• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First-ever private border wall built in New Mexico

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]A private group announced Monday that it has constructed a half-mile wall along a section of the U.S.-Mexico border in New Mexico, in what it said was a first in the border debate.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The 18-foot steel bollard wall is similar to the designs used by the Border Patrol, sealing off a part of the border that had been a striking gap in existing fencing, according to We Build the Wall, the group behind the new section.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The section was also built faster and, organizers say, likely more cheaply than the government has been able to manage in recent years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kris Kobach, a former secretary of state in Kansas and an informal immigration adviser to President Trump, says the New Mexico project has the president’s blessing and says local Border Patrol agents are eager to have the assistance.

First-ever private border wall built in New Mexico - Washington Times[/FONT]

As Democrats in DC do everything they can to stall any security on our Southern border in the face of a crisis, as America always does, private citizens stand up....

i hope they remembered to paint it black so it will be hot and will match the rest of Tweety derp wall.

giphy.gif

As Democrats in DC do everything they can to stall any security on our Southern border in the face of a crisis, as America always does, private citizens stand up....

I'm OK with this.

Let them waste their own money.

But is it OK for private citizens to block the border?

If it's true that they paid for it entirely out of their own pockets and put it only on their own private land, I have no problems with this.

If it's true that they paid for it entirely out of their own pockets and put it only on their own private land, I have no problems with this.

I didn't see anything in the story to suggest otherwise....So, a wall is ok, as long as we leave big holes....Got it...

I didn't see anything in the story to suggest otherwise....So, a wall is ok, as long as we leave big holes....Got it...

If you have a problem with the holes in the wall, then trump supporters should buy that land and pay (out of their own pockets, of course) to build the remaining wall.

If you have a problem with the holes in the wall, then trump supporters should buy that land and pay (out of their own pockets, of course) to build the remaining wall.

I should start a gofundme. I'll use it to pay for a yacht.

That was always going to factor into it from a logistical perspective. Not all land owners in the areas where private land runs along the border were on the same page, so questions of potential legal action have been a factor. The other areas which would leave big holes are the ones where the terrain prevents the construction of walls; the premise being people will be deterred by the rough terrain. It's one of those assumptions which gets disproven when witnessing the risks people take to flee worse conditions (i.e. sailing across large bodies of water, deserts etc.).

Last edited:
That was always going to factor into it from a logistical perspective. Not all land owners in the areas where private land runs along the border were on the same page, so questions of potential legal action have been a factor. The other areas which would leave big holes are the ones were the terrain prevents the construction of walls; the premise being people will be deterred by the rough terrain. It's one of those assumptions which gets disproven when witnessing the risks people take to flee worse conditions (i.e. sailing across large bodies of water, deserts etc.).

The only solution, as I see it, is for Trump supporters to purchase every plot of land possible around those areas of terrain in order to create one contiguous wall. The resulting wall might end up being twice as long as the actual US/Mexico border, but hey, you do what ya gotta do.

The Democratic Party has made their unqualified support of drug dealers, child and sex traffickers and violent gangs very well known - and demands that everyone also supports such criminals - most of all federal, state and local governments.

This.

Obviously the owners of the remaining couple thousand miles of border land ran their own cost/benefit analysis and came to a different conclusion

I should start a gofundme. I'll use it to pay for a yacht.

It really is the new way to fund your endeavors; how effective you are at raising funds will depend on how compelling your reason is, so make sure it's a pitch that works.

:)

The only solution, as I see it, is for Trump supporters to purchase every plot of land possible around those areas of terrain in order to create one contiguous wall. The resulting wall might end up being twice as long as the actual US/Mexico border, but hey, you do what ya gotta do.

Or, the United States could constitutionally seize that land for the protection of the country...

The Democratic Party has made their unqualified support of drug dealers, child and sex traffickers and violent gangs very well known - and demands that everyone also supports such criminals - most of all federal, state and local governments.

:lamo

This.

Obviously the owners of the remaining couple thousand miles of border land ran their own cost/benefit analysis and came to a different conclusion

They would lose if it came to a standoff in the courts.

This.

Well, every man has his price. I assume all those landowners could be convinced to sell their property if offered enough money. Interestingly enough, this might be the issue that ends up driving their property values ten to twenty times higher than they ever imagined they would be.

Or, the United States could constitutionally seize that land for the protection of the country...

I see you've already abandoned the premise of your thread, which if you recall started out with "Since liberals won't support the wall, we'll pay for it and build it on our land OURSELVES! HA!"

As I recall the Republicant's are dragging their heels on funding the border wall (they refused to add wall funding in the disaster bill)... :roll:

I can think of many things a half mile of wall on the border is, but a clarion call for private citizens to 'secure' the border it ain't. More like a publicity stunt to get certain types on the rabid right to jump up and proclaim 'they are getting the job done'.... :doh

That said I don't care what type of a wall a private citizen builds on their property line. (I do believe some areas don't permit electric fencing)

Not that you have EVER been shamefully partisan, the Dems are not stalling 'any security' but rather the wall... I'm sure you were just in a hurry to post your immense pride in 'Mericans standing up for our grand and glorious Republic.... :peace

They can, doesn't make it less stupid though and if the local authorities decide to institute a by-law against ugly and ineffective fencing they have to take it down.

Back
Top Bottom