• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First On Nancy Pelosi’s Agenda: Attacking Free Expression

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Pelosi seeks the power to decide t WHOM to allocate FEDERAL 6-1 MATCH DOLLARS, for "gress roots campaigning". Gee, I wonder who she'd be choosing , if this DOG was ever allowed to make it through the Senate?

#shadesofIRStargeting

One of Nancy Pelosi’s first projects as new speaker of the House will be passing a government overhaul of campaign-finance and ethics rules that will, among other things, “expand voting rights.” One of the new bills — specifics are still cloudy — reportedly allocates a pool of taxpayer money to match small-dollar donations 6-to-1, as a way of encouraging “grass-roots campaigning,” according to The Wall Street Journal.

The package, fortunately, won’t pass the Senate. But government-financed campaigns — empowering the state to allocate money to preferred donors and dissuading non-preferred donors — has been something of a hobbyhorse in progressive circles. Setting aside the many constitutional concerns, the recent abuses by the Internal Revenue Service when tasked with regulating political speech demonstrate just how easy it is for bureaucrats to manipulate rules meant to govern speech. These are rules that shouldn’t exist, period. Some big cities have already begun handing out tax-funded “democracy vouchers.” In other words, politicians have passed legislation that subsidizes the speech of people who will, for the most part, support them. It’s quite the racket. Pelosi wants to take this corruption national.

First On Nancy Pelosi?s Agenda: Attacking Free Expression

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government subsidized "speech". Isn't that called "PROPAGANDA"?

I am not here to comment. I am here to bookmark another Grok fail thread.

Carry on.

Pelosi seeks the power to decide t WHOM to allocate FEDERAL 6-1 MATCH DOLLARS, for "gress roots campaigning". Gee, I wonder who she'd be choosing , if this DOG was ever allowed to make it through the Senate?

#shadesofIRStargeting

One of Nancy Pelosi’s first projects as new speaker of the House will be passing a government overhaul of campaign-finance and ethics rules that will, among other things, “expand voting rights.” One of the new bills — specifics are still cloudy — reportedly allocates a pool of taxpayer money to match small-dollar donations 6-to-1, as a way of encouraging “grass-roots campaigning,” according to The Wall Street Journal.

The package, fortunately, won’t pass the Senate. But government-financed campaigns — empowering the state to allocate money to preferred donors and dissuading non-preferred donors — has been something of a hobbyhorse in progressive circles. Setting aside the many constitutional concerns, the recent abuses by the Internal Revenue Service when tasked with regulating political speech demonstrate just how easy it is for bureaucrats to manipulate rules meant to govern speech. These are rules that shouldn’t exist, period. Some big cities have already begun handing out tax-funded “democracy vouchers.” In other words, politicians have passed legislation that subsidizes the speech of people who will, for the most part, support them. It’s quite the racket. Pelosi wants to take this corruption national.

First On Nancy Pelosi?s Agenda: Attacking Free Expression

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government subsidized "speech". Isn't that called "PROPAGANDA"?

Because the people funding candidates serves the people so much less well than big corporations buying politicians how?

I am not here to comment. I am here to bookmark another Grok fail thread.

Carry on.

Well with grok, it's pretty much all fail, he's really on a streak. I think his adult diapers are getting soiled over much on the wall, and the fact it's never going to happen.:roll::cool:

More schlock from Grok.

Hey Grok, tell your Russian handlers to give you better stuff.

GROK FAIL

More schlock from Grok.

Hey Grok, tell your Russian handlers to give you better stuff.

GROK FAIL

More compelling perspective, per usual.

Well with grok, it's pretty much all fail, he's really on a streak. I think his adult diapers are getting soiled over much on the wall, and the fact it's never going to happen.:roll::cool:

It's easy to tell when the DP left is incapable of addressing the points of a thread...per usual.

LAMEASS..defined.

YAAAWWWNNNN....another "RUN and HIDE Circle Jerk" carousel from the DP Lame Left.....

Back
Top Bottom