• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FISA Abuse Report Will Be "Worse Than You Can Imagine" And "Careers Will Be Ruined"

Re: FISA Abuse Report Will Be "Worse Than You Can Imagine" And "Careers Will Be Ruined"

Read which transcript?

According to Trump, that Barr story is fake news.

But why would you think Barr would be involved in Trump asking Zelenskiy to investigate corruption in Ukraine...especially since there's no indication that Zelenskiy has even started any investigation?

I don't see any reason for Barr to get involved in something that was dreamed up by the House Dems and a bunch of deep state Trump haters.

Read the one the White House put out.... it's as incriminating as anything else.

You don't see why Barr would be involved?? Because if the President was pushing for an investigation of the Bidens without any valid evidence to support it, then it's blatantly clear that he was abusing his power and has to be impeached! Otherwise, what precedent does it set? Any future Democratic President could abuse foreign aid to coerce any recipient to come up with any charges against Republicans under the sun... Marco Rubio takes a vacation to Egypt, and all of a sudden the Egyptian police are "investigating" him for sexual tourism and preying on young boys. You name it... all bets are off.

You really comfortable living in that kind of a world?

Re: FISA Abuse Report Will Be "Worse Than You Can Imagine" And "Careers Will Be Ruined"

He didn't find anything but spin, speculation, innuendo and hyperbole and he knew that's not enough to file charges. It is, however, exactly what the House Dems want in their efforts to influence voters for the 2020 election.

He failed, but he gave what the Dems needed to fuel their House shenanigans for another attempt to "get Trump".

btw, what has the House come up with? More spin, speculation, innuendo, hyperbole...along with a lie or two.

It's useless discussing with you because you act like there are no facts out there. That shows intelligence on a par with baby orange man

Time for many of the members of the crooked Obama admin to start serving time!!!!!

And dont put them in some country club jail. Put them in with all the rest of the criminals. Put them on the commode washing detail for the first 6 months.

Nothing in that quote says that "the AG will be in touch".

Seriously...I asked for facts. Quit making **** up.
"Whatever you can do with the AG" is not assuming there will be contact? That is nuts! Further, it shows "Barr would be involved in Trump asking Zelenskiy to investigate", the condition YOU set up.

Read the one the White House put out.... it's as incriminating as anything else.

I've read the phone transcript. There is nothing incriminating in it.

You don't see why Barr would be involved??

~snipped "THE SKY IS FALLING!!" rhetoric~

Barr won't be involved unless he has already begun an investigation into Biden's/Obama's activities or unless Zelenskiy's people reach out to him. There is no indication that either has happened as of now.

It's useless discussing with you because you act like there are no facts out there. That shows intelligence on a par with baby orange man

shrug...

Give me some facts.

(don't give me opinion, 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand hearsay and don't give me speculation...just the facts)

"Whatever you can do with the AG" is not assuming there will be contact? That is nuts! Further, it shows "Barr would be involved in Trump asking Zelenskiy to investigate", the condition YOU set up.

I'm not interested in assumptions.

I keep asking for facts...you keep avoiding giving me facts. Do you actually have any facts?

I'm not interested in assumptions.
BS, you spout conspiracy theories all the time, they are totally assumptions.

I keep asking for facts...you keep avoiding giving me facts. Do you actually have any facts?
I just showed in a WH released transcript that "Barr would be involved in Trump asking Zelenskiy to investigate".

He didn't post it in Breaking News.... What's your point?
Did you expect him to post a right wing opinion piece from the Democratic Underground? :lol:

Well, it's known as 'wanting facts, not lies' . What is your problem with facts?

BS, you spout conspiracy theories all the time, they are totally assumptions.

I just showed in a WH released transcript that "Barr would be involved in Trump asking Zelenskiy to investigate".

No...you didn't. You assumed Barr would be involved.

sigh...

You've been dancing around all day and you have yet to present one single fact. I'm done with you.

You are dismissed. (see my sig)

No...you didn't. You assumed Barr would be involved.

sigh...

You've been dancing around all day and you have yet to present one single fact. I'm done with you.

You are dismissed. (see my sig)
I did not assume it, Trump specifically involved Barr in the investigation discussion with Zelensky:

Trump call.jpg

Watch the Trump sycophants squiggle.

These are good days.

I've read the phone transcript. There is nothing incriminating in it.

Barr won't be involved unless he has already begun an investigation into Biden's/Obama's activities or unless Zelenskiy's people reach out to him. There is no indication that either has happened as of now.

If there's not an investigation - and presumably no evidence to base one on - then what right does the President have to try and get the Ukrainians to start one, Mycroft?

