• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FISA shocker: DOJ official warned Steele dossier was connected to Clinton, might be biased

"Why did Trump ask Russia about missing emails?". We get that a lot. We get that a lot because his comment was taken COMPLETELY out of context.

Here's a video of the whole July 27th, 2016 press conference from which the "Russia, please steal her emails" quote has been pulled. I'd ask that anyone truly interested in that quote watch the first 13-14 minutes. If you want to skip to the quote and miss all the context then feel free to jump to the 12:50 mark and also feel free to ignore any context beyond that which you're fed by Rachael Maddow and Adam Schiff. However, if you REALLY wantt o understand where the quote comes from then watch the entire first 14 minutes.

Trump mentions the DNC hack pretty much right off the bat. His comments go on until just before the 5 min mark and then he starts taking questions. The first question he gets is about the Clinton hack and he mentions that he heard Robbie Mook mention that it might have been him that did the hacking. Trump blew it off as a joke. At the 10:45 mark he talks about the DNC emails and how disturbing the comments were as well as how the fact that they were hacked was disrespectful to the USA.

At the 12:30 mark Trump takes a question from a reporter about Putin. He's already been asked other question about how he'll act with Putin. Trump gets a little riled up you can watch the comment cross his lips right then. It's pure sarcasm.

Luth, we both know you love sarcasm. I asked Trix that question, not you. I asked you a different set of (tongue-in-cheek) questions.

The gist of the OP has become recognizable as a Right Wing Conspiracy Theory: Evil Hillary-Bots used unreliable sources, outrageous and illegal methods to obtain FISA warrants and spy on Americans. The theory has fleshed out the names of some of these Evil Hillary-Bots. Why and how have these evil Hillary-Bots avoided appropriate punishment?

I don't know that much about our federal government or what goes on behind the scenes. I merely make comments and ask questions for my personal enjoyment on this anonymous political forum. Even with the government shutdown, I expect you to become buried in work in the coming weeks. I deem you highly competent at what you do for a living... and genuinely appreciate your productive role in society. You have certainly helped me with a question or two. Rock on Bro'

Saying 'you arent that stupid' is perceived as an insult to you? Your comment on the other hand WAS stupid or intentionally dishonest. That would make you a liar. I dont know you well enough to know your character so I had to ask WHY you would make such a deliberately dishonest statement while trying to avoid what is a commonly known fact.

Everything I wrote is true and verifiable. I stand by my comments.

And yes, questioning my intelligence is, in fact, very insulting, but I think you know that. If you can't be civil, pick a fight with someone else.

They quoted Ohr's actual testimony. Oh, and the story revealed just how much of a dirt bag Adam Schiff is

Ohr talked to Congressional Investigators about Fusion GPS and Steele:

“I certainly told the FBI that Fusion GPS was working with, doing opposition research on Donald Trump,” Ohr told congressional investigators, adding that he warned the FBI that Steele expressed bias during their conversations.

“I provided information to the FBI when I thought Christopher Steele was, as I said, desperate that Trump not be elected,” he added. “So, yes, of course I provided that to the FBI.”

When pressed why he would offer that information to the FBI, Ohr answered: “In case there might be any kind of bias or anything like that.” He added later, “So when I provided it to the FBI, I tried to be clear that this is source information, I don’t know how reliable it is. You’re going to have to check it out and be aware.”

hear·say
/ˈhirˌsā/Submit
noun
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
"according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"
synonyms: rumor, gossip, tittle-tattle, tattle, idle chatter, idle talk, mere talk, report; More
LAW
the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.
"everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay"

Please flesh out the criminal acts without using any hearsay. Give the names of the alleged criminals and what laws they violated.

I thoroughly understand your affinity for an OP that tries to gaslight an existing Right Wing Conspiracy Theory.

And yes, questioning my intelligence is, in fact, very insulting, but I think you know that. If you can't be civil, pick a fight with someone else.
Clinton and the DNC used intermediaries to hire foreign agents to accumulate a dossier in an attempt to sway a US election and to overthrow the results of said election if Trump won. Fusion GPS was just one of those intermediaries. Nothing more. CLINTON and the DNC are responsible for Steele and the other foreign agents...not Fusion GPS. Steele is a foreign agent, the people he hired including the Russians are foreign agents. Clinton and the DNC colluded with foreign agents AND scum in the FBI to alter an election.

