• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

FilmFestGuy

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Federal officials are investigating a fire that started overnight at the site of a new Islamic center in a Nashville suburb.

Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF that the fire, which burned construction equipment at the future site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, is being ruled as arson.

Special Agent Andy Anderson of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told CBS News that the fire destroyed one piece of construction equipment and damaged three others. Gas was poured over the equipment to start the fire, Anderson said.

The ATF, FBI and Rutherford County Sheriff's Office are conducting a joint investigation into the fire, Anderson said.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson - CBS News

Is anyone truly surprised by this? Sadly, I can say I am not. When you appeal to peoples' baser instincts, someone will feel compelled to act as if they had support to commit this crime.

It was too close to ground zero.

In a different time, you would see people like this at a lynching in Selma, Alabama, or throwing Jews into ovens in Germany. This is one of those situations where the FBI needs to come in, find those responsible, and throw them in prison for a long time on civil rights violations. Then these punks can share their beds with the skinheads and Neonazi gang members that are also there. As for the members of the mosque, you need to arm yourselves, post a guard, and shoot to kill whoever attempts to do this again. American law allows this, and no, you are not terrorists if you are defending yourselves from scumbags who want to use violence to deprive you of your Constitutional rights. The Second Amendment applies to you too. God bless America, and ALL of its citizens.

Last edited:
While I wish our political entertainers would be reponsible and tone down their silliness, free speech means we have to stomach their puke. And someone will always take it to heart. But those people too often will find something to justify their evil anyway. So, i would lay too much blame at the feet of the disingenuous and stupid hte mongers. I would prefer we jus grew up enough to stop listening to them on our own.

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson - CBS News

Is anyone truly surprised by this? Sadly, I can say I am not. When you appeal to peoples' baser instincts, someone will feel compelled to act as if they had support to commit this crime.

I completely agree that this should be investigated fully and the culprits crucified. i SHOULD think however that people might be a little less quick to judge, especially in light of the fact that there have been several instances where consrevatives where blamed for incidents that were actually undertaken by leftists. For all we know this was an insurance scam, or people trying to garner sympathy. Rushing to judgement and blaming anyone before the facts are in...there is a name for that...

In a different time, you would see people like this at a lynching in Selma, Alabama, or throwing Jews into ovens in Germany. This is one of those situations where the FBI needs to come in, find those responsible, and throw them in prison for a long time on civil rights violations. Then these punks can share their beds with the skinheads and Neonazi gang members that are also there. As for the members of the mosque, you need to arm yourselves, post a guard, and shoot to kill whoever attempts to do this again. American law allows this, and no, you are not terrorists if you are defending yourselves from scumbags who want to use violence to deprive you of your Constitutional rights. The Second Amendment applies to you too. God bless America, and ALL of its citizens.

I agree with you 100%, but could you imagine what people would start saying if a group of Muslims in Tennessee started arming themselves?

Or maybe someone involved in the project was looking to reap the insurance reward for the "fire".

Which is another reason for arson, but no no you tolerance folks, with you it's all about those DAMNED BIGOTED SOUTHERNERS!!

Or maybe someone involved in the project was looking to reap the insurance reward for the "fire".

Which is another reason for arson, but no no you tolerance folks, with you it's all about those DAMNED BIGOTED SOUTHERNERS!!

You know, this is similar to something that happened in Texas back in the 1960's. A black man was chained, weighted down, and then thrown into a lake. When those who did it were caught they said "We didn't do it. It's just like a nigger. Steal more chains than they can swim with". Your post, seeking to deny the obvious, reminded me of that story.

I completely agree that this should be investigated fully and the culprits crucified. i SHOULD think however that people might be a little less quick to judge, especially in light of the fact that there have been several instances where consrevatives where blamed for incidents that were actually undertaken by leftists. For all we know this was an insurance scam, or people trying to garner sympathy. Rushing to judgement and blaming anyone before the facts are in...there is a name for that...

I agree it's possible it was these alternative motives ... but unlikely.

I agree. Let me add that, had these been Christians building a church, those kinds of scurrilous questions would not even have been hinted at.

In that vein, let me announce that there is a new Jim Crow in town.

