• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Rudy and now Alan Dershowitz

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'm watching fox to see how they are covering the stone story. Dershowitz is demonizing Mueller for his heavy handed tactics and throwing out 'reasons' why they don't affect the president.

Stone has said he would never testify against trump....and cohen would take a bullet for trump. We shall see.

I'm watching fox to see how they are covering the stone story. Dershowitz is demonizing Mueller for his heavy handed tactics and throwing out 'reasons' why they don't affect the president.

Stone has said he would never testify against trump....and cohen would take a bullet for trump. We shall see.

I bet Derzo****z is going down too!

Well, having a SWAT team show up at your house at 5am because you gave inaccurate statements to congress is a whole lot on the heavy handed side.

Well, having a SWAT team show up at your house at 5am because you gave inaccurate statements to congress is a whole lot on the heavy handed side.

And you know that's all it's about how?

Rudy is a senile old lunatic. I lived in NYC during his tenure as mayor, and aside from his excellent handling of things after 9/11, he was seen as corrupt. The cronyism in his administration was rampant, and he didn't even try to hide it. And don't even get me started on things like his penchant for cross dressing, and the scandal of moving his mistress into Gracie Mansion. He has never been an honorable man.

Dershowitz used to be a smart man, worth listening to, but it seems he was not immune to Trump's con artistry. Sad to see that, really.

And you know that's all it's about how?

Well, there was this indictment that was released incidental to taking Stone into custody. The charges were lined out in that indictment.

Rumor is Dershowitz was part of Epstein's sex trafficking of minors, ring...having visited there himself for a "massage". Dershowitz defended Epstein, somehow they all got immunity.
The federal attorney who granted them immunity, is Trump's labor secretary.

Could go towards explaining why Dershowitz has become a nutter.

Rumor is Dershowitz was part of Epstein's sex trafficking of minors, ring...having visited there himself for a "massage". Dershowitz defended Epstein, somehow they all got immunity.

Excellent point.

I would really wait to see some solid evidence before suggesting Dershowitz (or anyone for that matter) is a child predator or complicit in child predation, Mach. While what has been rumor in the past has certainly proved to be true in many cases (see: Kevin Spacey), I do not think it is healthy for our political discourse to just dump the most scurrilous rumors about someone as a means of discrediting them, rather than tackling the arguments that they make.

That is Mueller's trademark. And that is what makes federal justice so dangerous to freedom. Normally, a person like him would be told to present himself with his lawyer. I suspect Mueller is in a hurry to beat the Barr swearing in for AG and tell Mueller to quit wandering around through DC's players and wrap it up.

I'm sure Stone is more dangerous to America than any money laundering foundation selling our uranium to Russia ever was.

:roll:
Yeah, that must be it...

Seems to me that you're the only one who is doing the :spin:

I would really wait to see some solid evidence before suggesting Dershowitz (or anyone for that matter) is a child predator or complicit in child predation, Mach. While what has been rumor in the past has certainly proved to be true in many cases (see: Kevin Spacey), I do not think it is healthy for our political discourse to just dump the most scurrilous rumors about someone as a means of discrediting them, rather than tackling the arguments that they make.

That you haven't read up on it, is not really my issue Felis, that's yours. If you're asking me to give you information on it, I think you can search for it.
The Epstein case is quite real. Sex trafficking of minors, this would have put a number of people away for life. They used massage a cover. Dershowitz admitted to having gotten a massage from one of Epstein's places...but he claims it was a an old Russian woman. You can choose to believe that, I don't. You are believing it based on the alleged perpetrator, I believe he's lying based on the rest of the case.

Trump's labor secretary in his former position, for reasons unknown, gave Epstein and any co-conspirators complete immunity (Epstein got a slap on the wrist). Looks to have been hammered by Epstein's team, intimidated into cutting a deal the likes of which we've never seen.

Now, how do you explain all that? Hundreds of girls Felis. I'd really like to hear about it how Epstein got immunity, on a case of child sex trafficking that was *exploding*. They were finding people connected to it all over, it was expanding..and suddenly, all shut down. Wait, *all accomplices* also got immunity? How's that happen Felis..why so broad to cover all accomplices, as the investigation was still ongoing? Alex Acosta never should have been a U.S. attorney, that was thanks to weak appointments by the Bush administration. Bad actions have far-reaching consequences downstream don't they.

That same year, 2011, more girls continued to come forward, including Roberts, who claimed in a British tabloid story that Epstein directed her — while she was underage by Florida standards — to have sex, not only with him, but with other powerful men, including his attorney, Alan Dershowitz, and Prince Andrew. Dershowitz and Andrew denied her claims, but after she filed a sworn affidavit in federal court in Miami, the ensuing news media firestorm forced Acosta, then dean of the law school at Florida International University, to explain why he’d declined to prosecute Epstein.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article214210674.html

That is Mueller's trademark. And that is what makes federal justice so dangerous to freedom. Normally, a person like him would be told to present himself with his lawyer. I suspect Mueller is in a hurry to beat the Barr swearing in for AG and tell Mueller to quit wandering around through DC's players and wrap it up.

