• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First woman in the Air Force to lead a B-52 squadron

Your dad would have been retired for decades before I ever got in.

When your dad would have served he probably would have said something along the lines of "Those (N-word slur) don't belong in units with good white men". He would have been just as wrong as you are about women in the military.

Why would you suggest my dad would ever use racist language?

And you never served in the military so get off your high horse and stop being so arrogant.

And you never served in the military so get off your high horse and stop being so arrogant.
This line of posting is not something that's going to end well for you.

I've challenged him to prove he ever served in the military before and he wimped out. So I'm not worried.

He served. He doesn't have to prove it to someone who didn't.
Can you (or he) prove that he served? If someone makes an extraordinary claim then they are obligated to prove the basis of that claim.

Especially someone of @Questerr s ilk who uses that claim as a club against me (for no good reason).

Can you (or he) prove that he served? If someone makes an extraordinary claim then they are obligated to prove the basis of that claim.

Especially someone of @Questerr s ilk who uses that claim as a club against me (for no good reason).
Anyone who served and has read many of his posts know he served. Theres a shared background and history between service members, where its pretty easy to figure out who served..

He is under no obligation to prove it to someone who never served, but still feels the need to make incredibly misinformed posts about the military.

Anyone who served and has read many of his posts know he served. Theres a shared background and history between service members, where its pretty easy to figure out who served..

In other words, you don't know either.

In other words, you don't know either.
I already told you, I know he served. I'm sorry you're having reading comprehension issues.

I've alreasy spent far to much time with your posts than they deserve. Have a nice night.

I served for 8 years. Signals intelligence in the US Army, both at the tactical and strategic level.

Given how old your dad would have to be and given you live in the South, it’s not a stretch.

I served for 8 years. Signals intelligence in the US Army, both at the tactical and strategic level.

Given how old your dad would have to be and given you live in the South, it’s not a stretch.
You think most southerners are racist? Nice stereotyping on your part.

And my dad was born in 1928, died in 2017.

You think most southerners are racist? Nice stereotyping on your part.

And my dad was born in 1928, died in 2017.

So then yes. Given his age and the time frame he grew up, it’s not unreasonable to assume that your Southern conservative white Christian dad was racist. The majority of them were.

So then yes. Given his age and the time frame he grew up, it’s not unreasonable to assume that your Southern conservative white Christian dad was racist. The majority of them were.
You have any actual evidence to support that claim?

Of course you don't.

You have any actual evidence to support that claim?

Of course you don't.

Going based off predominant culture.

If the majority of southern conservative white Christian men weren’t racist, why did the South fight so hard against equal rights for non-whites?

Would you be offended if someone misrepresented one of your parents as a racist? If someone insinuated that my father used racist language, I would certainly speak up.

Would you be offended if someone misrepresented one of your parents as a racist? If someone insinuated that my father used racist language, I would certainly speak up.
Many peoples' parents were racist and used racist language. Many people who served in the military along with my father and uncle, back in the '50s and '60s were racists, who used racist language. It is what it is. Pointing that out does not mean someone didn't serve in the military.

Many peoples' parents were racist and used racist language. Many people who served in the military along with my father and uncle, back in the '50s and '60s were racists, who used racist language. It is what it is. Pointing that out does not mean someone didn't serve in the military.
And I never claimed that it did. I have spoken only to what was said in Post #50: "When your dad would have served he probably would have said something along the lines of "Those (N-word slur) don't belong in units with good white men". He would have been just as wrong as you are about women in the military."

The "your dad" makes it personal, too personal. This is vile speculation, and I would be deeply offended if someone insinuated that my father was "probably" a racist.

My father (1927-1985), after he left the Mayo Clinic and from the moment he began his own medical practice in the late '50's, had an integrated waiting room. I didn't notice this; I thought this was how things were. I just assumed that having marvelously fascinating people from all over the world in our home, people of different cultures and colors and religions, was the norm. I never heard the n-word until I went to college. I remain shocked and appalled.

My father was born just over the Texas border in a tiny Louisiana town that no longer exists. Apply all the stereotypes you please to a deep East Texas country boy who chopped cotton every summer and who also played the piano, still regarded as a little "sissy" even today and certainly back in ye olden days. You will still be wrong to assume that "many" means that my father--or any other DP member's father--was "probably" a racist.

And I never claimed that it did. I have spoken only to what was said in Post #50: "When your dad would have served he probably would have said something along the lines of "Those (N-word slur) don't belong in units with good white men". He would have been just as wrong as you are about women in the military."

The "your dad" makes it personal, too personal. This is vile speculation, and I would be deeply offended if someone insinuated that my father was "probably" a racist.

My father (1927-1985), after he left the Mayo Clinic and from the moment he began his own medical practice in the late '50's, had an integrated waiting room. I didn't notice this; I thought this was how things were. I just assumed that having marvelously fascinating people from all over the world in our home, people of different cultures and colors and religions, was the norm. I never heard the n-word until I went to college. I remain shocked and appalled.

My father was born just over the Texas border in a tiny Louisiana town that no longer exists. Apply all the stereotypes you please to a deep East Texas country boy who chopped cotton every summer and who also played the piano, still regarded as a little "sissy" even today and certainly back in ye olden days. You will still be wrong to assume that "many" means that my father--or any other DP member's father--was "probably" a racist.
And none of this has anything to do whether @Questerr served or not.

And none of this has anything to do whether @Questerr served or not.
And I did not say that it did. Again, I was responding to another issue brought up by #50, and I have clearly stated this. TWICE now.

Going based off predominant culture.

If the majority of southern conservative white Christian men weren’t racist, why did the South fight so hard against equal rights for non-whites?
You realize I would hope that it was "white Christian men" who largely allowed and protected black students during the desegregation of southern public schools. Beginning in Charleston, AR.

You realize I would hope that it was "white Christian men" who largely allowed and protected black students during the desegregation of southern public schools. Beginning in Charleston, AR.

A tiny minority of them. The majority fought tooth and nail against any elimination of white supremacist power in the South.

A tiny minority of them. The majority fought tooth and nail against any elimination of white supremacist power in the South.

If the majority had fought tooth and nail as you claim, the schools would never have been desegregated in the south no matter how many federal troops Eisenhower sent to the south.

Given my state's history, I've researched the degradation crisis forward and back and I can say unequivocally that a majority of the adult whites in my state did not oppose desegregation. The 1957 Crisis was driven by issues other than a simple matter of white racism.

Back
Top Bottom