• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Final Senate judiciary comm report came out Sat.

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
In the Senate's final Judiciary Comm report, Kavanaugh is TOTALLY vindicated. They could find no truth in any of the charges made against him.

Now the question is-------------will he get any apologies from the Senate democrats?

In the Senate's final Judiciary Comm report, Kavanaugh is TOTALLY vindicated. They could find no truth in any of the charges made against him.

Now the question is-------------will he get any apologies from the Senate democrats?

Buying him a half rack would just feed his alcoholism, so yeah, not likely.

"Vindicated", lol, kinda like Swampy "vindicated" MBS (Saudi Prince). Funny how that happens when you decide the content of the report before the investigation, and avoid asking the actual witnesses.

Of course not, but I want to see those witness statement vetted and if perjury, then prosecuted. Including Ford who lied about several things including being unable to meet because she was afraid to fly which was false. What part of "Process crime" can the democrats not stomach?

Of course not, but I want to see those witness statement vetted and if perjury, then prosecuted. Including Ford who lied about several things including being unable to meet because she was afraid to fly which was false. What part of "Process crime" can the democrats not stomach?
I agree 100%!!! Let the trials for perjury begin, so the democrats dont try this when Trump appoints his next SC justice.

Half those Senate Dems might run for POTUS, no way they apologize.

Justice Kavanaugh was never under and legal scrutiny...there was no reason to "vindicate" him.

The purpose of the committee was to vet allegations and give the Senate the results so that the Senate could make an informed vote on confirmation.

The Senate's purpose was not to vindicate the Judge.

It's a Republican report. What did you expect?

It's a Republican report. What did you expect?

Not an argument, where is the report deficient?

What piece of evidence has ever emerged supporting any of these claims?

The real question should be will DiFi, Ford, and the rest of the accusers get their hands slapped? But we already know the answer to that.

You mean the GOP report.

Not an argument, where is the report deficient?

What piece of evidence has ever emerged supporting any of these claims?
When you start with an abridged and castrated investigation, of course you don't find much. This is no different than the Republican House Intelligence Committee Investigation, filled with Republican shills. And what did they find? This is the same crap.

You mean the GOP report.
Exactly. Ditto for the House Intelligence Committee Report. Now watch the difference when the Dems re-open it, for all to see.

When you start with an abridged and castrated investigation, of course you don't find much. This is no different than the Republican House Intelligence Committee Investigation, filled with Republican shills. And what did they find? This is the same crap.

Not an argument, how was the investigation “castrated” you think it’s more likely the Democratic minority conspired to castrate the investigation, along the news media who could never come up with evidence either, then the fact CBF and Ramirez and Swetnick are lying shills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no reason to read a single word of any Republican-crafted report "vindicating" Kavanaugh. I'm interested in what a Democratic-controlled House committee investigation has to say.

Exactly. Ditto for the House Intelligence Committee Report. Now watch the difference when the Dems re-open it, for all to see.

Oh please god let the Dems re-open the Kavanaugh issue.... there’s nothing I want to be a front row issue more then the Dems continuing to smear Kav in 2020

I have always resisted anything that looks like political retaliation, but I am ready to agree that we need to start exposing and prosecuting these politically motivated false accusations to strongly and emphatically discourage them.

Nobody should be able to be immune to consequences when he/she falsely accuses ANYBODY in the public or private sector and ruins or attempt to ruin that person by virtue of that accusation.

Vindicated? Huh? I thought CryBaby looked constipated. Does the GOP Report suggest a laxative?

KavanaughConstipated.jpg

I have always resisted anything that looks like political retaliation, but I am ready to agree that we need to start exposing and prosecuting these politically motivated false accusations to strongly and emphatically discourage them.

I thought you Trump people hated the FBI and Justice Department?

They won't re-open it because there's nothing for them to find. They orchestrated the entire thing to begin with, so the last thing they want to do is prove that to the American people.

The fact is one and maybe two that accused Kavanaugh admitted they lied. But the democrats on the committee ate it up.

They won't re-open it because there's nothing for them to find. They orchestrated the entire thing to begin with, so the last thing they want to do is prove that to the American people.

The first place a House committee can start with is subpoena any communications from the White House ordering the FBI to limit its background check of Kavanaugh. While we know that such things did happen already, getting those communications would make them official and on record. If the White House claims not to have those communications then the FBI director can be subpoenaed to appear and answer under oath if the FBI received such communications. If the answer is yes then that will obviously create legal and/or political peril for the White House for lying about the communications, withholding them or even destroying them (that's a big no-no).

At that point, Kavanaugh's former associates can be subpoenaed and testify under oath, something that Republicans were absolutely dead set against.

In the end, such an investigation will determine if he lied under oath during the hearing, and the argument for justifiable impeachment will exist. At that point, Republicans will just have to live with the fact that they're standing by a justice that lied under oath and almost certainly committed sexual assault. I know they won't agree to impeachment because Republicans have no moral compass, but that will just have to be a reality they'll live with.

Oh please god let the Dems re-open the Kavanaugh issue.... there’s nothing I want to be a front row issue more then the Dems continuing to smear Kav in 2020

I'm not sure the House can re-open Kavanaugh, nor beyond perhaps a more thorough investigation of Dr. Ford's allegations, should they. It was the Senate & F.B.I.'s job to get this right, and the so-called "investigation" was a dismal failure.

A thorough & proper investigation would largely have either approved or disapproved her allegations, providing reasonable closure. The Republicans' actions precluded this, and now we have the mess we do with a SC judge with a cloud over his head, and an asterisk next to his name.

How could you possibly know that, without a proper investigation? Do you believe you are prescient?

I'm not sure the House can re-open Kavanaugh, nor beyond perhaps a more thorough investigation of Dr. Ford's allegations, should they. It was the Senate & F.B.I.'s job to get this right, and the so-called "investigation" was a dismal failure.

A thorough & proper investigation would largely have either approved or disapproved her allegations, providing reasonable closure. The Republicans' actions precluded this, and now we have the mess we do with a SC judge with a cloud over his head, and an asterisk next to his name.

The investigation is as close to proof as you can get without a court ruling. We have evidence the party never happened, that a key witness was intimidated by Ford’s friend, that she lied in multiple parts of her testimony, that she or her lawyers lied about multiple things to the committee, and she will not provide answers to questions like who drove her there. This was a political hit intended to sink a nomination and disappear. That’s why she waffled for days on whether to testify, she was hoping she wouldn’t and the controversy would sink him.

Back
Top Bottom