• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five Million Americans Became First-Time Gun Owners in 2020

aociswundumho

Capitalist Pig
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Second Amendment: Five Million New Gun Owners in 2020 | National Review

Using the FBI's National Instant Background Check System, National Shooting Sports Foundation, a firearm trade association, estimates that there were over 12 million guns bought in the first seven months of 2020 - up more than 70 percent over the same time span in 2019. This number is likely to include nearly 5 million first-time gun owners so far this year. That is probably the biggest surge in gun ownership in American history. It's worth noting, too, that the number would likely be higher if gun shops hadn't been trying to keep up with demand for months.

I recently read an article which claimed mini cnc mills and 3d printers that can make ghost guns are flying off the shelves as well.

It'll be interesting to see the long-term political implications of this surge.

They can only be good.

The 2020 Democratic ticket is the first in history to feature a candidate that has explicitly called for the confiscation of firearms.

Yet if he wins he's going to take an oath and swear to uphold the Constitution.

Second Amendment: Five Million New Gun Owners in 2020 | National Review

I recently read an article which claimed mini cnc mills and 3d printers that can make ghost guns are flying off the shelves as well.

They can only be good.

Yet if he wins he's going to take an oath and swear to uphold the Constitution.

I think that 5 million number may be on the low side. Several members of my gun club discussed selling or giving guns to relatives, co-workers and even neighbors who wanted a gun but couldn't find one, so they sold them one out of their "collection" they wouldn't miss. Apparently this is fairly common.

Actually, the "black market" for most things is much larger than anyone seems to realize. GDP is a measure of NEW goods and services. It doesn't count what's sold on eBay and other auctions of used goods. Or other websites that hook up buyer and seller of used items. The internet and these apps make buying and selling used goods very easy. Look at Craigslist.

I will admit to giving some people a few rounds of ammo out of my "stash".

Back
Top Bottom