• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First lady campaigns inside polling place

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
And you thought having a college education some how miraculously makes you intelligent.

Well here is something that brings that goofy idea into question.

But what the heck she's closer to the other Obama than the Black Panthers who violated polling laws and Obama gave them a pass. Why not his mate.

This would be Main Stream in the real world but we are in the fantasy world of the Liberals.

DRUDGE: MICHELLE CAMPAIGNED INSIDE POLLING PLACE?

FIRST LADY CAMPAIGNS INSIDE POLLING PLACE
Thu Oct 14 2010 16:19:25 ET

First lady Michelle Obama appears to have violated Illinois law -- when she engaged in political discussion at a polling place!

The drama began after Mrs. Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the south side of Chicago to cast an early vote.

After finishing at the machine, Obama went back to the desk and handed in her voting key.

She let voters including electrician Dennis Campbell, 56, take some photos.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," Campbell said.

According to a pool reporter from the CHICAGO SUN-TIMES at the scene, the conversation took place INSIDE the voting center, not far from the booths.

Oh yea, dis bad. Dis really bad. With photos to prove it, notice the liberals absent from this thread? I guess photographic proof is enough to ward off the "drudge is biased" liberals.

Oh yea, dis bad. Dis really bad. With photos to prove it, notice the liberals absent from this thread? I guess photographic proof is enough to ward off the "drudge is biased" liberals.

I see a picture of Michelle Obama talking to a guy with a white hat, holding some blue clipboard thingy. She may or may not be inside a polling place in this photo. You can't have photographic proof of what somebody said. :D

If it actually happened, it may very well be technically a violation of Illinois law. I say "technically," because lets face it, even taken at face value all this report indicates is that she had a conversation with one guy at a polling place. Not something I'd really label "campaigning."

"Engage in political discussion." Does that mean in Illinois I can't stand in the voting line and say "I'm voting for Lincoln!" I mean, that's political discussion, right?

If that one guy's vote swings the election, I'll protest in the streets with you, though.

Last edited:
Notice there is another thread on this. Notice this too.

This is funny because once you get passed the Drudge report most reports just said she was encouraging people to go out and vote early, which isn't breaking any law. A quote from the Fox Blog

First Lady's Voting Day Stirs Controversy | Foxnews.com

Rather, the elections official said, Obama told the group how important it is to vote early and vote in general, a perfectly appropriate suggestion at a polling place. Campbell's characterization of the conversation may simply have included his political position, that he voted "to keep her husband's agenda going," but not that the first lady had specifically encouraged Campbell to support Obama-friendly candidates.

Even if one of the other voters had mentioned their support for President Obama and the first lady agreed, she would still not be in violation of election statutes because she would not, in that case, have initiated the political conversation.

well, HERE is a liberal.

Matt DRUDGE has no discretion. he cannot distinguish between meaningful and non. nor does he pretend to try. his blog is simple self aggrandizement.

talking about politics is not campaigning. that her husband is a politician does not change that. he is not on the ballot, so even if HE were talking politics outside those issues and candidates actually under consideration, THAT would not be campaigning.

but i am sure it made him feel good to slander a good woman. some folks are just like that, confidant that there are others equally lacking in judgment and civility who will accommodate themselves in propagandizing his bullshid.

geo.

Back
Top Bottom