• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Five men sentenced to death for gang raping schoolgirl

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Five men have been sentenced to hang for raping a schoolgirl in Bangladesh – just two days after the death penalty was brought in for sex fiends.

The prisoners – who gang raped a 15-year-old girl in 2012 – will now be put to death under the hastily drafted law.
The sentence was given by a special tribunal in the northern district of Tangail, which was set up to deal with cases of abuse against women and children.

Good. We need a law like this is the USA. What crime is more foul than gang raping a child? Execute them. Send a message.

Slightly retroactive.

Aren't you glad you live in kindergarten rather than diaper school?

Five men have been sentenced to hang for raping a schoolgirl in Bangladesh – just two days after the death penalty was brought in for sex fiends.

The prisoners – who gang raped a 15-year-old girl in 2012 – will now be put to death under the hastily drafted law.
The sentence was given by a special tribunal in the northern district of Tangail, which was set up to deal with cases of abuse against women and children.

Good. We need a law like this is the USA. What crime is more foul than gang raping a child? Execute them. Send a message.
Capital punishment is just a Muslim thing nowadays. Or Asian. Nobody else uses it.

Capital punishment is just a Muslim thing nowadays. Or Asian. Nobody else uses it.
Although most nations have abolished capital punishment, over 60% of the world's population live in countries where the death penalty is retained, such as China, India, the United States, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and among almost all Islamic countries, as well as in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Sri Lanka.[3][4][5][6][7] China is believed to execute more people than all other countries combined.[8]

Has anyone told Rudy?

Although most nations have abolished capital punishment, over 60% of the world's population live in countries where the death penalty is retained, such as China, India, the United States, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and among almost all Islamic countries, as well as in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Sri Lanka.[3][4][5][6][7] China is believed to execute more people than all other countries combined.[8]
Notice a pattern? Free countries, the US and a few others excepted, don’t execute. Relic of a barbaric age.

Ohyeah, them too.

Your statement was
(emphasis added)​

IF NOBODY but a Muslim nation or an Asian nation uses capital punishment,

AND IF the US uses capital punishment,

THEN doesn't that mean that the US must be either:
  1. a "Muslim" nation;

2. an "Asian" nation;

or

3. BOTH a "Muslim" AND an "Asian" nation?

Last edited:
Capital punishment is a con. Of all the horrific murders and killers out there, take a few, and in a ceremony that resembles the old Catholic High Mass, have an execution. There is the ceremonial last meal, it’s contents duly publicized, the last words, grieving witnesses, the possibility of a deus ex machina in the phone call from the governor, the rabble for and against outside the death chamber, and if a firing squad is used, the empty chamber. And we all are told to feel better. We did something about crime.
Best scene about this was in “The Victors.”
WWII film shows a frightened young deserter dragged thru the snow to be shot, while Sinatra sings “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” Lenny Bruce had it right. To prevent all the liberal hand-wringing every few weeks throughout the year about periodic executions, let’s pick one day. Any day, say the evening of December 24. When the Xmas tree lights go on in Rockefeller Center, let that be the signal to drop the cyanide pellets or turn on the electricity.
If we were serious, we would execute every murderer. But we couldn’t bear thousands of executions a year, so we have High Mass every once and a while.

I'm a conservative, but I'm against the death penalty. One of the reasons is that I don't think our legal system is perfect enough for that. But that's just my own opinion, of course.

I'm a conservative, but I'm against the death penalty. One of the reasons is that I don't think our legal system is perfect enough for that. But that's just my own opinion, of course.

The fact that the execution of an innocent person can NOT be reversed or compensated for is a pretty damn good reason for being incredibly skeptical of capital punishment.

That does not mean that it should NEVER be imposed, but the standard of proof for its imposition should be (at least) "guilt beyond ANY doubt AND with NO likely prospect of reform".

If you're skeptical of state powers you should be skeptical of giving the state the power of life and death in judicial proceedings.

The law was also passed ex post facto to the crimes here, so it wouldn't mesh well with our constitution.

Back
Top Bottom