• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First exit polls show Herzog and Netanyahu with 27-28 mandates each

donsutherland1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From The Jerusalem Post:

Channel 2's poll had the Zionist Union with 27 mandates, the Likud with 28 mandates, the Joint Arab List with 13 mandates, Yesh Atid with 12 mandates, Bayit Yehudi with 8 mandates, Kulanu with 9 mandates, Shas with 7 mandates, United Torah Judaism with 6 mandates, Meretz with 5 mandates, Yisrael Beytenu with 5 mandates and Yahad failing to pass the electoral threshold.

Channel 10's polls had the Zionist Union with 27 mandates, the Likud with 27 mandates, the Joint Arab List with 13 mandates, Yesh Atid with 11 mandates, Bayit Yehudi with 8 mandates, Kulanu with10 mandates, Shas with 7 mandates, United Torah Judaism with 7 mandates, Meretz with 5 mandates, Yisrael Beytenu with 5 mandates and Yahad failing to pass the electoral threshold.

First exit polls show Isaac Herzog and Benjamin Netanyahu with 27-28 mandates each - Israel Elections - Jerusalem Post

It could be an even tighter race than the polling just before the election showed.

Too close to call, should be interesting.

Netanyahu has declared victory.....despite the closeness of the race. They are waiting for him to come out and take the Podium and he is in the building. The other major party is former Likud and he is expected to side with Netanyahu.

Netanyahu has declared victory.....despite the closeness of the race. They are waiting for him to come out and take the Podium and he is in the building. The other major party is former Likud and he is expected to side with Netanyahu.

What happened to Zippy? (I can't help but think of Squirrel Nut Zippers when I hear her name. Sorry, Zippy). Looks like Herzog (sp) threw her off the reservation. Wonder what that was all about.

What happened to Zippy? (I can't help but think of Squirrel Nut Zippers when I hear her name. Sorry, Zippy). Looks like Herzog (sp) threw her off the reservation. Wonder what that was all about.

Heya HB. :2wave: Yeah somebody dropped out at the last minute.....Fox News was just carrying the coverage. Herzog was close enough to take it to this next step. For days they have been working on others in coalitions. It will be left to this other and he is expected to side with the Likud party.

Heya HB. :2wave: Yeah somebody dropped out at the last minute.....Fox News was just carrying the coverage. Herzog was close enough to take it to this next step. For days they have been working on others in coalitions. It will be left to this other and he is expected to side with the Likud party.

Sounds like Likud won. Don't know about Bibi, but if Likud won...

Sounds like Likud won. Don't know about Bibi, but if Likud won...

I was wondering how he could declare victory and the election is still going......especially this close. But then that's what the reporter said. That Natanyahu's path to victory was a lot easier than Herzog's.

And that is what they say also.....it would appear Likud will win.

If that's the case BO peep wont be happy. Yep Natnayahu put out his statement on Twitter.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Declares Victory In Tight Election.....

JERUSALEM (CBSNewYork/AP) --Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has declared victory after a tight national election appeared to give him the upper hand in forming the country’s next coalition government.

In a statement released on Twitter, Netanyahu says that “against all odds” his Likud party and the nationalist camp secured a “great victory.”

But the results indicated that Netanyahu will have an easier time cobbling together a majority coalition with hard-line and religious allies.....snip~

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Declares Victory In Tight Election « CBS New York

From The Jerusalem Post:

First exit polls show Isaac Herzog and Benjamin Netanyahu with 27-28 mandates each - Israel Elections - Jerusalem Post

It could be an even tighter race than the polling just before the election showed.

fatladysings.gif

Screen-Shot-2015-03-17-at-3.53.38-PM-600x218.png

I was wondering how he could declare victory and the election is still going......especially this close. But then that's what the reporter said. That Natanyahu's path to victory was a lot easier than Herzog's.

And that is what they say also.....it would appear Likud will win.

If that's the case BO peep wont be happy. Yep Natnayahu put out his statement on Twitter.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Declares Victory In Tight Election.....

JERUSALEM (CBSNewYork/AP) --Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has declared victory after a tight national election appeared to give him the upper hand in forming the country’s next coalition government.

In a statement released on Twitter, Netanyahu says that “against all odds” his Likud party and the nationalist camp secured a “great victory.”

But the results indicated that Netanyahu will have an easier time cobbling together a majority coalition with hard-line and religious allies.....snip~

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Declares Victory In Tight Election « CBS New York

I was wondering the same, but with Likud looking good, I guess that's the conclusion. Oh, and screw Obama and what he wants. He can have a temper tantrum in his private quarters. What a child.

Seems that way. Even though the election is close, if Bibi is the most able of the two, to cobble together a coalition then he's in.
Still it seems as if it is too early to call.

