• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Texas bus drops off migrants blocks from US Capitol in Washington, DC

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

A bus from Texas arrived in Washington, D.C. Wednesday morning, transporting dozens of illegal immigrants as part of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s new plan to counter federal immigration policies during an ongoing border crisis.

Abbott announced last week that he was directing the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) to transport migrants released from federal custody in Texas to the nation’s capital and other locations outside his state.

As a resident of TX, thank you Governor Abbott for making the border issue a national one

As a resident of TX, thank you Governor Abbott for making the border issue a national one

They’ll all be working in 30 days, if not sooner.

It’s a buyer’s market, and there is no shortage of jobs for concrete finishers, framing guys, paving crews, and a whole host of other jobs in the area.

It’s a buyer’s market, and there is no shortage of jobs for concrete finishers, framing guys, paving crews, and a whole host of other jobs in the area.
Great, that booming Biden economy on display

I am not surprised you are applauding a government funded free trip to DC for migrants that volunteered for a publicity stunt. Great idea, that will surely stop other migrants to the south of us who have family in the DC area and now know crossing the border also includes a free trip to visit them.

If I were a Trumpist, I'd consider it hilarious if blue cities exported homeless people to red areas in red states in retaliation. If I were like a Trumpist, I'd even call for it. But I'm not one, so I recognize that they may have any number of support networks right where they are (mental health treatment, drug addiction, a rotating cast of shelters housing them).

However, I am talking to a Trumpist, so the person I am talking to is necessarily gleeful about GOP scumbaggery.

I am not surprised you are applauding a government funded free trip to DC for migrants that volunteered for a publicity stunt. Great idea, that will surely stop other migrants to the south of us who have family in the DC area and now know crossing the border also includes a free trip to visit them.
Right I am applauding an action that is caused by the incompetence of President Biden in doing his job on the border. Doesn't seem to bother you that unvaccinated illegals are crossing the border infecting Americans. Living in that bubble of yours ignores the reality of what is happening here in my state

“We are sending them to the United States capital, where the Biden administration will be able to more immediately address the needs of the people that they are allowing to come across our border,” the Republican governor added.

Paging Joe!!!! Oh Joe, come out, come out wherever you are.... :giggle:

If I were a Trumpist, I'd consider it hilarious if blue cities exported homeless people to red areas in red states in retaliation. If I were like a Trumpist, I'd even call for it. But I'm not one, so I recognize that they may have any number of support networks right where they are (mental health treatment, drug addiction, a rotating cast of shelters housing them).

However, I am talking to a Trumpist, so the person I am talking to is necessarily gleeful about GOP scumbaggery.
Blue cities seem to have a corner on the homeless situation as California and NY also lead the nation in that category as well but don't let facts get in the way of your partisan BS

This is actually good news. The hotels and restaurants in DC are very short on staff. Americans don't want to be dishwashers or scrub the toilets in the hotels. These people can all find work that pays better than anything they could have earned in their countries. Glad to have them in DC and hope more come to the other cities feeling the same pinch.

Great, that booming Biden economy on display
Workers are assets, it's funny how people who claim that they love economic freedom and understand how the economy works more than everyone else views them as liabilities.

??? You've opposed Biden's a government funded free trips across the entire country for hundreds of thousands?

Right I am applauding an action that is caused by the incompetence of President Biden in doing his job on the border. Doesn't seem to bother you that unvaccinated illegals are crossing the border infecting Americans. Living in that bubble of yours ignores the reality of what is happening here in my state

You are paying to give more incentive for people to come here illegally. Sounds like you are the one that isn't bothered!

“We are sending them to the United States capital, where the Biden administration will be able to more immediately address the needs of the people that they are allowing to come across our border,” the Republican governor added.

Paging Joe!!!! Oh Joe, come out, come out wherever you are.... :giggle:

Is anyone surprised to find this .... comment maker.... cheering on the stupid ugly?

??? You've opposed Biden's a government funded free trips across the entire country for hundreds of thousands?

Biden? Are you another one that doesn't understand the federal government has always had control of immigration and that's been the procedure for decades - even under Trump?

LOL he brings up Trump again. Does he live under your bed or something?

Governor Abbott appears to be a man of his word. Good on him for that.
Hopefully this will have some sort of impact on the present Biden, more so the open border radicals in his administration - as he's control nor leading anything, but I remain skeptical that it will, so ensconced are those open border radicals in the administration.

I'm pretty sure that controlling who lives and works in Republican-governed areas is one of their main strategies and has been since Western Europeans 'found' the land that became America. Republicans want to play "God." They probably send homeless people out of "their towns" and might even drop them off in "Democrat cities."

I think this is a good conservative idea. It's similar to liberal sanctuary cities. Federal government, do your job.

Funny how some forget how things work. Congress needs to address the immigration issue.

Workers are assets, it's funny how people who claim that they love economic freedom and understand how the economy works more than everyone else views them as liabilities.
Also the rule of law is in effect in civilized countries, violation of the law exists regardless of political party.

Biden? Are you another one that doesn't understand the federal government has always had control of immigration and that's been the procedure for decades - even under Trump?
I understand it quite well. Now would you like to answer my question or are you going to deflect again? You've opposed Biden's a government funded free trips across the entire country for hundreds of thousands?

LOL he brings up Trump again. Does he live under your bed or something?

🙃 It's so odd that someone on DP would mention T****, the Troll Party's lead troll.

Blue cities seem to have a corner on the homeless situation as California and NY also lead the nation in that category as well but don't let facts get in the way of your partisan BS

Ironically, DC has the highest amount of homelessness.

Do you think people crossing the Rio Grande illegally are vaccinated and being screened for covid?

Back
Top Bottom