• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First look at explosive Hillary documentary, ‘Clinton Cash’

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In the new documentary “Clinton Cash,” it becomes all too clear how the former First Couple went from rags to filthy rich — with the emphasis on filthy.
For example, a Nigerian newspaper publisher tied to the ruling People’s Democratic Party — which is anything but democratic — paid Bill a whopping $1.4 million to deliver two speeches in 2011 and 2012. The Clintons closed their eyes to the human-rights abuses by Nigeria’s brutal president, Goodluck Jonathan, as they collected their checks.

Secretary Clinton even made an official visit to Nigeria in 2012, congratulating Jonathan on his nonexistent “reform efforts.” It was American legitimacy bestowed at a bargain price. And just the opposite of what Human Rights Watch had implored her to do.

Here’s another example of the pair’s lucrative shenanigans. TD Bank never engaged Bill Clinton to speak during his first eight years out of the White House. But in 2009, four days after Hillary was nominated secretary of state, Bill made the first of a string of speeches for which TD paid almost $2 million. An astounding amount.

And guess what. TD Bank was the single largest shareholder in the Keystone XL pipeline, which required State Department approval. Lo and behold, Hillary Clinton decided to support the pipeline — a heresy to environmentalists — and delayed the Obama administration’s rejection of it.

Just look at the McDonnells. Their lawyers argue that they are innocent because they merely opened doors. They never expressly said, “Pay me, and I’ll do what you want.”
The McDonnells appealed to the US Supreme Court, where their conviction may be overturned. Chief Justice John Roberts has suggested that politicians shouldn’t be convicted of corruption unless there’s proof of a quid pro quo.

First look at explosive Hillary documentary, ‘Clinton Cash’ | New York Post

Is that kind of thing considered a personal attack?

Last edited:
The seamy underbelly of USA politics. Put them all in jail.

He came from the West and journeyed in regal splendor to the land of the Rising Sun, a tall stranger with a macho haircut, and his wife by his side. For his Japanese hosts, he evoked the rawboned cowboy heroes from Hollywood's past. He gave a few speeches. He dined well. He was interviewed on Japanese TV. And, after eight days, Ronald Reagan returned to his California ranch with an estimated $2 million that he didn't have before. ...
Eight Days in Japan Earn Ron and Nancy $2 Million—Now That's Reaganomics : People.com

... Bush’s standard speaking fee is reportedly between $100,000 and $150,000.
David Sherzer, a spokesman for the former president, said that since Bush left office he has delivered nearly 140 paid talks, at home and abroad. Those speeches have earned Bush about $15 million, following in the golden path blazed by his predecessor, Bill Clinton. ...
George W. Bush'''s $15 Million Speech Payday - The Daily Beast

those damned money grubbing democrats

those damned money grubbing democrats

Moderator's Warning:
No one, as of yet (prior to you), said word one about "democrats". I suggest people ignore this attempted threadjacking post and focus on the topic. In the future, I'd suggest if anyone is going to not respond in any fashion to the actual topic at hand, or tie their post clearly to the *BN* article being talked about, that they simply not post a response to a *BN* piece.

That said, this is more of a review at best, and a commentary piece about the information in the movie at worst, and as such doesn't belong in *BN*. Moving

here is the lead sentence in the OP:
In the new documentary “Clinton Cash,” it becomes all too clear how the former First Couple went from rags to filthy rich — with the emphasis on filthy.

to which i responded showing how two non-democrat former presidents also earned millions thru similar speaking engagements
would someone please explain for me how i was off-topic

here is the lead sentence in the OP:

to which i responded showing how two non-democrat former presidents also earned millions thru similar speaking engagements
would someone please explain for me how i was off-topic

Not a partisan topic and was made partisan.
I don't know that that makes it off topic. However, the approach of "its ok that these guys did really bad things because guy X did really bad things" tends to perpetuate deplorable action instead of curbing it.
At some point, you have to just say "this is wrong and enough is enough" instead of excusing a favorite ex politician, family, or candidate.

Writing these kinds of articles, books, and movies are all good and well but tend to serve more as "entertainment" than red flags that will move Americans to action.
My two Abrahams, only.

Moderator's Warning:
Folks, moderation isn't the topic. Last warning on this. If you see someone trying to steer it away from the topic at hand, please just ignore it

Back
Top Bottom