• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finland is ready to fight Moscow in case of attack "Finland has been preparing for a Moscow attack for decades and will offer fierce resistance if

Hell, I'm up to a proper European Ground war. It's been too damn long.
We can ration gas and sell bonds again! Make f-35s in the Tesla factories. We can lend lease Ukraine and teach our girl children how to rivet with a bandana in their hair.

Oh the good old days.

Hell, I'm up to a proper European Ground war. It's been too damn long.
We can ration gas and sell bonds again! Make f-35s in the Tesla factories. We can lend lease Ukraine and teach our girl children how to rivet with a bandana in their hair.

Oh the good old days.
It does not seem quite so funny to those of us closer to the rogue state that is Russia. Nor to me - I experienced WWII for three years while the US was at peace.

Litwin:

Your question was 'are our countries ready to fight Russia?'. Given the appalling condition of the Canadian Armed Forces, we are not. That was what the "No" meant. Canada does not have the means to fight Russia and alas, we will not have that capability for years to come.

Be well.
Evilroddy.

Litwin:

Your question was 'are our countries ready to fight Russia?'. Given the appalling condition of the Canadian Armed Forces, we are not. That was what the "No" meant. Canada does not have the means to fight Russia and alas, we will not have that capability for years to come.
Canada is a founding member of NATO which has demonstrated in relation to Ukraine is the most powerful military alliance of history.

A defensive alliance of democracies.

Which frustrates totally the old approach by bully powers such as Russia to pick 'em off one at a time, individually, separately, isolated and alone.

Busted.

Canada is a founding member of NATO which has demonstrated in relation to Ukraine is the most powerful military alliance of history.

Which frustrates totally the old approach by bully powers such as Russia to pick 'em off one at a time, individually, separately, isolated and alone.

Busted.

“ A defensive alliance of democracies.”

Congrats, literally none of that is true.

Busted.
Send in the cadets!

Send in the cadets!
I said nothing about cadets in my reply to you, or at all.

I understand from my many visits to Canada over decades (from Boston) that you're used to long and Arctic frigid winters, which can make the brief summer and its heat burdensome.

If not cause delirium in some folk. Trying to use Canada as a military baseline is but one serious indicator.

Finland is ready to fight Moscow in case of attack "Finland has been preparing for a Moscow attack for decades and will offer fierce resistance if it happens," said Armed Forces Commander-in-Chief Timo Kivinen
“I did what I was told to do, as well as I could. There would be no Finland unless everyone else had done the same” – Simo Häyhä

THIS is how to respond to Moscow threats. With a firm response. Finland knows how to handle Putin and his regime better than most

Is your country ready to fight the Muscovites ?

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

James Mattis

Sounds like Finland takes that quote to heart.

Busted.
Tangmo:

Your point being? We don't have the kit, the heavy weapons, the planes, the ships and the subs nor the logistic resources to fight Russia. Our armed forces are an impotent shambles which is preoccupied with less martial issues like sexual harassment inquiries and senior officers allegedly leaking embarrassing secrets right now. We'd have a hard time fighting off the Grand Duchy of Fenwick let alone Russia, which is right next door to us too. We cannot carry our weight in NATO right now. That was my point.

I think you missed my point, again, along with Litwin.

So much for your Gotcha! posting, eh?

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

Finland is ready to fight Moscow in case of attack "Finland has been preparing for a Moscow attack for decades and will offer fierce resistance if it happens," said Armed Forces Commander-in-Chief Timo Kivinen
“I did what I was told to do, as well as I could. There would be no Finland unless everyone else had done the same” – Simo Häyhä

THIS is how to respond to Moscow threats. With a firm response. Finland knows how to handle Putin and his regime better than most

Is your country ready to fight the Muscovites ?

Finland should join NATO. They haven't but I bet if Russia attacks they will ask the US and western European NATO members for help.

Send in the cadets!
Rexedgar:

We have precious few of them too! Shall we send them with what we euphemistically call notional weapons systems*?

* Nada!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Rexedgar:

We have precious few of them too! Shall we send them with what we euphemistically call notional weapons systems*?

* Nada!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
Shot rattled off the woodwork! (Point sailed wide)

The poster i was replying to has a thing for cadets.

Tangmo:

Your point being? We don't have the kit, the heavy weapons, the planes, the ships and the subs nor the logistic resources to fight Russia. Our armed forces are an impotent shambles which is preoccupied with less martial issues like sexual harassment inquiries and senior officers allegedly leaking embarrassing secrets right now. We'd have a hard time fighting off the Grand Duchy of Fenwick let alone Russia, which is right next door to us too. We cannot carry our weight in NATO right now. That was my point.

I think you missed my point, again, along with Litwin.

So much for your Gotcha! posting, eh?

Be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.
You yourself haven't any point up there in the vast Frozen North.

The only points you yourself have up there are icicles.

So as I'd posted in scrolling, Canada is a founding member of NATO and that NATO is what's known as a nation's force multiplier.

And it's the case that virtually every place the US armed forces go globally some Canadian armed forces go right along with 'em.

Canadian Navy has a frigate doing Freedom of Navigation Ops in the Taiwan Strait as but one instance. Yeah, all the way over there and right up Beijing's nose besides.

You meanwhile work to disparage your armed forces. Denigrate 'em. Disparage 'em. Trash 'em. To include anyone anywhere who speaks well of 'em.

You yourself haven't any point up there in the vast Frozen North.

The only points you yourself have up there are icicles.

So as I'd posted in scrolling, Canada is a founding member of NATO and that NATO is what's known as a nation's force multiplier.

