• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Man: Review.

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
As some might recall, I refused to see it in the theaters, out of conscious objection to certain political motivations ascribed by the director and some cast members. I did however still desire to see the movie as a fan of history, space movies (The Right Stuff) I wanted too. So I got in on Amazon, and watched it today.

The special effects, are quite good. I really enjoyed that feel they gave the film, and it was a joy to watch.

I understand the Movie is about Armstrong and what made him tick. I think it followed him a little too much, maybe I am biased as the ensemble approach The Right Stuff took was more to my liking. That being said, it was a great insight into a man who did the unthinkable, the incredible. I was fine, knowing Space History like I do, and didn't lose it during the first two major tragic moments of the film, but the last 5 min I was bawling. That really hit me.

I will watch this again, sometime. Maybe do a marathon, Right Stuff then First man.

Overall, a good flick.

Back
Top Bottom