• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Finally got a vacation

my good friend from high school met the same fate on an alaskan voyage last year
was on the departure manifest
not present upon return

wondering if he found some female passenger he liked who was already taken

are you going to be able to see the sights/sample the goods in denver

Just flying in and driving out.in laws in Pueblo so I'm up in Colorado quite often.

That's alway been my fear. That and feeling like a sardine.

I don't feel like a sardine at all. First day was hectic because of boarding and everyone wanting to all be on the pool deck all at once. As soon as people chilled out and started doing different things it was less packed for the rest of the trip.

I never really cared for cruises. My sister and her husband swear by them but I don't take vacations to relax, I take vacations to do something I want to do. I have no interest in sitting in a deck chair staring at the ocean. Some people do, I have zero interest. I don't want to look at things, I want to do things.

Well there are "excursions" that you do when you stop at various ports. We saw some Mayan ruins. There were other ruins to choose from. Or snorkeling or swimming with dolphins. Or tubing in a river that goes underground for a bit.

I've never had a bad cruse. I'm also of the opinion that they are among the best values in vacationland - more vacation for the buck.

My last cruise was in late Feb. I had just severed my tricepts from my right arm and had to have it surgically reattached the week before. The doctor wanted to schedual a post op appointment during my cruse, I told him that I would be on the cruise, he told me not to go, I told him to schedule my appointment after the cruise.

It was the worst cruise that I have ever had. Not only was my arm immobilized and swolen twice it's normal size and in pain, I also caught a chest cold and ran a fever for much of the cruise. Even after all that, I still had a decent time. I'd much rather be sick on a cruise, than at home or work.

I was crazy paranoid right before I left on vacation. Everyone in the office was taking turns getting sick. I was trying so hard to stay out of the office as much as possible.

Cool, I'm not the cruise type, have no desire to be on them. I spent years flying alone to odd places and seeing countries on street level, busses, taxi, subways, etc. I'm trying to plan a 7-10 day trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua for Sept for me and my GF. I can fly free on standby, but we are going to buy tix, some really cheap fares out there.

September we are hoping to go to the falls at the bottom of the grand canyon. We'll see if it pans out. I really would like to hit Costa Rica and Belize. Wife's not up for Costa Rica but is group for Belize. She wants south America or Europe to be our next big focus though.

Just got back from my first cruise. Had fun. Was always skeptical of cruises. I thought if them as the best way to have a captive audience whose walls you can constantly rape. Wasnt quite that bad. lol

Overall a pretty good experience though. Toured the ancient Mayan ruins of tulum. Neat area. Still on the ship now actually. At port in Galveston for one more day. Gonna check out Houston and Austin then head back to Denver before going home. Tomorrow we catch an Astros game. I think it's against the orioles.

hope that you're having a great time.

The wife hates the water but has promised to do one cruise.

Same here.

When we got married she agreed that we'd do a cruise to Alaska for our 10th wedding anniversary.

We'll be married 10 years this coming September and we're going to the Bahamas for a long weekend.

To be fair, she would have gone on the cruise as planned but we've got two boys now, eight and four years old, and I wouldn't want to leave them for a week to go on vacation without them, nor would I want the two of them cooped up on a ship for a week.

So we went to Disney World (again :roll:) for a family vacation back at the beginning of April and will be doing the weekend without the boys in September and no cruise this year :(

Next year we're already planning a trip to Ecuador and Colombia so no cruise then either :(

One of these days...

hope that you're having a great time.

So far so good.

Oh... any of you mother ****ers who think killing net neutrality is a good idea, take a cruise and see how ****ty it would be. They have internet models that you will see Comcast, time Warner and Cox laying out if they get the chance.

First tier... go to free preselected sites. (Nonstop commercials for themselves)
Second tier... go to face book and Twitter
Third tier... $70 for a week and not quite wide open Internet.

So no internet for me until I got back to port this morning.

Same here.

When we got married she agreed that we'd do a cruise to Alaska for our 10th wedding anniversary.

We'll be married 10 years this coming September and we're going to the Bahamas for a long weekend.

To be fair, she would have gone on the cruise as planned but we've got two boys now, eight and four years old, and I wouldn't want to leave them for a week to go on vacation without them, nor would I want the two of them cooped up on a ship for a week.

