• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finally! Mom tased for not wearing a mask

so these people can't spread the varistia we don't have to explain how that works.

opinion noted, it doesn't make people wear masks properly and therefore your opinion doesn't do anything to reduce the spread of the virus. If anything people will not comply despite you so really you're doing more damage to your cause by running your mouth than you are by just leaving it alone.
to show that you're a good little living an obedient little follower. that you can do what you're told and anyone who doesn't is a stupid flat Earth anti-factor why not just say they're racist and fascist too. So? Your insistence means nothing. False. Everything you cited says that wearing a mask properly could possibly reduce the spread. You need to read the things you cite.
I didn't say you said that I was mocking you for the ridiculous nonsense you said.

You said wearing a mask reduces the spread. I suppose I could ask you how and you could return to the bologna about a surgical mask or a piece of cloth stopping vapor which was some absurd nonsense you said earlier. and I challenged you on it and you ran screaming in the other direction instead of addressing it.
no they do not. No expert in the right mind would say that. What the experts say is a mask worn properly may help reduce the spread.

Just because you insist on things doesn't make them facts.

Prattling.

Nothing but prattling.

I can't teach someone who refuses to understand.

CT mentality is an ugly thing.

Prattling.

Nothing but prattling.

I can't teach someone who refuses to understand.

CT mentality is an ugly thing.
This is mostly posturing.

Just about anybody can teach somebody something as long as they have more knowledge about that something.

You failed to teach because you don't know what you're talking about. You didn't even read the sources you posted. You have no clue what the experts say because you didn't read it.

This is a mixture of laziness and arrogance.

This is mostly posturing.

Just about anybody can teach somebody something as long as they have more knowledge about that something.

You failed to teach because you don't know what you're talking about. You didn't even read the sources you posted. You have no clue what the experts say because you didn't read it.

This is a mixture of laziness and arrogance.

You cannot waken someone pretending to sleep.

You cannot waken someone pretending to sleep.

He understands that he's wrong, of course, but it takes character to admit it. He seems to think his testicles will fall off and disappear down the nearest storm drain. He'd probably be surprised to discover that if he wrote something like, "You know what, you're right, I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining that," people would instantly think that he is a smarter, better person that they thought.

But that would be like seeing a mouse on a cat on a dog on a horse in a boat float by.

He understands that he's wrong, of course, but it takes character to admit it. He seems to think his testicles will fall off and disappear down the nearest storm drain. He'd probably be surprised to discover that if he wrote something like, "You know what, you're right, I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining that," people would instantly think that he is a smarter, better person that they thought.

But that would be like seeing a mouse on a cat on a dog on a horse in a boat float by.

He epitomizes the saying "You can teach them but you can't learn them".

Exactly! People with asthma know that screaming, yelling, struggling with someone can trigger an attack. They will absolutely avoid that behavior. Kitts yelling and screaming was a dead give away that she's just using asthma as a freebie card because she doesn't like wearing a mask.
I'll also note two things: people with asthma will avoid triggers, and often that means wearing a mask when outdoors - so the argument that masks trigger asthma has no medical/logical basis; also, she had a mask on her person, so she apparently did use it at some point in history.

She wasn't even smart enough to keep it dropped on her chin and when security was visible put it up until they moved on.

That would have been smart? WTF???????????????

That would have made her an even bigger piece of shit.

She has a chance to win, but it really would come down to the judge who hears the case. It can go either way.
I suspect masking laws will, at some point in the next few years, wind up in front of the SCOTUS. I also suspect they'll strike them down as unconstitutional.

But "in a few years" seems like an eternity away these days.

As I've posted elsewhere on this thread:
I am for making anyone not wearing a mask leave or be charged. I have no issue being consistent. In fact, I'm for police enforcing trespassing laws and even curfews when it comes to protests.

They should be done across the board though. You cannot tell one group/side they are disobeying curfew and must leave, while handing out water to and thanking the other side.

Do you think I would say differently?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

It's not an issue of justification, because I agree the school had legal and moral justification to remove her from the premises. In the United Airlines case from years ago, I likewise argued that United Airlines had the legal and moral justification to haul the Asian man off their aircraft.

I'm considering the greater good--the best course of action--not merely what's justifiable. Call it "tempering justice with wisdom".

