicked around by some outside agitator who wants to cause a problem.

I agree with all the firings except one

I don’t think the Arizona coach got a fair shot

One year with a rookie QB and out? Seems like a really fast hook tome

Others were fine...some were years late...Lewis in bengals territory for one

Who is the greatest WR to ever play in the NFL? Can you name your top 5?

Yes... why does that matter to Brady being cheater?

My 5 would be

Rice
Largent
T. Owens
Art Monk
St. Sharpe

Others.

Irvin
Charlie Joiner
A. Reed
Carter
Fitzgerald

Last edited:
Arizona should have fired the GM (Kiem). I can live with the coach firing. It was the front office who brought in the Sam Bradford. What a waste.

Yes... why does that matter to Brady being cheater?

My 5 would be

Rice
Largent
T. Owens
Art Monk
St. Sharpe

Others.

Irvin
Charlie Joiner
A. Reed
Carter
Fitzgerald

In a video segment that was published on ESPN.com on Jan. 17, Rice admitted that he used to put stickum on his gloves during his playing days.

"I know this might be a little illegal, guys, I just put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky," Rice says in the video that was unearthed by the readers over at ProFootballTalk.com.

Stickum and other adhesives were banned by the NFL in 1981. Rice played in the league from 1985 to 2004. So if Rice used stickum, it wasn't a "little illegal," it was all illegal.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ating-just-days-before-calling-pats-cheaters/

Where is your outrage against Jerry Rice? And despite the facted he cheated (no question) you have him as the GOAT WR.

good. so is Brady the goat?

Hell no. He is Top Ten.

Montana

Then in no order

Young
Rogers
Elway

Then in no order but behind the above

Favre
Brady
P. Manning

Hell no. He is Top Ten.

Montana

Then in no order

Young
Rogers
Elway

Then in no order but behind the above

Favre
Brady
P. Manning

Favre better than Brady?

:lamo

End of conversation.

Favre better than Brady?

:lamo

End of conversation.

Yep. One needs to take into consideration other factors... quality of coach and team mates, rules period of NFL, etc.

Matt Stafford is an all time NFL QB according to the stats... that should tell you everything that you need to know about current QB's

I agree with all the firings except one

I don’t think the Arizona coach got a fair shot

One year with a rookie QB and out? Seems like a really fast hook tome

Others were fine...some were years late...Lewis in bengals territory for one

No, Wilks definitely got the shaft in Arizona. The Bidwills are terrible owners.

Back
Top Bottom