• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finally! Mom tased for not wearing a mask

nobody can walk around and make sure everyone wears masks at all times properly. So it's not about controlling the spread of the virus. It's about performance.

And you people running around with white knighting for this nonsense only does damage to the credibility of this and there's going to come a time when everyone takes them off and puts their middle finger right in your face.

If you're scared of the virus stay in your house.

Seeing lemmings try and mock people that are more capable than them of independent thought is really rather ironic and therefore funny.

Just do what you're told obey your masters no thinking necessary.

Intentional ignorance and anti-vaxxer mentality on display.

Lemmings are the people blindly crying "no mask".

What is known is that when used they are effective. There is no debate about that.
then why are you debating it with me
Whether it is 30%, 40% or 99.9% effective is moot.
the question is whether it's even .0001% effective. If the point is moot what the hell are you doing here. Something I don't consider to be debatable is where the sun goes at night so if you tell me that a space wheel swallows it and then barfs it back up in the morning that's not debatable and there won't be any debate about that.
And what is "knuckling under"?
capitulating.
Knowing the requirements and following them?

I guess if I drive sober I am "knuckling under" as well.
this is a false cause there is absolutely no debate being intoxicated well operating a motor vehicle on public roadways causes a hazard. It is debatable whether or not masks work.
Perhaps if I stop at the stop sign I am knuckling under as well.

You are conversing with someone who handled aviation ordnance for twenty years, rides motorcycles (for a couple of hundred thousand miles), reload my own ammo, been detained on weapons charges and have a conviction for misdemeanor traffic violation.

Don't confuse common sense and knowledge with fear or "knuckling under" to the whims of others.
When people say something is common sense they're trying to avoid thinking about it I've heard people call certain forms of gun control common sense it's no more accurate when you say it than when they say it.

You're asking him to think. I admire your optimism.

It's just not possible to know what's down the line that he's assuming.

nobody can walk around and make sure everyone wears masks at all times properly. So it's not about controlling the spread of the virus. It's about performance.

And you people running around with white knighting for this nonsense only does damage to the credibility of this and there's going to come a time when everyone takes them off and puts their middle finger right in your face.

If you're scared of the virus stay in your house.

Well so far Ms Kitt using that middle finger got her a jolt of reality. And I sure didn't see a stampede of parents rushing to help her out. You might be surprised like she was.

As I already said, if her asthma was so bad she couldn't wear a mask, all that yelling and struggling would have had her gasping for an inhaler.

Intentional ignorance and anti-vaxxer mentality on display.

Lemmings are the people blindly crying "no mask".
Ad hominems once again. When an authority tells you to do something and you obey that's being a lemon when you stop and question it that's thinking for yourself.

then why are you debating it with me
the question is whether it's even .0001% effective. If the point is moot what the hell are you doing here. Something I don't consider to be debatable is where the sun goes at night so if you tell me that a space wheel swallows it and then barfs it back up in the morning that's not debatable and there won't be any debate about that.
capitulating.
this is a false cause there is absolutely no debate being intoxicated well operating a motor vehicle on public roadways causes a hazard. It is debatable whether or not masks work.

When people say something is common sense they're trying to avoid thinking about it I've heard people call certain forms of gun control common sense it's no more accurate when you say it than when they say it.

Nope.

Not for the real experts.

Please fail again.

Ad hominems once again. When an authority tells you to do something and you obey that's being a lemon when you stop and question it that's thinking for yourself.

Ad hominems?

You mean like this?

Seeing lemmings try and mock people that are more capable than them of independent thought is really rather ironic and therefore funny.

When you see the poison symbol on a bottle do you drink it so you aren't a lemming blindly following your master's lead?

This doesn't explain how wearing a mask improperly works.

You're assuming there is no backlash down the road from those wearing them improperly. You have no way of knowing unless you follow them and people they come in contact with.

Well so far Ms Kitt using that middle finger got her a jolt of reality. And I sure didn't see a stampede of parents rushing to help her out. You might be surprised like she was.

As I already said, if her asthma was so bad she couldn't wear a mask, all that yelling and struggling would have had her gasping for an inhaler.
Again she probably should have just left.

It's not a gotcha if you're arguing against the point I didn't make.

Not a "false cause". In my younger days I drove drunk more than once. On a motorcycle. A couple of times in a car. (Then I grew up) People drive drunk in Southern California all the time.

Didn't crash once while under the influence. Therefore I wasn't a public hazard by your logic.

But wait. We arrest drunk drivers based on their POTENTIAL to do harm. An unmasked Karen has the POTENTIAL to infect others.

It isn't debatable that masks work. The only question is how efficiently.

You're assuming there is no backlash down the road from those wearing them improperly. You have no way of knowing unless you follow them and people they come in contact with.
So the backlash happens no matter what meaning the virus continues to spread meaning masks don't work.

The funny thing is the CDC insists on wearing a mask even if you are an asthma sufferer.

Not a "false cause". In my younger days I drove drunk more than once. On a motorcycle. A couple of times in a car. (Then I grew up) People drive drunk in Southern California all the time.
and nobody was ever injured or killed by people doing that?
Didn't crash once while under the influence. Therefore I wasn't a public hazard by your logic.
so you couldn't have possibly caused a crash that didn't involve another vehicle contacting yours?
But wait. We arrest drunk drivers based on their POTENTIAL to do harm. An unmasked Karen has the POTENTIAL to infect others.
okay so masks are a magical shield that protect everyone around where 100%?
It isn't debatable that masks work. The only question is how efficiently.
so if it's purpose isn't to be at least somewhat effective and remember you haven't shown that it's effective at all what is the purpose of the mask? To show the world that you capitulate it's okay I already know that's what the purpose of it is.

So the backlash happens no matter what meaning the virus continues to spread meaning masks don't work.

Do we really need to go back to the pee chart? Masks work. Numbers go down when people wear them.

Your feelings aren't reality.

Prove that a mask is more than 0% effective it's all you got to do you haven't done it yet so I know you're not going to do it now.

so the CDC and WHO and virturally every health organization is wrong and you are correct?

LOL

Prove that a mask is more than 0% effective it's all you got to do you haven't done it yet so I know you're not going to do it now.

Yes it was the magical hair products that kept everyone safe from the infected beautician. No way was everyone wearing masks a part of it. 😂

Ad hominems?
suggesting everyone who doesn't agree and locks up with you is like an anti-vaxxer. why don't you just call me racist for not agreeing with you that's what everyone else does. That's not enough to shame me and to not speaking what makes you think you're silly little attempts at insults are going to be.
You mean like this?

When you see the poison symbol on a bottle do you drink it so you aren't a lemming blindly following your master's lead?
When someone tells me that water is poisonous or that putting a patch of fabric on your face magically protects you from viruses I have doubts.

I wonder if this pandemic would get under control more quickly under an incentive system.

For police officers who appropriately use tasers on citizens resisting arrest for trespass-related crimes, resulting from their refusal to wear masks where required, each officer who tases appropriately, by which I mean, they do it long enough that a reasonable person finds it entertaining, as in this case, then the officer receives a bonus of $500.

The money wouldn't even come out of city budgets.

We could crowdfund it. And with the extra cash generated, we could buy tasers with higher voltages.
Let's not do that. As for the event in question, things would have gone much better had the non-masker been denied entry in the first place. We have enough drama queens in politics. We don't need them at school activities.

Yes it was the magical hair products that kept everyone safe from the infected beautician. No way was everyone wearing masks a part of it. 😂
I agree your comment about the only two possible things that could work protecting you from a virus is magical hair care products or a mask was absurd but I'm happy to see your mocking yourself for making it.

I wonder why this CDC recommend ed washing your hands and not touching your face that must be superstition.

When have I argued my "feelings"?

I haven't .

I have consistently referred to the CDC, JAMA and WHO.

It is you arguing feelings.

Classic projection.

Now, if you want my feelings.....

I feel that anti-maskers are a clear a present danger. A bane to society. Not consistent with the values of helping keep America free of disease. Wanna-be Typhoid Marys. . As bad as or worse than anti-vaxxer idiots.

suggesting everyone who doesn't agree and locks up with you is like an anti-vaxxer. why don't you just call me racist for not agreeing with you that's what everyone else does. That's not enough to shame me and to not speaking what makes you think you're silly little attempts at insults are going to be.

When someone tells me that water is poisonous or that putting a patch of fabric on your face magically protects you from viruses I have doubts.

Who said water was poisonous?

That's right.

No one.

Well?

A person, outside, not in a crowd, should at most, be politely told she or he should put on a mask. Arresting them, much less using a weapon on them is way, way police overreaction.
I agree.

Regardless of how I feel about anti-maskers.

Back
Top Bottom