• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Firearms Overtook Auto Accidents In Leading Cause Of Death In Children

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"For decades, auto accidents have been the leading cause of death among children, but in 2020 guns were the No. 1 cause, researchers say.

Overall firearm-related deaths increased 13.5% between 2019 and 2020, but such fatalities for those 1 to 19 years old jumped nearly 30%, according to a research letter in New England Journal of Medicine.

Researchers analyzed data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showing that there were a record 45,222 firearm-related deaths in the U.S. in 2020."

"For decades, auto accidents have been the leading cause of death among children, but in 2020 guns were the No. 1 cause, researchers say.

Overall firearm-related deaths increased 13.5% between 2019 and 2020, but such fatalities for those 1 to 19 years old jumped nearly 30%, according to a research letter in New England Journal of Medicine.

Researchers analyzed data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showing that there were a record 45,222 firearm-related deaths in the U.S. in 2020."

GUns DoN'T caUSe dEAThs, pEoplE DO! /s

'Children' 1-19 include the gang populations and yes...there has been a very dramatic increase in violent crimes/homicides in the democrat controlled cities across the country.

Its a rather self (or rather 'cause') serving comparison though...isnt it? The automobile death rate is almost exclusively from vehicular accidents...while the accidental death rates for firearms in children is approx 2% of the total. Of the remaining deaths, 65% of firearm related deaths are homicides and 35% are suicides. AND...during the same period of increase, chemical poisoning death rates ALSO experienced a near identical increase during the same period...most likely related to suicide.

Calling all pro-lifers!!!! Weigh in please

That is a sad statistic that I'm almost sorry I lived long enough to see.

My niece told me that they now have shooting drills in her kids' school. How ****ing digusting.

Calling all pro-lifers!!!! Weigh in please
Oh....thats just so sad. Trying to use the dead victims of violent crimes in cities run by democrats in some sad comparison to the defense of butchering unborn children? How the **** could you have ANY better demonstrated just how little you actually give a **** about them?

I don't care about kids because I asked pro-lifers to weigh in on the topic?
Alrighty then...

How dare I ask people who claim to be pro-life give their opinion on a topic! Just unbelievable! Off with my head!

That is a sad statistic that I'm almost sorry I lived long enough to see.

My niece told me that they now have shooting drills in her kids' school. How ****ing digusting.
Yes, we have had shooting drills since Sandy. My kids are used to it now. Had a shelter in place at the nearby high school last week. Wish we didn't have these issues in America.

So f*ing sad. Thank you gunlovers.

So f*ing sad. Thank you gunlovers.
You blame law abiding gun owners for the increase in gang related homicides in the last year? That seems...odd...almost like you are using the deaths of gang members...predominanently minority youth...in democrat run cities...to attack law abiding gun owners. But..that would mean you dont actually give a **** about them and are willing to use them as props in your sad pathetic little cause.

I'm not sure that 2020 or 2021 are accurately representative years for those stats.

We were locked down for most of those 2 years with much much less vehicle travel. OTOH, there was a rise in domestic abuse and suicides for the same reason during that period.

GUns DoN'T caUSe dEAThs, pEoplE DO! /s
PEOPLE WOULD NOT CAUSE GUN DEATHS IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE GUNS.

Seems pretty simple to me. Since we can't ban people, we need to go after the next thing causing these gun deaths, GUNS.

it's who we are.

Back
Top Bottom