I'm sure Stone is more dangerous to America than any money laundering foundation selling our uranium to Russia ever was.

He's an ass.
What ever happened to the days when a person was informed by letter that they've been indicted and to show up at a certain time in court?

That you haven't read up on it, is not really my issue Felis, that's yours. If you're asking me to give you information on it, I think you can search for it.
The Epstein case is quite real. Sex trafficking of minors, this would have put a number of people away for life. They used massage a cover. Dershowitz admitted to having gotten a massage from one of Epstein's places...but he claims it was a an old Russian woman. You can choose to believe that, I don't. You are believing it based on the alleged perpetrator, I believe he's lying based on the rest of the case.

Trump's labor secretary in his former position, for reasons unknown, gave Epstein and any co-conspirators complete immunity (Epstein got a slap on the wrist). Looks to have been hammered by Epstein's team, intimidated into cutting a deal the likes of which we've never seen.

Now, how do you explain all that? Hundreds of girls Felis. I'd really like to hear about it how Epstein got immunity, on a case of child sex trafficking that was *exploding*. They were finding people connected to it all over, it was expanding..and suddenly, all shut down. Wait, *all accomplices* also got immunity? How's that happen Felis..why so broad to cover all accomplices, as the investigation was still ongoing? Alex Acosta never should have been a U.S. attorney, that was thanks to weak appointments by the Bush administration. Bad actions have far-reaching consequences downstream don't they.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article214210674.html

I kind of agree with you both. Much smoke, much reason to be suspicious, but short of being able to absolutely claim with real certainty. Definitely there's something afoul tho.

He's an ass.
What ever happened to the days when a person was informed by letter that they've been indicted and to show up at a certain time in court?

When they are likely to destroy evidence, like stone is, you get the SWAT team. Sorry that bothers you, that he wasn't given time to destroy evidence.:roll:

I kind of agree with you both. Much smoke, much reason to be suspicious, but short of being able to absolutely claim with real certainty. Definitely there's something afoul tho.

Of course, the investigation was shut down and they have immunity. How can we get to the certainty? We can't now, they intentionally saw to that. They are good. Epstein could afford to hire the best in the world, literally helping the prosecutors shape his own defense. It's unheard of (happens but rare...in a case this explosive...even more rare).

If someone goes to those lengths to shut down such a horrible criminal ring, I do not now and never will give them the benefit of the doubt. They made a choice, and they get to live with it. That other people want to give them the benefit of the doubt, that's their choice.

He's an ass.

He can also claim to be a "Journalist", and be protected.

Personally, Mueller might as well indict an actual ham sandwich.

When they are likely to destroy evidence, like stone is, you get the SWAT team. Sorry that bothers you, that he wasn't given time to destroy evidence.:roll:

You might want to check what he was indicted for before making such a bold, inaccurate statement.

You might want to check what he was indicted for before making such a bold, inaccurate statement.

You know Stone's next book is going to be about Mueller and the FBI. It's probably worth the 30 days in jail, and it's probably has a lot to do with why he was arrested in such a way.

Seriously, a 60 something conspiracy writer with an unbalanced gyro getting the storm trooper treatment. This is Soviet level heavy handedness and says more about the "new" FBI than anything Stone did.

The tactic is an overt POLITICAL statement and that's what makes it so dangerous. The objective was to create a certain spectacle and that's not supposed to be what "justice" is all about. The fact that a CNN crew was there to film it all makes me wonder if there wasn't a bit of "collusion" on that end of things as well.

I found that rather troubling. A dozen FBI agents with guns drawn.....man you would expect something like that when apprehending someone like el Chapo but Stone? Really?

Greta Van Susteren
‏@greta
4h4 hours ago
More
CNN cameras were at the raid of Roger Stone...so FBI obviously tipped off CNN...even if you don’t like Stone, it is curious why Mueller’s office tipped off CNN instead of trying to quietly arrest Stone;quiet arrests are more likely to be safe to the FBI and the person arrested

https://twitter.com/greta/status/1088769013344337920

I found that rather troubling. A dozen FBI agents with guns drawn.....man you would expect something like that when apprehending someone like el Chapo but Stone? Really?

And they tipped off the press to film them.
Do they think they are Elliot Ness and the Untouchables?

You might wanna not forget he's already tried to tamper with witnessses. I know it's such a bummer seeing your whole presidency crumble?:2rofll:

Back
Top Bottom