• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FISA shocker: DOJ official warned Steele dossier was connected to Clinton, might be biased

Kinda irrelevant if the dossier is biased or not.... The FBI and others would always have to confirm the accusations in the dossier.

And so far the dossier is turning up to be true on most fronts.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

Kinda irrelevant if the dossier is biased or not.... The FBI and others would always have to confirm the accusations in the dossier.

We keep hearing these vagaries about the dossier being verified. "On most fronts"? What is this, horseshoes and hand grenades?
Americans deserve better than to have unverified and ill-gotten-from-malign-foreign-powers information presented when obtaining FISA warrants to SPY on them.

It comes as no surprise you responded with something irrelevant.

The OP attempts to reach an "Ah Ha Moment" suggesting a "Nunes-Like" conclusion:

Evil Bruce Ohr; Evil FBI; Evil DOJ; Evil FISA Court; Evil Schiff... Evil ad nauseam. Viva Chump (the victim)! What do you do to counter this level of Evilness?

Bruce Ohr testified under oath that he told the FBI that the oppositional Clinton campaign funded dossier was full of anti-Trump bias, aka unverified :bs but they disregarded his warning anyway.
Try for some reading comprehension and you no doubt will come to the same conclusion and yes the facts are relevant.

We keep hearing these vagaries about the dossier being verified. "On most fronts"? What is this, horseshoes and hand grenades?
Americans deserve better than to have unverified and ill-gotten-from-malign-foreign-powers information presented when obtaining FISA warrants to SPY on them.

HEAR! HEAR! :applaud

Roseann:)

Maybe in Denmark it's okay for your government to spy on their citizens but in the United States it is not LEGAL without cause.
The dossier was not cause.

Last edited:
Bruce Ohr testified under oath that he told the FBI that the oppositional Clinton campaign funded dossier was full of anti-Trump bias, aka unverified :bs but they disregarded his warning anyway.
Try for some reading comprehension and you no doubt will come to the same conclusion and yes the facts are relevant.

HEAR! HEAR! :applaud

ewwww, I wish you hadn't said that cuz now I have to ask you to show on what fronts the dossier has been shown to be true and you won't be able to. No one can.
That's one thing.
The other is that they didn't let the FISC Judge know exactly where the dossier came from.
“We certainly consider it our obligation, because of our trust relationship with federal judges, to present evidence that would paint a materially different picture of what we're presenting,” Comey testified on Dec. 7, 2018. “You want to present to the judge reviewing your application a complete picture of the evidence, both its flaws and its strengths.”​

The Trump resistors "not my President" naysayers would like to ignore this kind of information because it will pop a high flying balloon and send that deflated balloon to the ground...

Thus dashing all hope of supplanting The Duly Elected 45th President of The United States of America with ________________.

Oy vey! How did it take so long to recognize a generous poster gifted with a combination of disingenuous flakiness?

Remind me, why did George Papadopoulus go to Russia? Why did Trump ask Russia about missing emails? What have you done to counter all the Evil? How do you measure reading comprehension?

If you like to read and you like going down Rabbit Holes, I recommend Watership Down by Richard Adams.

The Trump resistors "not my President" naysayers would like to ignore this kind of information because it will pop a high flying balloon and send that deflated balloon to the ground...

Thus dashing all hope of supplanting The Duly Elected 45th President of The United States of America with ________________.

What all this tells me is that some from the anti-Trump brigade condone the FBI's accomplishments, to obtain FISA warrants illegally to spy on American citizens; the Trump campaign.
They only care about the law being upheld when it suits their partisan anti-Trump narrative.
Hypocrites of the worst kind, Roseann.

Oy vey! How did it take so long to recognize a generous poster gifted with a combination of disingenuous flakiness?

Remind me, why did George Papadopoulus go to Russia? Why did Trump ask Russia about missing emails? What have you done to counter all the Evil? How do you measure reading comprehension?

