• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finally, Oregon Decriminalizes 'Hard' Drugs.

I would never be good at Twitter...

Another interesting article popped up for me today about psilocybin and end of life anxiety most specifically. With ingestible plant matter (or properly extracted agents), QC is not an issue, and often the information from the private sector on proper usage and what to expect is quite accurate (Erowid comes to mind).
Inside the growing movement to decriminalize psychedelic therapies

I couldn't agree more with the issue of synthetic and black-market purity; back in 1970 my first brush with LSD (it was not such a taboo then) was with an experience with genuine pharmaceutical (Sandos?) produced drug; it was a smooth and enlightening experience. The military person who sourced the capsules (he only had 2), was unable to procure more, so shortly thereafter a black market dealer offered us some 4-way blotter - it was definitely cut with something; we suspected strychnine. It was rough - the unexpected body high was most unpleasant and resulted in a 6 hour long teeth clenching fest. Actual drug effects were familiar, but not what we had hoped. That was such a tun-off that I never tried again.

Thanks, I saw that article. More and more are being published.

I can't think of anything back when that I didn't try, except Bufotenin (glad I didn't), synthetic or what. Try working in a paint factory, pouring various colored and metallic/metal flake paint from huge tanks into 55 gal drums, while on Orange Double-Barrel Sunshine. Didn't spill a drop. Then the fire alarm rings. And the whole plant runs like bats out of hell. Doesn't get better than that.

If you or others are that influenced by a movie (that you either start or increase drinking/drugging because you saw it in a movie or TV show) I would suggest that you get rid of all TVs and streaming devices before you end up as a crack and cocaine addict.

I don't believe the poster was equating the influence of crack and cocaine/drugs in movies/TV on people as being the same as with alcohol as you do. I think the poster can hold on to those devices for the time being and not take your ill-placed advice.

It was once outlawed - you do remember prohibition, don't you?

It was not eliminated. You remember about all the illegal joints during prohibition, don't you?

I don't believe the poster was equating the influence of crack and cocaine/drugs in movies/TV on people as being the same as with alcohol as you do. I think the poster can hold on to those devices for the time being and not take your ill-placed advice.

No ill-placed advice given; just posting some common sense.

No ill-placed advice given; just posting some common sense.

I didn't say it was not of common sense. But even good common sense given based on false assumption is ill-placed.

I hope ALL states legalize marijuana, and even all drugs. Law enforcement has used the "War On Drugs" to undermine and vacate and ignore every individual right we have under the guise to "drug enforcement". Ever heard of "Knock and Talk"? Once they get you to open the door they claim they smell marijuana, which gives them "probable cause", and then they can legally search the home. And in most homes they can find something "questionable', even prescription drugs in the medicine cabinet. All they need is you to open that door.
Thousands of innocent citizens have had their money stolen by law enforcement while traveling under the criminal practice called "civil forfeiture". Even when it is proven that the money is "legal" they offer to return a portion of it. Sometimes. Maybe, if you got a good lawyer.
Police confiscate more money and property than all the burglaries put together each year. It is a disgrace, and it is disgusting.
We need to just legalize all drugs. It's turned law enforcement into criminals.

Just for the record, I've never been arrested or had anything confiscated. But I know some good people who have had a horrible experience with law enforcement over these practices. Besides, I might be next, who knows?

I hope ALL states legalize marijuana, and even all drugs. Law enforcement has used the "War On Drugs" to undermine and vacate and ignore every individual right we have under the guise to "drug enforcement". Ever heard of "Knock and Talk"? Once they get you to open the door they claim they smell marijuana, which gives them "probable cause", and then they can legally search the home. And in most homes they can find something "questionable', even prescription drugs in the medicine cabinet. All they need is you to open that door.
Thousands of innocent citizens have had their money stolen by law enforcement while traveling under the criminal practice called "civil forfeiture". Even when it is proven that the money is "legal" they offer to return a portion of it. Sometimes. Maybe, if you got a good lawyer.
Police confiscate more money and property than all the burglaries put together each year. It is a disgrace, and it is disgusting.
We need to just legalize all drugs. It's turned law enforcement into criminals.

Just for the record, I've never been arrested or had anything confiscated. But I know some good people who have had a horrible experience with law enforcement over these practices. Besides, I might be next, who knows?

Just a note, the "smelling marijuana" only excuse for law enforcement entering a premises no longer applies as a legal reason.

Back
Top Bottom