• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Quarter GDP Revised Down To 1.8%

There's no private market participation for a very good reason Kush.

There are Consequences to electing a Jr Senator with a radical ideology and little to no experience who's jobs initiatives consisted of building a manufacturing base for a product that there was little demand for.

And with little forethought given to the Chineses ability to undercut our cost.

That plus a horrible law that mandates arbitrary and rising cost for hundreds of Millions of Americans.

You did not respond to anything i stated. Why?

These are all good questions for him to answer. Considering all you did was ask questions but not answer anything, perhaps I shall ask some of you as well.

What was your feeling in terms of previous quarters adjusting to higher rates? What's your opinion of this one? Did you give the credit to congress for those previous quarters or the executive branch? Who do you give the blame to in this instance?

The growth number that comes out initially is always an estimate. And previous quarters adjusting to higher rates isn't something I'd bat an eye at. Furthermore, the economy is picking up so slight adjustments would be expected. As for who gets credit, it's no one in Washington. Congress is frankly a mess and their inability to get their act together is a drag upon the economy. Business can't plan as they do not know what the rules will be. Both sides aren't interested in growing the economy more than their desire to ding each other. The GOP at this point seems still intent upon damaging the economy to diminish Obama even when to those who have brains and understand the structure of the US Government, the President has relatively little impact upon economy. Again, the Executive branch writes no laws and spends no money. Growth could be higher if Congress simply stopped acting like petulant children.

To me, the rather piss poor numbers...both positive and negative...for some time is a sign that part of this is simply a cyclical thing that no amount of legislation is truly going to "Fix" on it's own, part of it is the uncertanity created with a very terse and split government, and part of it is an inability to do anything legislatively in the past few years to do anything to truly make a significant stimulating impact over a moderate to long period of time.

I'd agree with that.

I just find it ridiculous how partisan hackjobs cannot spend a single second being even remotely consistent. Adjustments down are fine, but they're all lies when they're up? Kind of a reason why I took a 6 week break from here. The non-thinking zombies were annoying me.

I also noticed that Bronson, as expected, ran away from answering these relatively simple questions.

Well, credit easing cannot create jobs when
banks continue to hold off on lending:

fredgraph.png

There are more creative ways to stimulate lending. They can begin purchasing prime commercial loans. When the fiscal side does not want to react, the Fed must.

The banks will LEND when it is profitable and safe for them to do so.

The Dodd Frank Bill plus the Feds massive pumping PLUS the election of a incompetent empty suite has produced a perfect storm so to speak.

To think there is going to be enough private sector growth to offset the coming interest rates hikes under this Administration is desperate wishful thinkng.

The dollars sinking....again.

Cant say we didn't warn you folks.

The banks will LEND when it is profitable and safe for them to do so.

Bull****! They lent when it was completely unprofitable and unsafe throughout 2006, 2007.

The Dodd Frank Bill plus the Feds massive pumping PLUS the election of a incompetent empty suite has produced a perfect storm so to speak.

Your opinion has been noted for some time now.

To think there is going to be enough private sector growth to offset the coming interest rates hikes under this Administration is desperate wishful thinkng.

What does this even mean? The only way interest rates will be allowed to rise is if economic growth can accommodate such policy. If rates are increased and the economy is still too weak, interest rates will fall naturally. The question is... how?

How does this occur?

The dollars sinking....again.

Sure

dyx 8-13-2013.JPG

Cant say we didn't warn you folks.

We've been hearing this since 2010. Give it a rest already.

Also; in the future please respond to my statements individually. Otherwise i have to decipher which portion of your response is in reference to my previous comment. In doing so, you will reduce miscommunication.

Back
Top Bottom