• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finland Races Toward Likely NATO Membership as Putin's Warnings Backfire

Every citizen of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia would die with their boots on and volunteer their children for the same before they see another Soviet Union. The Baltic States are Sweden's and Finland's best defense. Sweden and Finland should pay them in advance just in case.

If Stalin himself was happy with a neutral Finland.....why are we to believe that Putin would suddenly invade?
Better safe than sorry for Finland.
What is the risk of Finland joining NATO.?
Is the risk of being a NATO member less or greater than being neutral - and without the protect of the most powerful military force in the world?

Every nation should be automatically enrolled in NATO, then there would be no nation left to threaten with the US government's nuclear arsenal, and nuclear weapons will be abolished.

Probably not, but the US government and Russian government are probably too stupid to abolish nuclear weapons just because mutually assured stupidity is insanely stupid.

Well, it's probably more the US government's stupid agenda to dominate what's left of the planet that's the real reason.
You believe you are anti-war.
Who can be trusted to eliminate nuclear weapons?
The U.S.? Russia? N Korea? Pakistan? China? Israel? U.K.? India?
Pick those who can be trusted. Which ones would destroy their weapons first?

Repeatedly demanding evidence that you plainly mean to declare not evidence is just about the dumbest internet tactic out there.

Like...

What's gonna happen if he plays? He collects all the same posts of yours that he based his prior assessment on, and you say for the second time that they are not evidence of Stalinism? And...what... this will cause other people to think that RV has failed to support his claim? As if anyone could possibly think that someone loudly insisting they are not a Stalinist will say "ahhh, I see now, I AM one!" after being reminded of their words?

<><><>

At any rate, I'm not sure what else to call someone who defends a brutal war against innocent civilians because ~900 of them joined a volunteer paramilitary group accused of having neo-nazis beliefs.

Would you defend the world if it declared war on us and started murdering civilian? We have way more than 900 neo-nazis here. No, of course you would not, because whatever your real reason for defending Putin is, it is not the existence of Azov. It would be wildly insane to defend a murderous invasion of a country of 44,000,000 because it has 900 bad people somewhere in it, so I do not believe that is what you are really doing.

What are you really doing? What's it matter? You're defending evil. The specific label it's given is largely irrelevant.
I don't see any defence of Putin in the poster's comments. On the contrary I interpret tacit reminders that we in the 'enlightened' West have no moral authority to preach from when it comes to waging wars of aggression and violations of either human rights, international law and the Geneva Conventions, as recent history informs us.
And before I'm accused of being a Putin apologist I have personal reasons for condemning this repetition of an invasion of 'Ukraine'. My family lived in Poland before WW2. In 1939 the USSR invaded, annexed Eastern Poland where we lived, and subsumed it into 'Ukraine' (USSR), with the express permission of the Western Allies. My mother and grandmother were sent off to Siberia as slave labour in that year, while the NKVD murdered my grandfather in the Katyn massacre, long denied by the USSR who accused Nazi Germany of the crime but finally admitted to. As a result my family became stateless refugees, spending years in refugee camps in Persia and Palestine until taken in by Britain where we settled. There was no possibility, or desire, to return to the Soviet Union or Communist Poland, with all its joys.

Last edited:
Like Trump's America?
Yes, but on a whole other level in Russia. Trump admired Vladimir Putin and took plenty of inspiration from his playbook, though Trump was a simple wannabe dictator and couldn't hold a candle to Putin's hold on power.

Would you defend the world if it declared war on us and started murdering civilian? We have way more than 900 neo-nazis here. No, of course you would not, because whatever your real reason for defending Putin is, it is not the existence of Azov. It would be wildly insane to defend a murderous invasion of a country of 44,000,000 because it has 900 bad people somewhere in it, so I do not believe that is what you are really doing.

What are you really doing? What's it matter? You're defending evil. The specific label it's given is largely irrelevant.

The Tigerace117 agenda.... due to Nazi collaborator Stephan Bandera's actions during WWII, and the private/volunteer Azov Battalion in 2014, Putin is entitled to invade Ukraine, level cities, and kill thousands including children.

This is akin to justifying the destruction of the entire United States due the misdeeds of Nathan Bedford Forrest and today's Proud Boys.

Repeatedly demanding evidence that you plainly mean to declare not evidence is just about the dumbest internet tactic out there.

Like...

What's gonna happen if he plays? He collects all the same posts of yours that he based his prior assessment on, and you say for the second time that they are not evidence of Stalinism? And...what... this will cause other people to think that RV has failed to support his claim? As if anyone could possibly think that someone loudly insisting they are not a Stalinist will say "ahhh, I see now, I AM one!" after being reminded of their words?

<><><>

At any rate, I'm not sure what else to call someone who defends a brutal war against innocent civilians because ~900 of them joined a volunteer paramilitary group accused of having neo-nazis beliefs.

Gee, I must have missed when we started actively recruiting our Neo Nazis into the Army. The desperation of the false equivalences is truly a sight to behold.

Good thing I’m not “defending the invasion”......simply condemning active state support for a Neo Nazi unit. And, quite frankly, I don’t give a shit of you find that “insane”.

The Tigerace117 agenda.... due to Nazi collaborator Stephan Bandera's actions during WWII, and the private/volunteer Azov Battalion in 2014, Putin is entitled to invade Ukraine, level cities, and kill thousands including children.

This is akin to justifying the destruction of the entire United States due the misdeeds of Nathan Bedford Forrest and today's Proud Boys.

Oh look, RogueValley is throwing out hysterical accusations again. Still waiting on that “proof” of me being a Stalinist bud 😂

Gee, I must have missed when we started actively recruiting our Neo Nazis into the Army. <>

Ummm . . .

That's kinda what the extremist purge is about. We do. We did.

Point-blank, exactly how much does your defense of Putin's invasion go? You keep responding to everything about Azov. We have more neo-nazis, yes we have them in our military, and no their existence in Ukraine or its military (like a thousand guys...seriously) does not justify a damned thing Putin would do. There are too many reasons your position is wrong.

The easiest is that your rationale would justify world invasion of America. We have more and in similar places. That is a stupid rationale.

Ummm . . .

The US military kicking Nazis out is very different than giving Neo Nazis full state sponsorship and incorporating them into the military…..which is what happened with Azov.

Ummm . . .

Point-blank, exactly how much does your defense of Putin's invasion go? You keep responding to everything about Azov. We have more neo-nazis, yes we have them in our military, and no their existence in Ukraine or its military (like a thousand guys...seriously) does not justify a damned thing Putin would do. There are too many reasons your position is wrong.

The easiest is that your rationale would justify world invasion of America. We have more and in similar places. That is a stupid rationale.

He invents the idiotic Banderas/Azov rationale to mask his pro-Putin agenda.

Is the risk of being a NATO member less or greater than being neutral - and without the protect of the most powerful military force in the world?
I agree with this from a former top Finnish minister:

I mentioned this in an earlier thread.
As soon as Finland or Sweden submit a request to join NATO, they should have full protection of NATO, while the application is considered

trump's genius screwing his own country

When you don't have anything to say, just fall back on a president from 15 months ago.

An easy target.
it's not like he had a rally yesterday or anything.

Back
Top Bottom