Theres your documented collusion. Lock her up...right?

Settle on gullible instead?

Saying 'you arent that stupid' is perceived as an insult to you? Your comment on the other hand WAS stupid or intentionally dishonest. That would make you a liar. I dont know you well enough to know your character so I had to ask WHY you would make such a deliberately dishonest statement while trying to avoid what is a commonly known fact.

Everything Idiometer posted there is fact. You're the one who doesn't know what the facts are, or choose to be willfully ignorant of them.

Clinton and the DNC used intermediaries to hire foreign agents to accumulate a dossier in an attempt to sway a US election and to overthrow the results of said election if Trump won. Fusion GPS was just one of those intermediaries. Nothing more. CLINTON and the DNC are responsible for Steele and the other foreign agents...not Fusion GPS. Steele is a foreign agent, the people he hired including the Russians are foreign agents. Clinton and the DNC colluded with foreign agents AND scum in the FBI to alter an election.

There's the whackadoodle alt-right CT fantasy that's been thoroughly dicredited ad infinitum, but when one is as desperate as you I guess it "works" somehow in your feeble minded estimation of things. Not to rational folk though, so there's that.:lamo:cool:

Put "Americans" in place of "intermediaries", because what they were and then you have the chief difference between the DNC was doing and what Trump jr was doing. Steele was an agent of a friendly foreign country that happens to be our longest and closest ally and a part of the 5 eyes. Steele has worked with jointly with American intelligence and investigatory agencies in past operations and is regarded by those agencies as being a reliable and trusted source. And anyone who has worked in the highest levels of counter-intelligence for as long as Steele has and particularly in regard to Russia is going to have developed within their network of informants some former and perhaps even current Russian agents and government operatives. It's what helps to make him a valuable source.

Who said "without funding"? Which part of "Conservatives originally started this work. A law firm employed by the Clinton campaign, Perkins Coie, picked up the contract. Clinton did not hire Chrstopher Steele, Fusion GPS hired him because he was an expert in the field of Russion covert ops" did you not understand? Of COURSE they were paid, first by conservatives against Trump, then by Clinton's campaign. But Clinton herself did not hire Fusion GPS, the campaign's lawyers did. And Clinton did not hire Christopher Steele, Fusion GPS did.

Note that unlike you, I am refraining from personal insults here. The "you aren't that stupid" remark, repeated, was un-called for.

Steele was hired AFTER the Free Beacon terminated their contract with Fusion GPS.

Clinton Campaign, DNC paid for research that led to the dossier
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...6fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

Last edited:
There's the whackadoodle alt-right CT fantasy that's been thoroughly dicredited ad infinitum, but when one is as desperate as you I guess it "works" somehow in your feeble minded estimation of things. Not to rational folk though, so there's that.:lamo:cool:

Yup, it's all just some Right wing CT fantasy....:lamo

WaPo: Prosectors use grand jury as Investigation against Andrew McCabe intensifies....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...922b2e-b137-11e8-9a6a-565d92a3585d_story.html

No he wasn't. Steele was initially contracted when the client was a Republican. He didn't begin work on the dossier until after the Perkins Coie took over the client role.

WRONG, read the article and stop making **** up to satisfy your biased opinion

Ohr talked to Congressional Investigators about Fusion GPS and Steele:

“I certainly told the FBI that Fusion GPS was working with, doing opposition research on Donald Trump,” Ohr told congressional investigators, adding that he warned the FBI that Steele expressed bias during their conversations.

Please flesh out the criminal acts without using any hearsay. Give the names of the alleged criminals and what laws they violated.

I thoroughly understand your affinity for an OP that tries to gaslight an existing Right Wing Conspiracy Theory.

Why did Adam Schiff lie about Ohr's involvement ?
IMG_20190118_113206.jpg

ewwww, I wish you hadn't said that cuz now I have to ask you to show on what fronts the dossier has been shown to be true and you won't be able to. No one can.

You should find new sources of information because the current ones seem to have shielded you from the facts.

