• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finland Races Toward Likely NATO Membership as Putin's Warnings Backfire

Nobody said they were about to invade Finland, just that their joining of NATO is a great idea that protects their own interests. So, precisely why it makes you so mad.

Read post 13 and then get back to me on that one bud šŸ™„

Again, the Russians have been more than happy with Finnish neutrality over the years. The hysterical fearmongering that Russia is going to suddenly invade them for shits and giggles is laughable.
Why threaten Finland and Sweden then? Why care?

Russians have never been happy, with anything neutral over the years. They have quite the record of showing how unhappy they are. People said the same about Ukraine 6 months ago. Lucky Biden saw the forest through the trees.

Uh.....did you read the article? Putin didnā€™t say anything about Finland. A Russian spokeswoman literally just said that Russia would have to respond in some way if they joined NATO, and that that decision would have repercussions, which the Finnish prime minister herself pointed out. Thatā€™s a far cry from a threat of invasion.
Who's he gonna call? Ghost Busters?

What repercussions could a large poor country bring that would send enough fear to Finland they'd refuse a NATO invite?

Cry harder, comrade. Finland is joining NATO and clearly that pisses you off. You Russkies brought this on yourself and your tears are delicious.

Weā€™ll see bud. Finland pretty much said its keeping its options open as much as the Russians are.

But hey, maybe you can fearmonger some more, we know how much you love that šŸ™„

Who's he gonna call? Ghost Busters?

What repercussions could a large poor country bring that would send enough fear to Finland they'd refuse a NATO invite?

The same kind of tactics they used during the Night Frost Crisis. Duh.

Why threaten Finland and Sweden then? Why care?

Russians have never been happy, with anything neutral over the years. They have quite the record of showing how unhappy they are. People said the same about Ukraine 6 months ago. Lucky Biden saw the forest through the trees.

For the same reason America has spent the last fifty plus years threatening Cuba.

But then again, the fact that Finland wasnā€™t spun off as a a puppet state says otherwise.....quite clearly.

Weā€™ll see bud. Finland pretty much said its keeping its options open as much as the Russians are.

But hey, maybe you can fearmonger some more, we know how much you love that šŸ™„
Finland deciding to join NATO has nothing to do with fear mongering, especially from me. I think you radically overestimate how much influence I have over Finland.

You may hate it, but nations have a right to defend themselves, tovarish.

Finland deciding to join NATO has nothing to do with fear mongering, especially from me. I think you radically overestimate how much influence I have over Finland.

You may hate it, but nations have a right to defend themselves, tovarish.

Oh, it absolutely does. ā€œJoin NATO or Russia will invade you!ā€ is the definition of fearmongering.

Gee, unless they happen to be in a strategic location and opposed to Saudi Arabia. Then we get a whole bunch of fearmongering about Iranian influence and a bombing campaign that makes Putinā€™s look tame while America sells Riyadh everything it could ever need.

By that ā€œlogicā€, just because America hasnā€™t been historically interested in annexing all of Mexico doesnā€™t mean it wonā€™t suddenly wake up one day and decide it wants to, so Mexico should join the SCO and ask the Chinese to station large numbers of troops there šŸ™„
If the US had already annexed Quebec and was currently involved in a military invasion of the rest of Canada, then yes, Mexico absolutely should ask the Chinese for a defensive alliance against US expansion.

If the US had already annexed Quebec and was currently involved in a military invasion of the rest of Canada, then yes, Mexico absolutely should ask the Chinese for a defensive alliance against US expansion.

Historically speaking the US annexed over half of Mexico, conducted multiple ā€œpunitiveā€ campaigns across the Mexican border, allowed law enforcement to likewise ignore the border and occasionally commit outright atrocities against Mexican citizens, and engaged in fearmongering over Mexican citizens ā€œinvadingā€ the US, with the idea of fortifying the border being a popular one amongst numerous Americans.

Gee, once again, by your logic Mexico should ally with China tomorrow since you never know what the US might decide to do next šŸ™„

Historically speaking the US annexed over half of Mexico, conducted multiple ā€œpunitiveā€ campaigns across the Mexican border, allowed law enforcement to likewise ignore the border and occasionally commit outright atrocities against Mexican citizens, and engaged in fearmongering over Mexican citizens ā€œinvadingā€ the US, with the idea of fortifying the border being a popular one amongst numerous Americans.

Gee, once again, by your logic Mexico should ally with China tomorrow since you never know what the US might decide to do next šŸ™„
The US isn't currently invading Canada. Sweden and Finland shouldn't act on what Russia did centuries ago, but they should act on what Russia is doing right now before their very eyes. NATO membership is an absolute necessity for any country that is bordering Russia, unless they are interested in becoming a part of it.

