• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finland is ready to fight Moscow in case of attack "Finland has been preparing for a Moscow attack for decades and will offer fierce resistance if

America is NOT ready to wage your war of aggression bud.
America is not going to fight Russia... all we have to do is send some mediocre, poorly equipped, part time soldiers over there to defeat Russia.

America is not going to fight Russia... all we have to do is send some mediocre, poorly equipped, part time soldiers over there to defeat Russia.

Sending over “mediocre, poorly equipped, part time soldiers” would be a good way to get our asses kicked.

They're getting there. I bet they will be by the end of the year.
Before that... just a couple of months. Regardless, they already have some NATO protection. Nations in the process of joining...

Sending over “mediocre, poorly equipped, part time soldiers” would be a good way to get our asses kicked.
Not us... just some homeless guys from Europe. Russia can't even defeat Ukraine. No need for us to worry about Finland with some NATO protection.

Not us... just some homeless guys from Europe. Russia can't even defeat Ukraine. No need for us to worry about Finland with some NATO protection.

I mean, if you want everyone pointing and laughing at American incompetence be my guest 😂

I mean, if you want everyone pointing and laughing at American incompetence be my guest 😂
I am pretty sure that Russia could not withstand that sort of opponent.

I am pretty sure that Russia could not withstand that sort of opponent.

You literally said to send over “mediocre soldiers”, so it’s a safe bet they could, in fact, do so.

You literally said to send over “mediocre soldiers”, so it’s a safe bet they could, in fact, do so.
Yeah. Mediocre soldiers that were homeless with substandard weapons and gear.

I said NATO is a force multiplier to Canada national security and stability in the world.

Canada is also a valued founding member of NATO and a member of the G-7 group of the most economically advanced nations of the world.

So defense is not a question of price in Canada, it's a matter of denial and obstruction led by posters here who are bold and strident against the Canadian armed forces and NATO itself.
ok, point taken

However they were and remain the largest trophy of the Fighter Mafia represented by Pierre Sprey's lying ****ing ass. A nation of Doves willing to believe any lie about the F35.
They were an orginal partner in the ariplane but lies you maybe told or heard scared the poop out of the wimpy liblerals and now more than a decade later the choices to replace their old airforce is down to the F35 and the Gripen which is the only one/two finish an air force man could make for them back then (even though it is now down to first place and second place think of it more like '73 Belmont)... the order of finish is meaningless.

Sabre rattling is the last thing Finland should be doing.
I disagree. Puketin....er I mean Putin thought Ukraine would be a 48 hour push over. If he had had an inkling of how much of a fight Ukraine would put up, I don't think he would have invaded.

ok, point taken

However they were and remain the largest trophy of the Fighter Mafia represented by Pierre Sprey's lying ****ing ass. A nation of Doves willing to believe any lie about the F35.
They were an orginal partner in the ariplane but lies you maybe told or heard scared the poop out of the wimpy liblerals and now more than a decade later the choices to replace their old airforce is down to the F35 and the Gripen which is the only one/two finish an air force man could make for them back then (even though it is now down to first place and second place think of it more like '73 Belmont)... the order of finish is meaningless.
Yeah, either plane will do of course as each is awesome in its own right. USA needs every break it can get of course given the prima donnas up North and across the Pond throughout Europe -- Paris, Berlin, Rome and Athens especially.

Canada always has been the USA integral partner in the North American Aerospace Defense Command in Nebraska to deter Russia making a mass nuclear armed missile attack against the the continent. As we know, NORAD controls a swarm of nuclear armed ICBMs that would be used in a MAD scenario.

Still though in most of Canada shit don't stink so PM Diefenbaker the criminal defense lawyer muddled JFK wanting to include NORAD silos in Canada which never happened despite the General supreme NATO allied commander saying it was Canada's duty as a (founding) member state. Diefenbaker refused the Arrow jet fighter for the Canada AF that went without instead, relying entirely on the USA for its national defense -- all well and good actually cause it's cool for the US to own a country ruled by the British throne. Even West Germany then the unified Germany accepted nuclear warheads on its soil although the then Chancellor and sourpuss sauerkraut Helmut Kohl had the balls to require Reagan to visit a Waffen SS cemetery before he would agree. The lessons being that while Canada can get high and mighty and greedy too Germany keeps finding new lows in both war and peace. Never a thank you from either of course.

whoa!
Canada is nothing to NATO... It has virtually no ground force or navy and it's air force is falling out of the sky. It has two oceans, the USA, and the north poll surrounding and protecting it. For cris sake Canada is a flower nation of the opinion that their defense should be nohting more than a limp wrist and the four walls mentioned. They refuses the F35 because "it is too offensive" even though they signed up for it.

If Tredeau vanishes we can talk

or put another way: don't be stupid and speak of that you understand or stfu
Do let us know when a country tries to invade Canada.

ok, point taken

Oh yeah the fighter mafia i remember hearing about those lolcows.

Yeah, either plane will do of course.
yes and no.
Only a fully networked military wherein the data from every radar or computer in the Navy, Army, and air force is merged and processed aboard every ship, tank, and aircraft will NATO become who we are becoming. This was my reference to Secretariat. It was not that he was first, it was how incredibly far ahead he was at the finish. The Gripen is the best second best. Not anywhere near a winner like Big Red.

BTW all NATO nations are looking to work with us and design the next OS for the next network. This is the biggest story in all the Military journals over the last decade

yes and no.
Only a fully networked military wherein the data from every radar or computer in the Navy, Army, and air force is merged and processed aboard every ship, tank, and aircraft will NATO become who we are becoming. This was my reference to Secretariat. It was not that he was first, it was how incredibly far ahead he was at the finish. The Gripen is the best second best. Not anywhere near a winner like Big Red.

BTW all NATO nations are looking to work with us and design the next OS for the next network. This is the biggest story in all the Military journals over the last decade
Agreed of course as I was a bit fast and loose to say as I did that "either plane will do." While that is accurate, I didn't take another moment as you did to say the interoperability factor is critical to lives, equipment, the mission as we continue on to smaller and better things.

The Finns are a lot tougher than most people realize.

Putin thinks the Ukrainians are giving him a hard time? He will think he stuck his hand in a woodchipper in Finland...

Like I told you... the Russians are a joke.

America lost to goatherders who didn’t even have tanks....or anyone pouring in hundreds of millions of dollars worth of advanced weaponry.

America lost to goatherders who didn’t even have tanks....or anyone pouring in hundreds of millions of dollars worth of advanced weaponry.

That was because they were trying to fight in a jungle and jungle fighting is a massive advantage to defenders.

There are just so many ways to ambush troops and just cause general havok and that's before you start talking about the conditions being really harsh on advanced combat gear.
Vietnam is not a nice place to have a war.
It's not the nice, rolling hills of Europe.

That was because they were trying to fight in a jungle and jungle fighting is a massive advantage to defenders.

There are just so many ways to ambush troops and just cause general havok and that's before you start talking about the conditions being really harsh on advanced combat gear.
Vietnam is not a nice place to have a war.
It's not the nice, rolling hills of Europe.

Well, actually I was specifically talking about Afghanistan. North Vietnam’s conventional military was actually very skilled and professional. Their Air Force, for instance, gave the US about all it could handle.

Back
Top Bottom