And it's the case that virtually every place the US armed forces go globally some Canadian armed forces go right along with 'em.

Canadian Navy has a frigate doing Freedom of Navigation Ops in the Taiwan Strait as but one instance. Yeah, all the way over there and right up Beijing's nose besides.

You meanwhile work to disparage your armed forces. Denigrate 'em. Disparage 'em. Trash 'em. To include anyone anywhere who speaks well of 'em.
Tamgmo:

I am not disparaging the Canadian military nor am I denigrating anyone - yet. I'm just giving you the cold hard facts of the matter., You can verify what I said from this recent article regarding the concerns of the commander of the Canadian Army.

The airforce is in a similar pickle. The navy is in slightly better shape except that none of our four diesel electric subs are sea-worthy right now. Of the 16 frigates only 13 are fit for service at this point. Our recruitment is way down do to Covid-19, poor pay, weak benefits and limited capacity to properly learn and practice a soldier's trade. From a military standpoint we're f'd up here until we can get this mess sorted out.

Denigrating bit here:

Unfortunately we cannot send preening and pampered parade-park peacocks to pointlessly posture and peck potential Putin pugilistic personnel around Poltava. We need real combat soldiers, not parade penguins. That or we need drunken pipers!

Be well.
Evilroddy.

Tamgmo:

Unfortunately we cannot send preening and pampered parade-park peacocks to pointlessly posture and peck potential Putin pugilistic personnel around Poltava. We need real combat soldiers, not parade penguins. That or we need drunken pipers!

Be well.
Evilroddy.
You denigrate one authorized and honorable function of the armed services that are executed by regular forces and you denigrate and degrade them all which definitely is your proclivity.

You do indeed fail to communicate regret over the state of the Royal Canadian Armed Forces of Her Majesty The Queen who with much pomp and ceremony just celebrated her platinum period on the throne.

Canada National Day is July 1st of course. So the bomb is in your court. So to speak of course.

Relax. Russia can barely handle Ukraine. It's not attacking anywhere as well equipped as Finland.

Busted.
whoa!
Canada is nothing to NATO... It has virtually no ground force or navy and it's air force is falling out of the sky. It has two oceans, the USA, and the north poll surrounding and protecting it. For cris sake Canada is a flower nation of the opinion that their defense should be nohting more than a limp wrist and the four walls mentioned. They refuses the F35 because "it is too offensive" even though they signed up for it.

If Tredeau vanishes we can talk

or put another way: don't be stupid and speak of that you understand or stfu

whoa!
Canada is nothing to NATO... It has virtually no ground force or navy and it's air force is falling out of the sky. It has two oceans, the USA, and the north poll surrounding and protecting it. For cris sake Canada is a flower nation of the opinion that their defense should be nohting more than a limp wrist and the four walls mentioned. They refuses the F35 because "it is too offensive" even though they signed up for it.

If Tredeau vanishes we can talk

Remove your inside the Canada border blinders plse thx...

Since September 2015, about 200 CAF personnel have been deployed to Ukraine as part of Operation Unifier, a joint support mission between Canada, the U.S., and the U.K. The mission’s primary objective is to provide training to the Ukrainian military to help them defend against Russian aggression. Operation Impact is Canada’s contribution to the U.S.-led multinational coalition fighting against ISIS in Iraq. There [were] approximately 830 CAF members stationed in Iraq under Operation Impact. The mission included air operations, training and advising to Iraqi forces and regional capacity building. Canadian troops on the ground involved in training, advising and assisting Iraqi security forces in developing their military skills.

image.jpg

Canadian Armed Forces troops train Ukraine recruits in advance of the Russian invasion Feb 24th.

At the request of Global Affairs Canada, CAF members have been serving in support functions at the Canadian embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. According to Canada’s Department of National Defence, the number of troops stationed there is “limited” and the embassy’s security requirements are not discussed out of concern for safety. Operation Addenda began in May 2014 when 16 CAF personnel were sent to the Canadian embassy to protect the ambassador and staff. Operation Caribbe is Canada’s involvement in a multinational effort to prevent illegal drug trafficking by organized crime in the Caribbean Sea and the eastern Pacific Ocean. Canada currently has three Kingston Class ships and approximately 120 CAF members supporting the operation. HMCS Kingston has been patrolling the Caribbean Sea since Oct. 18, 2016. HMCS Brandon and HMCS Edmonton have been monitoring the eastern Pacific Ocean since Oct. 25, 2016. As part of Operation Caribbe, Canada sends ships and aircraft to support Operation Martillo – a joint, multinational effort led by the U.S. to counter the illicit drug trade on the seas since 2012.

There's more yet there are limits in posting by both the rules and by practicality.

I'd already mentioned and you ignored the Royal Canadian Navy has a frigate doing Freedom of Navigation Ops in the Taiwan Strait which puts Canada right up Beijing's nose. You Canadians need to find out what your government is doing with the armed forces you also ignore and know nothing about except to take pride in its limitations you guys impose, encourage, pursue. Indeed, there's a lot of strident and insistent pride going on here by you guys up there in your miserable military as youse guys self describe it.

whoa!
Canada is nothing to NATO.

I said NATO is a force multiplier to Canada national security and stability in the world.

Canada is also a valued founding member of NATO and a member of the G-7 group of the most economically advanced nations of the world.

So defense is not a question of price in Canada, it's a matter of denial and obstruction led by posters here who are bold and strident against the Canadian armed forces and NATO itself.

Back
Top Bottom