Bibi will be the next PM, its not close, Hertzog needs Liberman for coallition and thats not going to happen.

I was wondering the same, but with Likud looking good, I guess that's the conclusion. Oh, and screw Obama and what he wants. He can have a temper tantrum in his private quarters. What a child.

Yeah MarketWatch has it an hour ago, and Netanyahu is on stage now.

Netanyahu declares victory in Israel elections - MarketWatch

Then the Guardian too.

Israel elections: Netanyahu hails 'great victory' as Herzog refuses to concede defeat – live updates

Israel elections: Netanyahu hails 'great victory' as Herzog refuses to concede defeat

Bibi will be the next PM, its not close, Hertzog needs Liberman for coallition and thats not going to happen.

They just showed the Labor Party was closing up shop.....and are not happy. No cheering or partying like the Likud and Netanyahu.

They just showed the Labor Party was closing up shop.....and are not happy. No cheering or partying like the Likud and Netanyahu.
There was planty of cheering at the labor hq but you dont form a coalition with cheers.

Its obvious that Kulanu will determine who is the next PM. But even if Kulanu joins Hertzog its not enough for him to form a coalition, he will need Liberman and thats not going to happen.

There are two real options, the first is a narrow right wing party coallition that will probably not last too long.
The second is a unity government of likud and labor. I think that its less likly to happen

Valerie Jarrett must be livid.....huh? :lol:

GOPs taught Bibi well during his visit to the USA slamming the POTUS.

In his last days before the election, Bibi 'evolved' on the two-state solution favored by every Nation on the Earth, bringing out the extremely far-right in droves.
Not to mention every USA President since Eisenhower, including the beloved Reagan.

Not to mention Bibi's racist bombs towards the Arabs involved in the voting coming out in droves and being bussed in.
Just like our 2014 election, don't you think ?

I've been following the election at the Jerusalem Post. A heartfelt congratulations to BiBi!
Now on this St. Patrick's day Obama and Kerry can cry in their beer. And I want to see heads roll on how our State Department was funding Bibi's opponent.

They should be getting used to failure by now. Every entry on the foreign scene has left ugly tracks in the underwear of the presidency. He has suffered three defeats at the polls at the congressional level and if he were to run today would be toast even against McCain/Palin.

And he has been beaten up over and by Netanyahu before, there was that lecture Netty nailed him with on the 1967 borders issue and then the "polite" putting in one's place by Stephen Harper at the G-8

He's like a Seth Rogan character, he screws up and thinks its a win

GOPs taught Bibi well during his visit to the USA slamming the POTUS.

In his last days before the election, Bibi 'evolved' on the two-state solution favored by every Nation on the Earth, bringing out the extremely far-right in droves.
Not to mention every USA President since Eisenhower, including the beloved Reagan.

Not to mention Bibi's racist bombs towards the Arabs involved in the voting coming out in droves and being bussed in.
Just like our 2014 election, don't you think ?

Yeah they taught Netanyahu look for those BO Bots that were trying to mess with an Israeli election. So the GOP decided they will look into that for themselves too. :mrgreen:

I've been following the election at the Jerusalem Post. A heartfelt congratulations to BiBi!
Now on this St. Patrick's day Obama and Kerry can cry in their beer. And I want to see heads roll on how our State Department was funding Bibi's opponent.

BO peep upstaged this today Vee.
hat.gif
He decided to do an interview, and then Blamed Bush Jr for the growth and Rise of ISIS.

They should be getting used to failure by now. Every entry on the foreign scene has left ugly tracks in the underwear of the presidency. He has suffered three defeats at the polls at the congressional level and if he were to run today would be toast even against McCain/Palin.

And he has been beaten up over and by Netanyahu before, there was that lecture Netty nailed him with on the 1967 borders issue and then the "polite" putting in one's place by Stephen Harper at the G-8

He's like a Seth Rogan character, he screws up and thinks its a win

Skid Mark BO Peep. I like it. :)

BO peep upstaged this today Vee.
hat.gif
He decided to do an interview, and then Blamed Bush Jr for the growth and Rise of ISIS.

I know, I heard it on the news. That's what weak leaders with skid marks in their shorts do.

The latest data with 90% of the vote counted points to a fairly large Likud victory. From The Jerusalem Post:

According to the official up-to-the-minute tally as of 04:20 local time, Likud wins 30 seats while Zionist Union comes in second at 24 seats.

The parties that follow are Joint Arab List (13); Yesh Atid (11); Kulanu (10); Bayit Yehudi (8); Shas (7); United Torah Judaism (7); Yisrael Beytenu (6); and Meretz (4).

Israeli elections take dramatic turn as official tally gives Likud sweeping victory - Israel Elections - Jerusalem Post

Back
Top Bottom