• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Firm tied to Blackwater gets Afghan contract

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Firm tied to Blackwater gets Afghan contract

Firm tied to Blackwater gets Afghan contract - CNN.com

ashington (CNN) -- A firm affiliated with the former Blackwater security company has been awarded a contract to provide protection to U.S. consulates and diplomats in the Afghan cities of Herat and Mazar-e Sharif, a U.S. State Department official confirmed on Saturday.
The official said U.S. Training Center got the contract on Friday. It is part of Xe, the new name of Blackwater Worldwide.

Tied to?

nope this is Blackwater.......

I am curious to some of our DP posters here who smeared and attacked Blackwater and went on non-stop about Bush using contractors as to where they are today?

This story is several days old and I haven't heard a peep..... Does Obama get a pass for using Contractors?

Before I answer your original question I have a question that I haven't gotten a good answer on. Are the Contractors held to the same standards of the law as the U.S. military?

Before I answer your original question I have a question that I haven't gotten a good answer on. Are the Contractors held to the same standards of the law as the U.S. military?

No. Military is subject to the UCMJ, civillians are not.

No. Military is subject to the UCMJ, civillians are not.

Hmmm. Well then I am not a huge fan of that. The idea that we hire these people to do fighting that our soldier could do, but contractors aren't held to the same standard so they can do things that normal soldiers can't makes me uneasy. I mean I understand that they are there helping our soldiers and the more we hire these contractors means that soldiers can potentially come home. I just wish we could hold these contractors to the same standards we hold our soldiers to.

Hmmm. Well then I am not a huge fan of that. The idea that we hire these people to do fighting that our soldier could do, but contractors aren't held to the same standard so they can do things that normal soldiers can't makes me uneasy. I mean I understand that they are there helping our soldiers and the more we hire these contractors means that soldiers can potentially come home. I just wish we could hold these contractors to the same standards we hold our soldiers to.

How can you hold a civilian to the UCMJ?

They can be tried as civillians.

How can you hold a civilian to the UCMJ?

They can be tried as civillians.

Oh OK when I first read it I must have thought something else then. My bad.

Well then I guess I am OK with it if we could charge them for any crime we could charge a soldier with.

mercs are cheap and they get the job done what more do you need in an army?

mercs are cheap and they get the job done what more do you need in an army?

1st of all, it is incorrect to describe PMC's as "mercs", 2nd of all they do not engage in combat operations but primarily deal with asset and VIP protection. Therefore your statement is not one that could not be described as "informed".

1st of all, it is incorrect to describe PMC's as "mercs", 2nd of all they do not engage in combat operations but primarily deal with asset and VIP protection. Therefore your statement is not one that could not be described as "informed".

i know about about pmcs. im suggesting we use mercenarys as our new military.

Pathetic. Even with a new president and a new congress, the same old corruption continues. While using private contractors may be needed in certain circumstances, the entire system is still horribly broken. Whats a voter to do?

Back
Top Bottom