Jesus.... are you really that morally blind and bankrupt that you don't see that?

If there's not an investigation - and presumably no evidence to base one on - then what right does the President have to try and get the Ukrainians to start one, Mycroft?

Jesus.... are you really that morally blind and bankrupt that you don't see that?

I see you are a logic-challenged person.

It is quite reasonable for someone to call for an investigation and then, at a later time decide...for whatever reason...not to go through with it.

In any case, there very well could still be an investigation so your non-logical blather is essentially irrelevant.

It is quite reasonable for someone to call for an investigation and then, at a later time decide...for whatever reason...not to go through with it.

In any case, there very well could still be an investigation so your non-logical blather is essentially irrelevant.

That's not the way the law works, Mycroft... you don't investigate people just because they happen to be political rivals - not unless you happen to live in a police state.

If there's enough evidence to support reasonable suspicion of criminal wrong-doing on the part of the Bidens, that's one thing... I can accept the DOJ conducting an investigation. Because I have faith in our justice system.

But to have the President abuse his power to direct foreign policy to further a partisan witch-hunt? Are you really telling me you find that acceptable behavior?

That's not the way the law works, Mycroft... you don't investigate people just because they happen to be political rivals - not unless you happen to live in a police state.

If there's enough evidence to support reasonable suspicion of criminal wrong-doing on the part of the Bidens, that's one thing... I can accept the DOJ conducting an investigation. Because I have faith in our justice system.

But to have the President abuse his power to direct foreign policy to further a partisan witch-hunt? Are you really telling me you find that acceptable behavior?
Mycrap thinks a predicate existed.

Mycrap thinks a predicate existed.

I don't think he does.... because if he did, then he'd join my call to have the Attorney General come forth and put out this fire.

I don't think he does.... because if he did, then he'd join my call to have the Attorney General come forth and put out this fire.
here:
The predicate has been stated over and over...and it has nothing to do with dirt.

Wow. I didn't think I'd every see that level of unintentional irony.

I like his next line in that post:

Look...if you have facts, trot them out. If you don't, cool. Until you DO trot out some facts...

If the President has a valid defense for trying to leverage US foreign aid in order to get the Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens - if there is a valid predicate that meets the legal standard of reasonable suspicion - then I look forward to having him.... or the Attorney General... present it. Until one of them can come out and state that there was a valid reason to investigate the Bidens that was so pressing it DEMANDED that US foreign policy be subverted to address it, well, then I can only assume that his actions were a gross and flagrant abuse of power. What other choice do any of us have but to come to that conclusion?

I like his next line in that post:

If the President has a valid defense for trying to leverage US foreign aid in order to get the Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens - if there is a valid predicate that meets the legal standard of reasonable suspicion - then I look forward to having him.... or the Attorney General... present it. Until one of them can come out and state that there was a valid reason to investigate the Bidens that was so pressing it DEMANDED that US foreign policy be subverted to address it, well, then I can only assume that his actions were a gross and flagrant abuse of power. What other choice do any of us have but to come to that conclusion?
Well, that is the issue, they can avoid coming to a rational conclusion....by believing in conspiracy theories and rejecting the facts they demand. This is why I think this democracy is nearing an end.

Well, that is the issue, they can avoid coming to a rational conclusion....by believing in conspiracy theories and rejecting the facts they demand. This is why I think this democracy is nearing an end.

I'll agree with you if this current state of affairs continues to persist. If the Administration cannot produce evidence to somehow justify the actions undertaken by the President.... and if the Republican Senators blindly overlook that fact and vote against removing him, then we have effectively become a dictatorship. The way is then open for the President to do whatever he wants without any effective checks or balances whatsoever. And even if he chooses not to do so, the precedent will have been set... any other future President could then abuse his or her powers to the same extent... or worse.

We're not to that point yet, but we're fast coming to the abyss. For now, though, I still have faith in better Angels of nature prevailing.

I'll agree with you if this current state of affairs continues to persist. If the Administration cannot produce evidence to somehow justify the actions undertaken by the President.... and if the Republican Senators blindly overlook that fact and vote against removing him, then we have effectively become a dictatorship. The way is then open for the President to do whatever he wants without any effective checks or balances whatsoever. And even if he chooses not to do so, the precedent will have been set... any other future President could then abuse his or her powers to the same extent... or worse.

We're not to that point yet, but we're fast coming to the abyss. For now, though, I still have faith in better Angels of nature prevailing.

The problem is simple: the Republican Party view the Democrats as being illegitimate and unable to represent the American people.

Nobody has called for an investigation of anyone "just because they happen to be political rivals"...except Dems and Trump haters.

Back
Top Bottom