• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Fitzgerald got "creative" as expected..

Stinger said:
her job just being classified has not been the subject or of interest at all until now. The whole issue of the Wilson trip was classified, information was leaked, the CIA requested the DOJ investigate to see if any classified information had been leaked and if any law was violated in the process. No charges were brought for any illegalites in regards to any information that was leaked.
You have misinterpreted a few details. The entire reason behind Fitzgerald's investigation was to determine who leaked Valerie Plame's identity to the press. According to the indictment, her status as a CIA agent was classified. Whether or not she was covert at the time of the leak, someone still leaked classified information to the press.

Also note that Fitzgerald's investigation origionally had nothing to do with Wilson's trip to Africa. That only comes into play because Libby allegedly had several conversations about that trip, conversations that included mention of Plame being Wilson's wife. Because of those conversations (with multiple people), Libby must have known about Plame's identity during his conversation with Tim Russert of NBC News, even though he told the grand jury he was "taken aback" when Russert told him Wilson's wife worked for the CIA.

Simon W. Moon said:
Who on earth told you this malarkey. Whoever was, don't trust them any more.

This appears to be at odds w/ how the DoJ is characterizing the affair.
To wit, the letter from the Acting Attorney General to Fitzgerald December 30, 2003:
By the authority vested in the Attorney General by law, including 28 U. S .C. §§ 509, 510, and 515, and in my capacity as Acting Attorney General pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 508, I hereby delegate to you all the authority of the Attorney General with respect to the Department's investigation into the alleged unauthorized disclosure of a CIA employee's identity, and I direct you to exercise that authority as Special Counsel independent of the supervision or control of any officer of the Department.
So, again, I ask where you got your faulty info? Is your source more authoritative than the Office of the Attorney General re this matter?

But how did the CIA characterize it. I still haven't been able to find their referral with the 11 questions it contained.

Stu Ghatze said:
I know some here want to believe that I am blind about any wrongdoing from the Bush whitehouse, ..or that I think BUsh has been at his best with everything!

Not true on both counts. However, ...I'am so sick of the way prosecutors ignore some things when it comes to investigating people like Sandy Berger who LIED & WAS CAUGHT in a LIE, or Bill Clinton.....the press does not make it a big deal like they do when repubs get prosecuted.

I suspected the prosecutor could not get Rove, or LIbby or anybody on the actual charge of deliberatley outing Valerie Plame, ..& probably WOULD resort to getting something he could dredge up.

Listen, how do we know that perhaps Libby simply got his dates, & places wrong by mistake? It has been almost two years ya know.

Even the media has PRESUMED Libby broke laws & is guilty, ..I know the prosecutor says he deserves to be seen as innocent until he is convicted in a court of law, ..but the media ALREADY HAS HIM GUILTY by the very things they say, & how they say it!

IMO I must say that whenever it comes to grand juries, & special prosecutors, ..it seems there is different press treatment, & different types of editorializing that always PRESUMES to have democrats look not quite so bad, ..& the republicans "twice the son of hell".

What TROUBLES me MOST is the fact that IT never REALLY has been established that Plame was a COVERT CIA operator, ..that fact has actually been left in limbo, or basically ignored...ecept for Fitzgerald own "opinion" which might NOT be held up in a court of law.

I will NEVER believe that LIbby was the first to KNOW of her, ..or the first to actually tell the media something that mANY of the media people probably ALREADY knew before LIbby tipped her I.D. off to them.

THe Wilson's were a very flamboyant couple, ..I'm not saying that should relieve Libby of his responsibility now, ..it just seems to me that "somebody" from the media more than likely ALREADY knew about her relationship with the CIA, ..& if that is true, ..I find it rather PETTY that Fitzgerald looked for anything to get somebody from the whitehouse on a charge, ..as long as it was a 'charge' period.

If it was because Libby lied, ..my God...Clinton should have been indicted big time for his lies, rther than just accept a fine, & be disbarred. He had ALREADY suborned perjury by a false affadavit, & knowingly lied to a judge; & his DNA was proof enough, not speculation, but damn solid proof!

In the end, ...that prosecutor felt Clinton too big to put him thru a trial, & dared NOT to attempt it.

Clinton was terribly embarrassed, ..but other than that, his crimes were basically not entered into the record, ..& they let him get out of it much more graciously than they could have.

To me....this is how it always seems to go whenever a democrat gets themself into trouble with a grand jury, ..their treatment is by far not quite the same.;)

Why do you people contintue to bring Bill Clinton in to this?? This is about GENOCIDE, not a freakin' white house BLOW JOB!
I just think that this entire investigation could be so simple if people would just stand up and say what REALLY happened and is so glowingly apparant to everyone who's studied the War in Iraq.

And it's unfortunate too, that LIES don't leave SEMEN STAINS, because if they DID, the entire GOP would already be in prison already for lying to go to war and kill 200,000 Iraqi's.

Stinger said:
Well the whole issue has been about her being "outed" as a "covert", her job just being classified has not been the subject or of interest at all until now. The whole issue of the Wilson trip was classified, information was leaked, the CIA requested the DOJ investigate to see if any classified information had been leaked and if any law was violated in the process. No charges were brought for any illegalites in regards to any information that was leaked.

But this is only phase one of the indictments, because next we'll hopefully see Colon Pal up there and then Cheney and Bush. And this entire conspiracy is not just about a leak of information. It's about made-up claims to go to war, which in MY book is also known as GENOCIDE. The Bush administration is guilty of crimes against humanity. And every SOLDIER who continues to follow orders and kill people when they are knowingly doing it for made-up reasons is guilty of war crimes AS WELL.

And people compare this to Vietnam?? HAH! This is even WORSE than the vietnam scenario! It's the corrupt actions of the GOP to use our young soldiers as fodder in their pathological pursuit of PROFIT and POWER.

Any sane human intelligence sees this for what it truly is, a RAPE of Democracy and everything that America stands for!

sissy-boy said:

But this is only phase one of the indictments, because next we'll hopefully see Colon Pal up there and then Cheney and Bush.

And then the pigs will fly.

Back
Top Bottom