• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Lady Wants People to Drink More Plain Water.....

why is this controversial?

Heya Doc. :2wave: Well the only Controversy is with the.....

th

Bout it.....so far most are against bottled water and prefer tap. Some get Ionized water. Or use a reverse osmosis for alkaline water. Then we have those that use filtrations systems and some that just go with straight up Well water. So far Bottled water is a major problem.

bottled_water_infographic.jpg

Course they do say when in Mexico.....Don't Drink The Water. :2razz:

The point is that I learned this in elementary school.

She is not saying anything people don't already know, so she is wasting her time and effort in saying this.

She could make a difference, but she isn't.

You're just angry because a black woman is suggesting drinking more water.
Screw free speech.

Good afternoon, cAPSLOCK!

We have had a Big Berkey water filtration system for a few years. It sits in the kitchen, and you just pour tap water into it, and in a little while, pure clean water, with 99 percent of bacteria and other stuff removed, is ready to drink. It really makes a difference in how coffee tastes!

I keep an empty pitcher in the bathroom, and catch the cold water that would normally go down the drain while I'm waiting for hot water for washing up. It goes into the Berkey, too. Doing my part to conserve water, which I read may take the place of oil as a reason for war in the future. Too many people, and too many polluted water sources worldwide. I don't know if it's true, but I heard that China is already buying Lake Superior water by the shipload. :shock:

:shock:

Bottled-Water-Plant.jpg

:2razz:....:lol:

If tap water has more stringent standards than bottled water... and bottled water comes from tap water... doesn't that mean that bottled water is at least as good and/or safe as tap water?

20110628tu-bottled-water-versus-vs-municipal-city-tap-water-review-comparison.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Michelle Obama has pushed Americans to eat healthier and to exercise more. Now she says we should "drink up" too. As in plain water. And more of it.

a3646913c8d9271e3d0f6a706700bcee.jpg

The first lady, who has spent several years highlighting the problem of childhood obesity, is getting behind a national campaign being announced Thursday to encourage people to drink more old-fashioned, calorie-free water. Whether it comes from a faucet, an underground spring, a rambling river or a plastic bottle, the message is: "Drink up."

She was joining the Partnership for a Healthier America as the nonpartisan, nonprofit group launches the effort from Watertown, Wis., with backing from a variety of sources, including the beverage industry, media, government and entertainers such as actress Eva Longoria. Mrs. Obama is the partnership's honorary chairwoman.

The first lady said she has realized since beginning the childhood obesity initiative in 2010 that drinking more water is the best thing people can do for their health.

"Drink just one more glass of water a day and you can make a real difference for your health, your energy and the way you feel. So 'drink up' and see for yourself," she said in a statement before the announcement.

Every bodily system depends on water, which makes up about 60 percent of a person's body weight, according to the Mayo Clinic. Water also is a calorie-free option for people concerned about weight control, is largely inexpensive and is available practically everywhere.

How much water a person should drink daily depends on various factors, including their health, activity level and where they live. Studies have produced varying recommendations over the years, and, in 2004, the Institute of Medicine decided against recommending a daily amount of water. The institute said the average person gets enough water every day from a mix of beverages, including caffeinated ones, and the water that exists in fruits and other foods.....snip~

Sheeeeeees' Baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Drink up the First Lady says. Okay water is healthy or suppose to be. Most know this. Course now the Extreme Right will be questioning what is being put into the Water. :shock: Could it be.....Colorless and Odorless Obama Kool-Aid?

You Will be Assimilated. :2razz:

EC_180207_ObamaBorg.jpg

borg_barack_obamas_redistributionist_government_bumper_sticker-r479851f1e0584a7cbd33b424dd3aa50e_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg
Obama'Water?

:shock:

Bottled-Water-Plant.jpg

:2razz:....:lol:

Wow! Now that's a water filtration system! I'd have to buy a much bigger house! :lamo: My Berkey is about 2/3 the size of the little container in the front of the picture, and it is stainless steel also. It has ceramic rods inside that capture all the undesirable stuff before the clean water drips down into the lower half of the container where the spigot is located. Works great!

wall of text and images aside, what are we supposed to be discussing?

Do you approve of people drinking more plain water? Do you disapprove?

wall of text and images aside, what are we supposed to be discussing?

Do you approve of people drinking more plain water? Do you disapprove?

Well, Right now people are talking about bottled, tap, well, filtered, Ionized, and Purified water. Problems with bottled water. Whats in it and just having fun playing in the water. ;)

th

Yeah I don't have a problem with people drinking water. As a matter of fact I have stated a couple times already in the thread. Water Heals.

You're just angry because a black woman is suggesting drinking more water.
Screw free speech.

You are so full of it.

Who cares what color her skin is?

She is wasting her time as First Lady.

You keep supporting her doing nothing just like her husband does.

Vote present. YAH

You are so full of it.

Who cares what color her skin is?

She is wasting her time as First Lady.

You keep supporting her doing nothing just like her husband does.

Vote present. YAH

Did you stop going to your anger management classes?

Did you stop going to your anger management classes?

You are the one callingme racist.

Did you stop going to your sensativity classes?

Wow! Now that's a water filtration system! I'd have to buy a much bigger house! :lamo: My Berkey is about 2/3 the size of the little container in the front of the picture, and it is stainless steel also. It has ceramic rods inside that capture all the undesirable stuff before the clean water drips down into the lower half of the container where the spigot is located. Works great!

I wouldn't mind seeing more people give up the Bottles. But what about Designer bottles made so that one can put tap water in them?

bottled-water-sales.gif

Here are 5 of the Cleanest and Dirtiest Water utilities in the Country. ;)

Bottled%20Water%20Infographic%2013.jpg

Good afternoon, humbolt. :2wave:

As always....:lamo :lamo
Hey, Pol. I'm a little late here now. The drinking part would be good, and there's always ablutions if that doesn't do the trick.

So how many republicans and conservatives will michelle's statement kill because they decide to spite her and give up water?

I wouldn't mind seeing more people give up the Bottles. But what about Designer bottles made so that one can put tap water in them?

Here are 5 of the Cleanest and Dirtiest Water utilities in the Country. ;)

I 'bottle' from home. I have 6 PCB free reusable bottles, 20-24oz each. Two go with me to work each day in a cooler bag with ice packs.

So how many republicans and conservatives will michelle's statement kill because they decide to spite her and give up water?

I believe this thread was attempting to discuss water, mainly bottled water, and not get into the political slashing. Keep that thought for another thread, 'k?

Back
Top Bottom