Regarding your list: step (4) is where I believe the school and the officer might have acted more wisely. Issue a fine Ms. Kitts if the law allows it. Ban her from reentering the arena (unless she agrees to comply with the law) once she and her son leave. Make it clear to her that she'll be arrested and forcibly removed at that time if she takes the risk.

As I said in #669, she might well dare to reoffend, and in that event I agree the school has no choice but to remove her by any means necessary. However, she won't be amped up on adrenaline at that time. She won't be a cornered animal, embarrassed, contending with fight-or-flight at a time when she's facing down men who she genuinely believes are enforcing a tyrannical and unjust law. Just as importantly, her circumstances no longer make her a sympathetic martyr to the countless millions of citizens who agree with her that men are enforcing a tyrannical and unjust law.

It's a grace. It gives her an "out" and an opportunity to reflect on how seriously the school takes the rule in a setting where she isn't a caged animal.

I assure you: any spectators witnessing the VP and SRO hassle Ms. Kitts, presuming they had inklings of coming unmasked to future games, were disabused of those inklings well prior to her arrest and ejection.

I believe that Ms. Kitts herself almost certainly wouldn't have flouted the law if she'd known she was going to be hassled about it.
The only way to prove she would be "hassled" by it is to hassle her or someone else about it.

Well, reading that statute, I don't agree.

Consider that words like "negligent" and "reckless" have specific legal definitions.

COVIOD-19 is a new concern, and not really legally set as any specific threat level.

I don't see this as standing up in court.
There doesn't need to be any sort of negligence or threat to get kicked off school property for not following school rules.

If a school has a movie night outside for all students and families, you choose to break some rule they set forth for that movie night, such as you cannot wear only black or have something reflective on or no cursing or loud noises during the movie, they can ask you to leave and if you dont, you can have the cops called to remove you either voluntarily or by arrest.

The same as if they have a school dance and say no close dancing, no revealing clothing, or no eating unless sitting or standing in designated area. If someone breaks those rules, they can be asked to leave, particularly if they refuse to fix the problem or repeatedly break the rule. Same results as above.

Are people who speed arrested?

No. They are given citations, and have to appear in court or pay the fine.
Sometimes people are arrested for speeding or for refusing police instructions while getting a ticket for speeding.

Oh please.

She was already allowed on the grounds, but didn't follow the rules.

I don't think that legally qualifies as "trespass."

Sure, she was in the wrong, but two wrong do not make a right.
It absolutely does legally count as trespassing. If you are asked to leave someones property for not following their rules, you are trespassing if you refuse to leave. In fact, in many places you must verbally or somehow indicate a person is not welcome/allowed on your property before it is trespassing.

They can't fine or arrest for not following the mask mandate. It is more of a request than an enforceable law in Ohio.
You cant fine or arrest someone for swearing in public. However, if they are swearing on school property, they can be asked to leave. If they refuse to leave, they can now be arrested for trespassing.

I am for making anyone not wearing a mask leave or be charged. I have no issue being consistent. In fact, I'm for police enforcing trespassing laws and even curfews when it comes to protests.

They should be done across the board though. You cannot tell one group/side they are disobeying curfew and must leave, while handing out water to and thanking the other side.

Do you think I would say differently?

You realized you've just delegitimized most of the protests in the US?

Hey, as long as you can be consistent on the meaning of peaceful protest.:rolleyes:

Hey, as long as you can be consistent on the meaning of peaceful protest.:rolleyes:

This event had zero to do with peaceful protest.

See Karen

See Karen be stupid

See Karen get zapped.

I dont care. Why are you assuming I think protesting any time, anywhere, in any way, even including disobeying other laws in place having nothing to do with the protests is OK? Maybe you should stop with the block/group judgements and focus more on what people are actually posting.

See Karen

See Karen be stupid

See Karen get zapped.
As do most of the protests of Floyd and Taylor's killings, for examples.

See Karen

See Karen be stupid

See Karen get zapped.
Hey, as long as you are consistent on what is and isn't a peaceful protest.

As do most of the protests of Floyd and Taylor's killings, for examples.
Maybe try not deflecting to other topics and discuss this incident?

Back
Top Bottom