• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finally, some encouraging news about Facebook... from a conservative

I must say that I've very encouraged that steps are going to be taken to correct the liberal bias issue surrounding Facebook and their trending news feature. The reason I'm so encouraged is because of this interview with the president of the Media Research Center, Brent Bozell, who along with other conservatives, attended a meeting at the request of Facebook president Mark Zukerburg to discuss the issue.

You will be hard pressed to find a more outspoken, anti-liberal biased media spokesperson than Brent Bozell, so if he is encouraged to the point of defending Zukerburg and Facebook, that is really saying something. I just hope he's right.

Check out what he has to say about the meeting:

MRC?s Brent Bozell Explains What Really Happened at Facebook Meeting | MRCTV

Does Brent Bozell send a trickle down your leg?

Thanks for the articles! I'll get to them when I have a few hours. Just wondering why you personally believe Facebook is so influential for businesses. Do you normally go to Facebook when looking for a particular service? If so, what do you glean from it that you couldn't from a website, which is what most businesses already have?

Thanks for the articles! I'll get to them when I have a few hours. Just wondering why you personally believe Facebook is so influential for businesses. Do you normally go to Facebook when looking for a particular service? If so, what do you glean from it that you couldn't from a website, which is what most businesses already have?

Looking for a service, no. Following services, stores and such that I frequent, yes. It is handy that way, as they are delivered to you, just what you are interested in and ask for, all in one place.

Looking for a service, no. Following services, stores and such that I frequent, yes. It is handy that way, as they are delivered to you, just what you are interested in and ask for, all in one place.

:yawn: Great, thanks.

"Social media has been inspiring change in the way business leaders interact with their customer base. And for good reasons. Companies that adopt social technologies can see a 50 percent increase in customer satisfaction, 48 percent increase in business leads, and 24 percent increase in revenue...." The Facebook Effect In The Business World | Big Think

I don't have a Facebook account; I just know that it's an important marketing tool.

From a WaPo article on the growth of the Central Oregon Constitutional Guard and other patriot groups:

Now a “Second Wave” is spreading across the country, especially in the West, fueled by the Internet and social media. J.J. MacNab, an author and George Washington University researcher who specializes in extremism, said social media has allowed individuals or small groups such as Soper’s to become far more influential than in the 1990s, when the groups would spread their message through meetings at local diners and via faxes.

...“I saw you guys on Facebook,” said Glenn Golter, 42, a flooring contractor whose clothes were covered with dust after a day’s work. “I like it that you stick up for our constitutional rights.”

These ‘patriots’ want to protect the Constitution…by any means necessary | The Washington Post

Businesses want to do business with conservatives and liberals alike. While there might be a political bent with management, it shouldn't and normally does not enter into business operations. Let me give you a personal example.

I used to accept Paypal on my web site. One day I got a phone call from a Paypal employee asking me to remove some products from my site because Paypal didn't want them sold via Paypal. I refused to accede to their demand but offered to remove Paypal from my payment options and did so. That didn't satisfy the person and he arranged to have my Paypal account closed.

Obviously it is not the policy of Paypal to close the accounts of customers who no longer accept Paypal as a payment option. The record at Paypal shows that the account was closed in order to force me stop accepting Paypal. That occurred after I voluntarily stopped accepting Paypal. It was a person misapplying a policy at Paypal that did this, not the policy itself. To me it is exactly the same as the Facebook "controversy." It is a management issue, not a political one.

I also remember once having some members of the local Republican party come to my retail store and ask permission to put up some political signs. My response was "are you crazy?" Why did they think I would want to run the risk of turning off potential democrat customers? While this kind of thing can happen in business it is pretty rare that a management would choose to refuse business to someone because of political bent. It simply doesn't make any sense to turn off potential customers let alone current customers. It is very bad business. I suspect someone at facebook had a tough meeting with management.

Last edited:
This stupid bull**** is still in the news?

Facebook is a social networking product/company. It's not a news production company, less so one that has claimed to be "fair and balanced."

Regardless of what it has said in the past about its news feed algorithms, nobody ever had any business expecting it to be absolutely neutral. If anyone is still mad at facebook, read the bolded until you wake up repeating it in the middle of the night.

This stupid bull**** is still in the news?

Facebook is a social networking product/company. It's not a news production company, less so one that has claimed to be "fair and balanced."

Regardless of what it has said in the past about its news feed algorithms, nobody ever had any business expecting it to be absolutely neutral. If anyone is still mad at facebook, read the bolded until you wake up repeating it in the middle of the night.

How would you react if your hometown started a program where anyone could print fliers and hang them in a downtown park, for whatever purpose at all, but then systematically came through every night and took down every flier that had anything at all to do with any liberal issue?

Hunh.

IMO Facebook has no value. Maybe as a toy for college kids, but otherwise it is just another crutch preventing people from learning how to develop proper interpersonal relationship skills.

I add Twitter, WeChat, Tumbler, Instagram...hell any Social Media turning society into a mass of outspoken but socially inept attention-whores.

Just because it was slightly harder before Facebook to get people's attention doesn't mean we haven't always been a bunch of socially inept attention whores.

Facebook has no value for you, and that's fine. To say that it, therefore, has no value (period) is just ridiculous.

How would you react if your hometown started a program where anyone could print fliers and hang them in a downtown park, for whatever purpose at all, but then systematically came through every night and took down every flier that had anything at all to do with any liberal issue?

My local government? That would be a 1st Amd. issue.

So too would it be a 1st Amd. issue if miffed conservatives tried to punish a social networking corporation for perceived unfairness in a news feed. Then again, these are probably the same people who want Trump to be able to take punitive action against articles in the free press that fail to polish his knob, metaphorically speaking...

Funny how they forgot about that...what was it.... that "net neutrality" that pissed them off so much (allegedly)?

This is what I think of Facebook

I despise Facebook.

My local government? That would be a 1st Amd. issue.

So too would it be a 1st Amd. issue if miffed conservatives tried to punish a social networking corporation for perceived unfairness in a news feed. Then again, these are probably the same people who want Trump to be able to take punitive action against articles in the free press that fail to polish his knob, metaphorically speaking...

Funny how they forgot about that...what was it.... that "net neutrality" that pissed them off so much (allegedly)?

How would that be a 1st Amendment issue? Anyone can hang whatever they wish.

Back
Top Bottom