What’s more, the Steele dossier itself has been deemed credible at the highest levels of the US intelligence community, to the point where both Presidents Obama and Trump were briefed on it before its existence was made public. Independent intelligence experts have pointed out that many of its claims — though not the pee tape — have been confirmed by subsequent investigations.

“Steele and his company appear serious and credible,” John Sipher, a 30-year veteran of the CIA, wrote at Slate in September. “Well before any public knowledge of these events, the [Steele dossier] identified multiple elements of the Russian operation including a cyber campaign, leaked documents related to Hillary Clinton, and meetings with Paul Manafort and other Trump affiliates to reportedly discuss the receipt of stolen documents.”

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/27/16552458/trump-russia-clinton-steele-cambridge-analytica

oh and before you post "wah wah Vox", you need to explain why the GOP platform on Ukraine was changed as predicted

"Parts of the dossier have been stood up and in places it looks prophetic. One Steele memo says the Kremlin was behind the hacking of DNC emails, claiming these were released via WikiLeaks for reasons of “plausible deniability”. In return, Trump agreed to “sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine” as a campaign issue and to raise “US/Nato defence commitments in the Baltics and eastern Europe” to deflect attention.

This is precisely what happened at the Republican National Convention last July, when language on the US’s commitment to Ukraine was mysteriously softened. Meanwhile, in a series of tweets, Trump questioned whether US allies were paying enough into Nato coffers.
"
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-about-alleged-links-between-trump-and-russia

You should find new sources of information because the current ones seem to have shielded you from the facts.

I don't think so...The dossier was used to obtain the FISA warrant but as we know now from Bruce Ohr's testimony, it was deemed biased opposition research summer 2016 prior to the time it was subsequently used anyway to obtain the FISA warrant, fall 2016.
On Oct. 21, 2016, the wiretap was approved based on “evidence” including the Yahoo crazy news article speculating that Carter was some dangerous Russian spy, and parts of an anti-Trump “dossier", paid Clinton Campaign opposition research's attorney, Cole Perkins who disguised the costs for the dossier as legal documents. Do you really think the FISA wiretap would have been approved if the court was told of Bruce Ohr's truthfulness as outlined below?

FISA shocker: DOJ official warned Steele dossier was connected to Clinton, might be biased

Even that narcissist Comey said the dossier was salacious and unverified but used anyway to obtain the FISA warrant.
Try harder because none of it has EVER been verified except by partisan fake news "experts"... :lol:

Trump was always right about all of this... "nothing but a witch hunt"

Last edited:
If it was just oppo research-you know, normal stuff-why did Hillary Clinton conceal the FACT that she paid for it? Why launder the money through Perkins Coie?
Further, why use an ex-British spy and get Russia to provide information that could alter an American election and spy on Trump's campaign?
Isn't that exactly what the Left's heads are exploding about now?

Why use a Russian expert and former intelligence officer in the UK with many Russian contacts to investigate Trump's activities in Russia? Tough question......:confused:

The more interesting question is why a guy like Steele produces a fraudulent report that he knows is fraudulent, hands it off to the FBI who he knows will investigate every claim in it, begs them to take it seriously, and tries to get this 'dossier' into the news where he also knows because it involves Trump will be subject to more unrelenting scrutiny including by some with HUGE incentives to prove his claims false and his report fraudulent. And all for what was a normal contract that if it was found out to be fraudulent (in an election not involving his own country) would essentially kill his career.

So it's never made ANY sense at any level that Steele purposely fabricated even a single line. Nothing about doing that helps him in any way, potentially deals a death blow to his remaining career, and we have to assume he goes into the contract and behaves in a way that serves his interests in the long term, and producing a good, accurate report does just that.

Why did Adam Schiff lie about Ohr's involvement ?
View attachment 67248259

Nunes, a parody of objectiveness, chaired the House Intelligence Committee. You totally avoided answering my question.

You hit the nail on the head when you wrote in Post #68...
Yup, it's all just some Right wing CT fantasy..

Numerous times I have recommended you pursue writing a political novel wherein you create a narrative and conclusion that suits your proclivities.

Cheers! Wishing you and yours Good Times in 2019!

Back
Top Bottom