If you like to read and you like going down Rabbit Holes, I recommend Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Oy vey, yourself.
George Papadopoulous is irrelevant. He was found guilty of lying to the FBI and has already served his 14 days in jail. If he chose to compromise this country as a spy while acting on behalf of Trump's command, he'd be locked up for a very along time...Odd that you would talk about jumping down the rabbit hole. Did you ever actually read the book you recommend?
Your point is moot.

If you have something to add to the actual topic other than nonsense, feel free to jump in.

Oy vey, yourself.
George Papadopoulous is irrelevant. He was found guilty of lying to the FBI and has already served his 14 days in jail. UF he chose to compromise this country as a spy, he'd be locked up for along time...
Your point is moot.

If you have something to add to the actual topic, feel free to jump in.

I did. You skipped over it. You can't comprehend what you don't read and you don't understand.

You won't either!

Disgusting that the public is being shielded from learning about this story.
This has conspiracy to unseat a duly elected president all over it.

No one was shielded from jack****. This is a nothing story as anyone who has been following this would already know that Steele had convinced Simpson that the information he collected indicated to him that the Russians were in the midst of a massive disinformation and interference operation targeting the American national election, and that the Russians had been targeting Trump as being a possible asset for perhaps as long as 5 to 10 years, and that there also existed evidence of a disturbing pattern of interactions and communications between Russian operatives and the Trump campaign. As a former MI6 intelligence agent and former head of MI6's Russia desk in his view this information showing a major Russian operation being currently underway clearly favoring one specific American presidential candidate and was in close contact with that candidate's campaign represented a potential major national security threat to the United States. Therefore he felt they were duty and honor bound to get this vital information to the proper American authorities as quickly as possible. Simpson was reluctant at first but then agreed telling Steele that he would have to notify his client that this part was going to be redirected but he still could not reveal the identity of the client. Steele being a former agent knew that there are risks involved when handling such highly sensitive information decided he alone should handle the transfer of the document as he knew you can't give something like this to just anyone as the information he gathered showed that there was a probability that other Americans may be directly involved and some may occupy high positions and therefore it was vital to give to someone who can be trusted. For Steele that trusted someone was Bruce Ohr. Because Steele had previously worked directly with Bruce Ohr on joint counter-intelligence FBI operations and he believed that Ohr was someone he could trust was capable of discreetly navigating this highly sensitive material so that it can get to the people at the higher levels of the FBI so it can be acted upon while avoiding those who might seek to intercept and suppress it.

What all this tells me is that some from the anti-Trump brigade condone the FBI's accomplishments, to obtain FISA warrants illegally to spy on American citizens; the Trump campaign.
They only care about the law being upheld when it suits their partisan anti-Trump narrative.

:agree

That type of thinking that is condoned has a motto... "By any means necessary!"

Someone should start a thread about the tactics that Republicans will take once Mueller reports). Because they've already started.

You arent that stupid. You dont really believe that Fusion GPS of their own accord without funding funneled to them by the Clinton campaign and the DNC was hired to fabricate that dossier.

You arent that stupid. So why you would say such a stupid thing leaves that you are simple a partisan doing what partisans do.

Who said "without funding"? Which part of "Conservatives originally started this work. A law firm employed by the Clinton campaign, Perkins Coie, picked up the contract. Clinton did not hire Chrstopher Steele, Fusion GPS hired him because he was an expert in the field of Russion covert ops" did you not understand? Of COURSE they were paid, first by conservatives against Trump, then by Clinton's campaign. But Clinton herself did not hire Fusion GPS, the campaign's lawyers did. And Clinton did not hire Christopher Steele, Fusion GPS did.

Note that unlike you, I am refraining from personal insults here. The "you aren't that stupid" remark, repeated, was un-called for.

If it was just oppo research-you know, normal stuff-why did Hillary Clinton conceal the FACT that she paid for it? Why launder the money through Perkins Coie?
Further, why use an ex-British spy and get Russia to provide information that could alter an American election and spy on Trump's campaign?
Isn't that exactly what the Left's heads are exploding about now?

