• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Lady Wants People to Drink More Plain Water.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Michelle Obama has pushed Americans to eat healthier and to exercise more. Now she says we should "drink up" too. As in plain water. And more of it.

a3646913c8d9271e3d0f6a706700bcee.jpg

The first lady, who has spent several years highlighting the problem of childhood obesity, is getting behind a national campaign being announced Thursday to encourage people to drink more old-fashioned, calorie-free water. Whether it comes from a faucet, an underground spring, a rambling river or a plastic bottle, the message is: "Drink up."

She was joining the Partnership for a Healthier America as the nonpartisan, nonprofit group launches the effort from Watertown, Wis., with backing from a variety of sources, including the beverage industry, media, government and entertainers such as actress Eva Longoria. Mrs. Obama is the partnership's honorary chairwoman.

The first lady said she has realized since beginning the childhood obesity initiative in 2010 that drinking more water is the best thing people can do for their health.

"Drink just one more glass of water a day and you can make a real difference for your health, your energy and the way you feel. So 'drink up' and see for yourself," she said in a statement before the announcement.

Every bodily system depends on water, which makes up about 60 percent of a person's body weight, according to the Mayo Clinic. Water also is a calorie-free option for people concerned about weight control, is largely inexpensive and is available practically everywhere.

How much water a person should drink daily depends on various factors, including their health, activity level and where they live. Studies have produced varying recommendations over the years, and, in 2004, the Institute of Medicine decided against recommending a daily amount of water. The institute said the average person gets enough water every day from a mix of beverages, including caffeinated ones, and the water that exists in fruits and other foods.....snip~

Sheeeeeees' Baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Drink up the First Lady says. Okay water is healthy or suppose to be. Most know this. Course now the Extreme Right will be questioning what is being put into the Water. :shock: Could it be.....Colorless and Odorless Obama Kool-Aid?

You Will be Assimilated. :2razz:

EC_180207_ObamaBorg.jpg

borg_barack_obamas_redistributionist_government_bumper_sticker-r479851f1e0584a7cbd33b424dd3aa50e_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

Sheeeeeees' Baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Drink up the First Lady says. Okay water is healthy or suppose to be. Most know this. Course now the Extreme Right will be questioning what is being put into the Water. :shock: Could it be.....Colorless and Odorless Obama Kool-Aid?

That's hilarious dude.:applaud

Michelle Obama has pushed Americans to eat healthier and to exercise more. Now she says we should "drink up" too. As in plain water. And more of it.

The first lady, who has spent several years highlighting the problem of childhood obesity, is getting behind a national campaign being announced Thursday to encourage people to drink more old-fashioned, calorie-free water. Whether it comes from a faucet, an underground spring, a rambling river or a plastic bottle, the message is: "Drink up."

She was joining the Partnership for a Healthier America as the nonpartisan, nonprofit group launches the effort from Watertown, Wis., with backing from a variety of sources, including the beverage industry, media, government and entertainers such as actress Eva Longoria. Mrs. Obama is the partnership's honorary chairwoman.

The first lady said she has realized since beginning the childhood obesity initiative in 2010 that drinking more water is the best thing people can do for their health.

"Drink just one more glass of water a day and you can make a real difference for your health, your energy and the way you feel. So 'drink up' and see for yourself," she said in a statement before the announcement.

Every bodily system depends on water, which makes up about 60 percent of a person's body weight, according to the Mayo Clinic. Water also is a calorie-free option for people concerned about weight control, is largely inexpensive and is available practically everywhere.

How much water a person should drink daily depends on various factors, including their health, activity level and where they live. Studies have produced varying recommendations over the years, and, in 2004, the Institute of Medicine decided against recommending a daily amount of water. The institute said the average person gets enough water every day from a mix of beverages, including caffeinated ones, and the water that exists in fruits and other foods.....snip~

EC_180207_ObamaBorg.jpg

borg_barack_obamas_redistributionist_government_bumper_sticker-r479851f1e0584a7cbd33b424dd3aa50e_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

I'm very disappointed that the First Lady didn't work on getting inner-cities the education they so desperately need. Too bad -- eight years to make a real difference.

and here I thought I was succeeding admirably until I clicked on the thread to see the rest of the title......

And you care why?

edit: i mean, and we should care what she says, why?

EC_180207_ObamaBorg.jpg

I don't know who is more annoying, Barack or Michelle.

I'm very disappointed that the First Lady didn't work on getting inner-cities the education they so desperately need. Too bad -- eight years to make a real difference.

It's so much easier to sit on your ass and preach to the masses about how they should live their lives - actually having to get your hands dirty, disturb some of your supporters, and get real work accomplished is far too demeaning a task for such as the Obama's.

EC_180207_ObamaBorg.jpg

So... she is 10000% correct. Why are you and the US right it seems against being healthy? Water > beer and soda.. that is a fact.

therethere.gif
Don't worry Maggie.....there is a plan. :lol: :2razz:

h-wd0409-smart-water-3.jpg

:lamo

I drink a ton of good ol' straight up plain water. Have for all my life.

Though at least she has focused on 'nutrition and health', some of her 'ideas' and the way they are promoted are a little lacking, IMO.

And you care why?

edit: i mean, and we should care what she says, why?

Heya J5. :2wave: Cmons now you knows I cares about my extreme Right leaning bruthas. :2razz:

300008-bottlewaterpoison-1322653646-465-640x480.jpg

I drink a ton of good ol' straight up plain water. Have for all my life.

Though at least she has focused on 'nutrition and health', some of her 'ideas' and the way they are promoted are a little lacking, IMO.

Mornin GG. :2wave:

th

:2razz:

(Michelle) School nutrition & exercise: huge problem.

(Laura) Child reading and writing: declared large issue.

(Michelle) Drinking water.....problem assessment: meh.

Say what you will about the immense amount of images you put on the thread, but I want that bottle.

It's so much easier to sit on your ass and preach to the masses about how they should live their lives - actually having to get your hands dirty, disturb some of your supporters, and get real work accomplished is far too demeaning a task for such as the Obama's.

Mornin CJ. :2wave: Are you saying that's like being Blue? :2razz:

aqua_blue.jpg

Mornin GG. :2wave:

th

While pretty to look at, the basic stuff will do me just fine. :lol: The waters with vitamins or other fancy stuff isn't what I need and is ridiculously priced.

At least one of the Obamas is saying SOMETHING that makes sense even if it is so basic. :)

So... she is 10000% correct. Why are you and the US right it seems against being healthy? Water > beer and soda.. that is a fact.

Mornin Pete. :2wave: Whos against Being healthy. How are you on the Good Stuff? :2razz:

Perrier-Bottled-Water_11E27CFD.jpg

She wants us to drink water? That bitch! Doesn't she know the american metabolism has evolved.....Oh wait evolution is evil. Doesn't she know that god whipped out his harry potter magic wand and remade all of our bodies so we can only exist on high fructose corn syrup and caffeine? Did she miss that passage in the bible? God damned ignorant woman, it is like she thinks water is necessary for our bodies and helps us with our digestion or something? Where did she learn that crap, in science class? We all know those people are crazy doing things like experiments and scientific method and promoting atheism instead of good common sense christian values. Oh crap, need to take my insulin.

Back
Top Bottom