I know...its as unlikely as a democrat operative trashing a democrat office in Colorado...or a bunch of congressmen crying racism the day after they passed the widely unpopular health care legislation that got everyone spending the next 8 weeks talking about racism and NOT the legislation...why...what diabolical genius would even consider such a thing.

Seriously...I dont know what happened there. I'm sure they will investigate and when the truth is found I full on support burying whoever it is that did it. You would THINK though that people so ensconsed in the concept of tolerance would withhold judgement til we know more about the issue than 'something happened'...

I don't believe that you actually believe that. First of all, there is no insurance "reward" - the company's obligation, under tort law, would be to put the insured back to where they were before the fire occurred. In other words, they'd get exactly the cost of the damage - no profit. So much for your stupid theory.

Last edited:
You know, this is similar to something that happened in Texas back in the 1960's. A black man was chained, weighted down, and then thrown into a lake. When those who did it were caught they said "We didn't do it. It's just like a nigger. Steal more chains than they can swim with". Your post, seeking to deny the obvious, reminded me of that story.

And do you have any evidence this was a hate crime? No. You just assume, look at the heavy handed uses of the Race Card to shut down any talk this might NOT be a hate crime. Disgusting Dan.

Is it probable some idiot did this? Absolutely. but you're way too stuck on proving how TOLERANT you are you are jumping to conclusions without evidence. This reminds me of that story with Nancy Grace, you know the lacrosse team was accused of rape and she was ready to put them all in jail. Yeah, right now, you're nancy grace.

I don't believe that you actually believe that. First of all, there is no insurance "reward" - the company's obligation, under tort law, would be to put the insured back to where they were before the fire occurred. In other words, they'd get exactly the cost of the damage - no profit. So much for your stupid theory.

Yeah, it's obviously bigots that caused this, those evil white people.
It could also be a faked hate crime.

We don't know, but you guys have all ready tried and convicted the "White man" for it. Disgusting.

Yeah, it's obviously bigots that caused this, those evil white people.
It could also be a faked hate crime.

We don't know, but you guys have all ready tried and convicted the "White man" for it. Disgusting.

Who said anything about white people?

While I wish our political entertainers would be reponsible and tone down their silliness, free speech means we have to stomach their puke. And someone will always take it to heart. But those people too often will find something to justify their evil anyway. So, i would lay too much blame at the feet of the disingenuous and stupid hte mongers. I would prefer we jus grew up enough to stop listening to them on our own.

:shrug: People don't need anyone on TV with any views to do arson.

Arson is a different psychological act - there's often a personal thrill that goes along with it that's not fostered by 'tv rhetoric'

:shrug: People don't need anyone on TV with any views to do arson.

Arson is a different psychological act - there's often a personal thrill that goes along with it that's not fostered by 'tv rhetoric'

Like people getting a thrill blowing up churches and burning them down in Mississippi during the 1960's? Arson isn't always done for the personal thrill. Sometimes it is done as a terrorist act.

Like people getting a thrill blowing up churches and burning them down in Mississippi during the 1960's? Arson isn't always done for the personal thrill. Sometimes it is done as a terrorist act.

Dude, until we know who did it, this sort of talk is uncalled for, and over the top.

Who said anything about white people?

Now you've gone and done it - you've interrupted a perfectly good spittle spewing frothing at the mouth rant with pesky facts. That just won't do, Missy.

I agree with you 100%, but could you imagine what people would start saying if a group of Muslims in Tennessee started arming themselves?

Why shouldn't they? The 2nd amendment applies to muslims-Americans, too.

Dude, until we know who did it, this sort of talk is uncalled for, and over the top.

Why? I bet there are many things which would get you to speak of that manner. It is entirely possible this was a terrorist act. In fact, given the conditions of the country currently, I would say pretty likely. Regardless, it is to be investigated, hopefully those who were responsible will be found and brought before the courts.

I don't like to make assumptions. Remember all of the assumptions that were made about the census worker in tennessee? You just never know in cases like this...could have been a local arsonist without ideological views, is most likely a whackadoo with zero formal ties to any political group.

And yet, Stephen Ayers was a hero to your ilk.

Back
Top Bottom