So we went to Disney World (again :roll:) for a family vacation back at the beginning of April and will be doing the weekend without the boys in September and no cruise this year :(

Next year we're already planning a trip to Ecuador and Colombia so no cruise then either :(

One of these days...

Cool about south America trip. Congrats on 10 years. This is our ten years too.

Cool about south America trip. Congrats on 10 years. This is our ten years too.

Hey!

That's awesome.

Congratulations!

Same here.

One of these days...

Did you look at Disney Cruises? I would never do it because of all of the parents who refuse to parent, but I hear Disney does a great job for both kids and adults.

We were married on June 3 2006 and my wife keeps forgetting the date and tells everyone we were married on 6/6/6.

September we are hoping to go to the falls at the bottom of the grand canyon. We'll see if it pans out. I really would like to hit Costa Rica and Belize. Wife's not up for Costa Rica but is group for Belize. She wants south America or Europe to be our next big focus though.

Fares are dirt cheap, just wish the PHX non stop was operating when we want to go. Once you are there, it is really cheap. Costa Rica is one of the safest places in the world...but, I kinda like unsafe more..

Aer Lingus just started flying Dublin to Los Angeles...and, surprisingly, Ethiopian does the same route with brand new 787's

Same here.

One of these days...

This cruise has loads of kids but also loads of adults. Events for all. Kids have camps they schedule for them if they want. Video gaming and other stuff that keeps them busy for a while.

So far so good.

Oh... any of you mother ****ers who think killing net neutrality is a good idea, take a cruise and see how ****ty it would be. They have internet models that you will see Comcast, time Warner and Cox laying out if they get the chance.

First tier... go to free preselected sites. (Nonstop commercials for themselves)

not surprising, and completely correct; that's probably what it would look like. i'm honestly a bit surprised that the internet hasn't been ruined yet.

not surprising, and completely correct; that's probably what it would look like. i'm honestly a bit surprised that the internet hasn't been ruined yet.

Apps are in the business of ruining the internet.

Well done, I would have thought your perfect vacation would have been to spend a week cleaning Bernie's garage for him. ;)

is that 'a weekend at Bernie's III' ?

So far so good.

What the hell is the point of having internet on vacation? You won't need GPS to get around the ship and the whole point of going on vacation is to get away from the crap you already do every day.

Fares are dirt cheap, just wish the PHX non stop was operating when we want to go. Once you are there, it is really cheap. Costa Rica is one of the safest places in the world...but, I kinda like unsafe more..

Aer Lingus just started flying Dublin to Los Angeles...and, surprisingly, Ethiopian does the same route with brand new 787's

A guy who works here goes to Costa Rica for a month every year and rents a place right on the beach and its cheap cheap. think he said he got a place his last time for like $550 for the month.

A guy who works here goes to Costa Rica for a month every year and rents a place right on the beach and its cheap cheap. think he said he got a place his last time for like $550 for the month.

Great. Now you just told the whole internet about it and next year it will be $5,500.00:lol:

Did you look at Disney Cruises? I would never do it because of all of the parents who refuse to parent, but I hear Disney does a great job for both kids and adults.

I have, and I've spoken to folks who have done it and I've got the same concerns you seem to have.

What the hell is the point of having internet on vacation? You won't need GPS to get around the ship and the whole point of going on vacation is to get away from the crap you already do every day.

True to some extent. What I wanted to do was gps my location and find out the depth of the gulf where I was at and what kind of sea life was prevalent where I was at at any given time. And occasionally talk and share pics with you nerds from time to time.

Also I have all my pics on a cloud and the wife and I did a 10 day Mayan ruins trip for our honeymoon years ago and I wanted to share some of those pics with some other folks here that went with us on the tulum Mayan ruins excursion.

Great. Now you just told the whole internet about it and next year it will be $5,500.00:lol:

Lol

Well I generally spend my time in the Philippines on vacation so I guess it doesn't hurt me.. sorry bout that ;)

Yeah, I went once a few years ago for a weekend. Its hard to go standby on the flights to my city because the weather conditions at San Jose, Costa Rica airport can mean that they don't fill the plane....high/hot airport, not long enough runway = weight restrictions...

My boss goes for a month vacation every world cup wherever it is in the world.

Back
Top Bottom