How was hiring a law firm to seek out research contracts laundering anything? Hillary herself may not have even known about Fusion GPS or Christopher Steele until well after the dossier was made public, but personally, I don't recall her denying that her campaign paid for opposition research. Got a link?

From everything I've read, Fusion GPS hired Steele because he was professional, knowledgeable, and had maintained numerous contacts within Russia's intelligence community after having lived and worked in Moscow for a couple of decades.

No one was "spying" on Trump's campaign. The FBI decided to place a known civilian informant there after Trump named Carter Page as one of his foreign policy advisors. The FBI already knew that Page had had numerous contacts with known Russian spies here in the U.S.

How was hiring a law firm to seek out research contracts laundering anything? Hillary herself may not have even known about Fusion GPS or Christopher Steele until well after the dossier was made public, but personally, I don't recall her denying that her campaign paid for opposition research. Got a link?

From everything I've read, Fusion GPS hired Steele because he was professional, knowledgeable, and had maintained numerous contacts within Russia's intelligence community after having lived and worked in Moscow for a couple of decades.

No one was "spying" on Trump's campaign. The FBI decided to place a known civilian informant there after Trump named Carter Page as one of his foreign policy advisors. The FBI already knew that Page had had numerous contacts with known Russian spies here in the U.S.
I don't buy this for a minute. Not when it comes to the Clintons.

OP is the "bombshell" that the Steele Dossier was part of opposition research and a whole ****load of right wingers here acting like the FBI had no idea. Goddamn right wingers are gullible.

We even had a guy on the first page calling this treason. NEVER QUESTION DEAR LEADER :lamo

They didn't illegally obtain the FISA warrant.

Some of the top FBI and DoJ managers who were involved in this are working for Mueller.

Maybe Mueller needs his head examined? Who does he really work for? Why would he, a lifelong Gopper and former Marine, hire those people? Who can we trust? What has our government turned into?

"Why did Trump ask Russia about missing emails?". We get that a lot. We get that a lot because his comment was taken COMPLETELY out of context.

Here's a video of the whole July 27th, 2016 press conference from which the "Russia, please steal her emails" quote has been pulled. I'd ask that anyone truly interested in that quote watch the first 13-14 minutes. If you want to skip to the quote and miss all the context then feel free to jump to the 12:50 mark and also feel free to ignore any context beyond that which you're fed by Rachael Maddow and Adam Schiff. However, if you REALLY wantt o understand where the quote comes from then watch the entire first 14 minutes.

Trump mentions the DNC hack pretty much right off the bat. His comments go on until just before the 5 min mark and then he starts taking questions. The first question he gets is about the Clinton hack and he mentions that he heard Robbie Mook mention that it might have been him that did the hacking. Trump blew it off as a joke. At the 10:45 mark he talks about the DNC emails and how disturbing the comments were as well as how the fact that they were hacked was disrespectful to the USA.

At the 12:30 mark Trump takes a question from a reporter about Putin. He's already been asked other question about how he'll act with Putin. Trump gets a little riled up you can watch the comment cross his lips right then. It's pure sarcasm.

Who said "without funding"? Which part of "Conservatives originally started this work. A law firm employed by the Clinton campaign, Perkins Coie, picked up the contract. Clinton did not hire Chrstopher Steele, Fusion GPS hired him because he was an expert in the field of Russion covert ops" did you not understand? Of COURSE they were paid, first by conservatives against Trump, then by Clinton's campaign. But Clinton herself did not hire Fusion GPS, the campaign's lawyers did. And Clinton did not hire Christopher Steele, Fusion GPS did.

Note that unlike you, I am refraining from personal insults here. The "you aren't that stupid" remark, repeated, was un-called for.
Saying 'you arent that stupid' is perceived as an insult to you? Your comment on the other hand WAS stupid or intentionally dishonest. That would make you a liar. I dont know you well enough to know your character so I had to ask WHY you would make such a deliberately dishonest statement while trying to avoid what is a commonly known fact.

Back
Top Bottom