• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First rig sails away over drilling ban

But that is no longer the name of the company. If people are going to rail against a company, they can at least get the name of the company correct.

Good grief, amazingly you guys were able to figure out who I was talking about.

I apologize to whomever I may have offended with my egregious error. I have shamed my family for generations to come. :lol:

But that is no longer the name of the company. If people are going to rail against a company, they can at least get the name of the company correct.

Call them kingdom come I don't give a crap, they screwed my state up due to negligence. Change of a name means not a damn ****ing thing except to a liberal that has nothing to grab onto except this extremely weak string. This is flat out pathetic. This is literally like getting mad at Toyota for making a ****ty car and then coming on here and saying they aren't Toyota anymore, they are Toyota industries, inc, so at least get it right. C'mon man.

Are you being fa' real or you just ****t'n us?

Last edited:
Call them kingdom come I don't give a crap, they screwed my state up due to negligence. Change of a name means not a damn ****ing thing except to a liberal that has nothing to grab onto except this extremely weak string.

Their name was changed long before the rig blowout.

This is flat out pathetic. This is literally like getting mad at Toyota for making a ****ty car and then coming on here and saying they aren't Toyota anymore, they are Toyota industries, inc, so at least get it right. C'mon man.

Are you being fa' real or you just ****t'n us?

If you view getting the information correct as "pathetic" then so be it. "British Petroleum" has not existed for almost a decade, so it is hardly similiar to the Toyota example you describe.

Their name was changed long before the rig blowout.

If you view getting the information correct as "pathetic" then so be it. "British Petroleum" has not existed for almost a decade, so it is hardly similiar to the Toyota example you describe.

How many years did BP stand for British Petroleum? Since 1954. How many years has it not? Since 1998. Yea, that's what I thought. It's a play on words. Who the **** cares? Get a life.

To even debate this means AP and I have won this debate hands down.

Last edited:
How many years did BP stand for British Petroleum? Since 1954. How many years has it not? Since 1998. Yea, that's what I thought. It's a play on words. Who the **** cares? Get a life.

I will tell you "who cares", the people wanting to file suit against the company, the people looking for checks from the company etc. If I was a fisherman who wanted to sue BP for damages and walked down to the court house to file my suit against "British Petroleum", it would simply be thrown out because there is no such company.

Words matter.

To even debate this means AP and I have won this debate hands down.

Since I have argued all along in favor of your and AP's position, I fail to see how this statement matters to me.

I will tell you "who cares", the people wanting to file suit against the company, the people looking for checks from the company etc. If I was a fisherman who wanted to sue BP for damages and walked down to the court house to file my suit against "British Petroleum", it would simply be thrown out because there is no such company.

To use your words, since I have no plan on suing BP, I fail to see how this statement matters to me.

To use your words, since I have no plan on suing BP, I fail to see how this statement matters to me.

I just don't get the aversion to calling something by its proper name. That is just the way I feel about it.

It's proper name is BP. The thread is not even about BP, it's about jobs lost due to rigs leaving the Gulf.

But that's LONG been forgotten because of thread derailments like yours.

Back
Top Bottom