The US isn't currently invading Canada. Sweden and Finland shouldn't act on what Russia did centuries ago, but they should act on what Russia is doing right now before their very eyes. NATO membership is an absolute necessity for any country that is bordering Russia, unless they are interested in becoming a part of it.

Hysterical fearmongering canā€™t change the facts, no matter how much you squirm.

Hysterical fearmongering canā€™t change the facts, no matter how much you squirm.
That's what I said. Historical fearmongering shouldn't factor in. Sweden and Finland shouldn't act on what Russia did centuries ago, but they should act on what Russia is doing right now before their very eyes. NATO membership is an absolute necessity for any country that is bordering Russia, unless they are interested in becoming a part of it.

That's what I said. Historical fearmongering shouldn't factor in. Sweden and Finland shouldn't act on what Russia did centuries ago, but they should act on what Russia is doing right now before their very eyes. NATO membership is an absolute necessity for any country that is bordering Russia, unless they are interested in becoming a part of it.

CURRENT fearmongering is entirely what you are doing....still.

CURRENT fearmongering is entirely what you are doing....still.
It isn't fear mongering. Russia is currently bombing the shit out of Ukrainian civilians and committing war crimes against the populace. This is an appropriate thing for Finland and Sweden to fear right now. Russia has proven it is capable of it.

Your argument is akin to telling lower middle class people not to lock their doors at night or buy firearms for self-defense, since there is no evidence that the burglar hitting houses in their neighborhood every night would want to target their house. You are behaving irresponsibly when you suggest that other countries have nothing to fear from Russia. Russia has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that they absolutely DO have something to fear. Russia is expansionistic and willing to kill civilians to get what they want, and are actively threatening other nations with the same treatment.

You are on the wrong side of history on this one, friend.

The sheer mental incompetence of some members is only overshadowed by their obvious propaganda shortcomings.

God they are bad at this.

It isn't fear mongering. Russia is currently bombing the shit out of Ukrainian civilians and committing war crimes against the populace. This is an appropriate thing for Finland and Sweden to fear right now. Russia has proven it is capable of it.

Your argument is akin to telling lower middle class people not to lock their doors at night or buy firearms for self-defense, since there is no evidence that the burglar hitting houses in their neighborhood every night would want to target their house. You are behaving irresponsibly when you suggest that other countries have nothing to fear from Russia. Russia has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that they absolutely DO have something to fear. Russia is expansionistic and willing to kill civilians to get what they want, and are actively threatening other nations with the same treatment.

You are on the wrong side of history on this one, friend.

Which doesnā€™t change the fact that Finland and Ukraineā€™s situations arenā€™t even remotely comparable, no matter how much you squirm.

Your post is akin to the fearmongering gun companies do every time a Democratic President gets elected. ā€œTheyā€™re coming for you! Theyā€™re gonna get you unless you listen to us!ā€ šŸ™„

Not only is it fearmongering, itā€™s DUMB fearmongering to boot.

The sheer mental incompetence of some members is only overshadowed by their obvious propaganda shortcomings.

God they are bad at this.

You certainly are. No wonder you have to make a thousand threads a day to try and compensate.

A hilarious threat to make for a number of reasons, the least of which is their current performance in Ukraine.
Yes, but they still have over 6000 nukes which everyone is afraid of.
That is precisely why NATO has sat back and watched Ukraine get destroyed and their civilians slaughtered.

STILL waiting on that evidence of me being a ā€œStalinistā€ bud.

Funny how itā€™s yet to materialize. Hmm, I wonder why šŸ™„ šŸ˜‚

Repeatedly demanding evidence that you plainly mean to declare not evidence is just about the dumbest internet tactic out there.

Like...

What's gonna happen if he plays? He collects all the same posts of yours that he based his prior assessment on, and you say for the second time that they are not evidence of Stalinism? And...what... this will cause other people to think that RV has failed to support his claim? As if anyone could possibly think that someone loudly insisting they are not a Stalinist will say "ahhh, I see now, I AM one!" after being reminded of their words?

<><><>

At any rate, I'm not sure what else to call someone who defends a brutal war against innocent civilians because ~900 of them joined a volunteer paramilitary group accused of having neo-nazis beliefs.

Would you defend the world if it declared war on us and started murdering civilian? We have way more than 900 neo-nazis here. No, of course you would not, because whatever your real reason for defending Putin is, it is not the existence of Azov. It would be wildly insane to defend a murderous invasion of a country of 44,000,000 because it has 900 bad people somewhere in it, so I do not believe that is what you are really doing.

What are you really doing? What's it matter? You're defending evil. The specific label it's given is largely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom