• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finally! Mom tased for not wearing a mask

You appear to falsely read into my post your assumptions. I certainly understand failure to wear masks sometimes has consequences, but obviously getting tased isn’t one of them legally speaking.

For the hundredth time.

She wasn't tased for not wearing a mask.

That is a lie.

She was tased for resisting arrest after being trespassed.

You appear to falsely read into my post your assumptions. I certainly understand failure to wear masks sometimes has consequences, but obviously getting tased isn’t one of them legally speaking.

she was tased in order to be restrained, not because she did not wear a mask.

know what you talk about, don't be a typical Trumpet

Like I tell my grandkid when he fibs, "don't be a Donald!"

You (snicker) opinion that the rule is stupid is noted.
if you don't want to discuss whether or not the rule is stupid then why are you talking to me.
The reason blanket mask rules exist is often because people are too stupid to mask themselves when necessary.
that's a generalization. it's not because they're too stupid it's because they don't want to. if you're so scared of the virus that everyone around you needs to wear a mask you probably should stay at home. You should do this because masks don't work people don't wear them properly people sometimes refuse to wear them at all. I've never been in a place that has a rule you must wear a mask properly. So it isn't about not spreading the virus it's about capitulating. For a mask to be at all effective it has to be one properly.
The school did as many private institutions do.
the problem is it's not a private institution. Private institutions can be Catholic only like church you can't do that with a public school. There are different rules for public institutions for a reason.
Masks or Leave.

And since the "public" place falls under school administration they have the right to require the "stupid" rule that isn't stupid at all given the potential to spread disease.

Anti-maskers are in the same playing field as anti-vaxxers.
ad hominems aside. You know it's not about controlling the spread it's about capitulation. Case in point the effectiveness of washing your hands has been proven to mitigate the spread of viruses but there's no rules about that. Second case in point not touching your face has been proven to mitigate the spread of viruses and there's no rules about that either. I'm willing wearing a mask actually causes you to touch your face more.

Unfortunately, the new standard is "Wear a mask or taste electricity."

But this is only the new standard for people who, 900+ posts into this thread, still think that the woman got tased because she didn't wear a mask.

With that subgroup-we'll call them the Special Ones--if they're not wearing a mask, then yes, it's okay to hit them with the Awakener.

For the Special Ones, it is their self-fulfilling prophecy.

Getting tased was a "consequence" of refusing to leave the property, not for failing to wear a mask.

Yes it is. If you're far enough away from people according to the CDC the likelihood of transmitting the virus is extremely low that's what social distancing is all about.

Requiring someone who is far enough away to not need a mask to wear a mask is absolutely stupid I don't care how many times you say it's not you'll never convince me that that's not stupid. And the people who make those rules are among these many stupid people.

The problem is who is going to walk around and regulate distances. Lets say the schools said okay, no masks, just keep 6'. So the stands start to fill, plenty of room. But then people decide they don't want to sit up in the nosebleed seats or off on some obsolete end. So they "kind of" bend the 6' rule and make it 4'. Then somebody else decides it's stupid that every other row of seating is taped off so they ignore it. At the same time the schools priority is cdc guidelines so now they've got to have people physically making people self distance or just flat out cancel fans coming to the games. Or, mandate facemasks.

It's unfortunate that people can't police themselves at doing what's right for the sake of others around them but I've watched first-hand. A popular hiking trail by my home was shut down because self distancing wasn't possible. People bitched up a storm for months and when cases lowered the trail reopened with a mask mandate. That led to confrontations and few physical altercations because the "special people" refused to mask up. So, to stop it, the trail was officially closed again two months back and citations handed out. Nobody wins. Except the wildlife.

Lets look at the actual CDC guidelines.

Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others
  • You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
  • The mask is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
  • Everyone should wear a mask in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
    • Masks should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
  • Do NOT use a mask meant for a healthcare worker. Currently, surgical masks and N95 respirators are critical supplies that should be reserved for healthcare workers and other first responders.
  • Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The mask is not a substitute for social distancing.
Everyone should wear a mask in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household....

Everyone.

Public settings.

Sounds like attending the football game.

That is a public setting.

Right?

People who don't live in your household.

ESPECIALLY when social distancing is difficult.

Sounds like the rule wasn't "stupid" at all.
Then earlier post you told me that my opinion was noted. So noted again the rule is stupid. You can insist until time stops my mind won't change.

And I've already given you reasons but I'm happy to do it again because I know you won't argue against the reasons.

The effectiveness of masks to mitigate the spread of the virus even when one properly is debatable. Most people don't wear them properly. No mandate requiring them to be one properly means it's just about appearances.

Further not touching your face has been proven effective in mitigating the transmission of viruses but there is no mandate about not touching your face.

Do you know why there's no mandate about not touching your face? Because it's not a symbol that can be worn.

Don't be mad at me because you knuckle under.

Getting tased was a "consequence" of refusing to leave the property, not for failing to wear a mask.

Not a consequence at all. It was a method employed to compel her to comply with her arrest as she resisted. Very different.

Watching the anti-maskers try to communicate is such an odd ego boost for me.

The problem is who is going to walk around and regulate distances. Lets say the schools said okay, no masks, just keep 6'. So the stands start to fill, plenty of room. But then people decide they don't want to sit up in the nosebleed seats or off on some obsolete end. So they "kind of" bend the 6' rule and make it 4'. Then somebody else decides it's stupid that every other row of seating is taped off so they ignore it. At the same time the schools priority is cdc guidelines so now they've got to have people physically making people self distance or just flat out cancel fans coming to the games. Or, mandate facemasks.

It's unfortunate that people can't police themselves at doing what's right for the sake of others around them but I've watched first-hand. A popular hiking trail by my home was shut down because self distancing wasn't possible. People bitched up a storm for months and when cases lowered the trail reopened with a mask mandate. That led to confrontations and few physical altercations because the "special people" refused to mask up. So, to stop it, the trail was officially closed again two months back and citations handed out. Nobody wins. Except the wildlife.
nobody can walk around and make sure everyone wears masks at all times properly. So it's not about controlling the spread of the virus. It's about performance.

And you people running around with white knighting for this nonsense only does damage to the credibility of this and there's going to come a time when everyone takes them off and puts their middle finger right in your face.

If you're scared of the virus stay in your house.

I know, but thst wasn’t the claim in the OP title, that I am rightly refuting.

Watching the anti-maskers try to communicate is such an odd ego boost for me.
Seeing lemmings try and mock people that are more capable than them of independent thought is really rather ironic and therefore funny.

Just do what you're told obey your masters no thinking necessary.

I wonder if this pandemic would get under control more quickly under an incentive system.

For police officers who appropriately use tasers on citizens resisting arrest for trespass-related crimes, resulting from their refusal to wear masks where required, each officer who tases appropriately, by which I mean, they do it long enough that a reasonable person finds it entertaining, as in this case, then the officer receives a bonus of $500.

The money wouldn't even come out of city budgets.

We could crowdfund it. And with the extra cash generated, we could buy tasers with higher voltages.

Not a consequence at all. It was a method employed to compel her to comply with her arrest as she resisted. Very different.
I would say that it was a consequence of her refusal to leave under her own power.

But I think I agree with your point - in that it was not punishment.

And? I haven’t claimed differently.

I wonder if this pandemic would get under control more quickly under an incentive system.

For police officers who appropriately use tasers on citizens resisting arrest for trespass-related crimes, resulting from their refusal to wear masks where required, each officer who tases appropriately, by which I mean, they do it long enough that a reasonable person finds it entertaining, as in this case, then the officer receives a bonus of $500.

The money wouldn't even come out of city budgets.

We could crowdfund it. And with the extra cash generated, we could buy tasers with higher voltages.
It would get under control more quickly if we stopped prolonging it with lockdowns and slowing the spread. But everybody thinks that they get it they're just going to drop dead sadly fear mongering works

I don't know why people think this. I've been out and about in many places and seen loads of people wearing masks. They are wearing them improperly. Sometimes not covering their nose, sometimes it's not covering your mouth. the belief that it's presence there is some sort of magical spell to kill a virus is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Unless you follow them or the people they are in contact with you can't be sure what they may have passed on or gotten though right? You see Bob at the store, he's not wearing his mask entirely proper, he gets a couple of feet from Nancy (who's antimask) while grabbing some cookies. Down the aisle Bob once again gets close to Susan (wearing her mask) while grabbing chips. A week later Bob is tested positive, and elsewhere Nancy also tests positive and is hospitalized, Susan is fine. All you saw was two careless people, but you have no idea what transpired from there.

Seeing lemmings try and mock people that are more capable than them of independent thought is really rather ironic and therefore funny.

Just do what you're told obey your masters no thinking necessary.

Oh, your plate is already full. Too many other forumers are taking their turns with you. The rest of us are pleasantly surprised to see that you're stubborn and oblivious enough to allow the beatings to continue.

Your job, meanwhile, because everyone needs a carrot, is to continue to pretend, with no evidence whatsoever, that masks aren't an effective method to blunt the transmission of this disease during a pandemic. Please continue sharing your feeeeeeeeelings about it.

Go. Do that until we are bored.

It would get under control more quickly if we stopped prolonging it with lockdowns and slowing the spread. But everybody thinks that they get it they're just going to drop dead sadly fear mongering works

Yeah, that's not logical, but thanks for doing your best to contribute.

Unless you follow them or the people they are in contact with you can't be sure what they may have passed on or gotten though right? You see Bob at the store, he's not wearing his mask entirely proper, he gets a couple of feet from Nancy (who's antimask) while grabbing some cookies. Down the aisle Bob once again gets close to Susan (wearing her mask) while grabbing chips. A week later Bob is tested positive, and elsewhere Nancy also tests positive and is hospitalized, Susan is fine. All you saw was two careless people, but you have no idea what transpired from there.

You're asking him to think. I admire your optimism.

This doesn't explain how wearing a mask improperly works.

That's not why she was tased though. And she was given plenty of time and options to do the right thing. She refused.

Then earlier post you told me that my opinion was noted. So noted again the rule is stupid. You can insist until time stops my mind won't change.

And I've already given you reasons but I'm happy to do it again because I know you won't argue against the reasons.

The effectiveness of masks to mitigate the spread of the virus even when one properly is debatable. Most people don't wear them properly. No mandate requiring them to be one properly means it's just about appearances.

Further not touching your face has been proven effective in mitigating the transmission of viruses but there is no mandate about not touching your face.

Do you know why there's no mandate about not touching your face? Because it's not a symbol that can be worn.

Don't be mad at me because you knuckle under.

What is known is that when used they are effective. There is no debate about that.

Whether it is 30%, 40% or 99.9% effective is moot.

And what is "knuckling under"?

Knowing the requirements and following them?

I guess if I drive sober I am "knuckling under" as well.

Perhaps if I stop at the stop sign I am knuckling under as well.

You are conversing with someone who handled aviation ordnance for twenty years, rides motorcycles (for a couple of hundred thousand miles), reload my own ammo, been detained on weapons charges and have a conviction for misdemeanor traffic violation.

Don't confuse common sense and knowledge with fear or "knuckling under" to the whims of others.

Back
Top Bottom