• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Final Senate judiciary comm report came out Sat.

He claimed Hillary Clinton was out to get revenge upon him. Totally Trumpian bull****, is what it was. And it worked! :doh

No he didn’t, he said people upset over the loss of Hillary Clinton, not the Clintons themselves, although I wouldn’t be surprised if they were in the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice Kavanaugh was never under and legal scrutiny...there was no reason to "vindicate" him.

The purpose of the committee was to vet allegations and give the Senate the results so that the Senate could make an informed vote on confirmation.

The Senate's purpose was not to vindicate the Judge.

Republicans only like the investigative powers of congress when it's democrats being investigated....from the comments here Trump's people appear not to support the concept of transparency.

No he didn’t, he said people upset over the loss of Hillary Clinton, not the Clintons themselves, although I wouldn’t be surprised if they were in the loop.

"This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election. Fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons, and millions of dollars in money from outside, left-wing opposition groups," Kavanaugh said during opening remarks before the panel.
*emphasis added

Source: (Washington Examiner) Brett Kavanaugh says he's a target of a 'revenge' plot 'on behalf of the Clintons'

I agree 100%!!! Let the trials for perjury begin, so the democrats dont try this when Trump appoints his next SC justice.

OK.

Can we have the same investigation etc. about the testimony, questions etc. of the Benghazi inquiries, plural. You seem to have forgotten the hundred, no thousands of lies generated at Hilary Clinton, but I was there and supporting the probe.

And speaking of perjury, let's put Trump under oath.

Bye bye Baby Boo...jail time for his ass for a Looonng time. The man can't manage a sentence without lying or exaggerating...and you want everyday Americans charged with perjury while the Stupid Prick turns the entire United States into a side-show soap opera with the rest of the world looking on.

And by the way how's that no nuclear deal working with Trump's lover in Korea? And what about Obamacare? Seems its still there but some people have renamed it, a minority. Meanwhile two investigations which have both caused criminal charges are closing in on the Stupid Prick...and YOU want WHAT? Innocent women with faulty memories to be investigated for perjury.

That sure looks like police state thinking to me.

Nor, does it contradict what I said.

Yes it does, “on behalf of” does not mean “orchestrated by” many leftists were solidly upset by the loss of Clinton, they’ve called the US constitution illegitimate, called for violence, activist judges have nullified the election by tying up all of Trumps policies in court, agents of federal law enforcement were caught red handed in what I think can only be described as attempting to orchestrate a coup, and this is all because Hillary lost.

To be honest, here's what I believe I saw:

Up to the Dr. Ford hearing, I saw Kavanaugh being of reasonable demeanor, though a bit too evasive and obfuscating in his testimony. However even though he was a bit excessive, that seems to be part & parcel with SCOTUS confirmation hearings these days.

As badly handled as Dr. Ford was by the Dems up to that point, I felt there was enough reasonable material & circumstance to justify her testimony. At the hearing I felt she was credible enough, that an investigation was indeed warranted despite her lack of full specifics. Her description of the party and participants, and the subsequent self-admitted Kavanaugh notes showing at least one party of his exactly like she described, with the same exact participants, added greatly to her credibility.

Everything that followed after that was a sad hot embarrassing mess by both parties, the nominee, and the President. And yes, after that point I agree the Dems indeed over-played their hands. And they may have paid a political price.
On the one hand, Kavanaugh's comments about how there was a conspiracy out to get him on behalf of the Clinton, really showed how partial he was politically, and how Democratic speculation that he will be partisan on the bench is indeed accurate. Right or wrong, he should have been able to control himself and refute the allegations on a factual basis, instead of crying conservative martyrdom. It was especially rich to him make those accusations, when he was apart of the Ken Starr jerk-off team that politicized all of Clinton's accusers.

OTOH: The accusations out of the Avenatti camp were obvious fictions, and I think most people (even many liberals) saw right through it. Many people did have problems with Kavanaugh's record and history of partisanship, but they also were worried about the power of pile-on accusations effecting the outcome of serious societal matters.

In 1998 Democrats were wrong to defend Clinton's reckless sexual antics in the WH, while Republicans where wrong to politicize, and then believe every accusation against him, all the way to the ends of a ****ing impeachment trail.

In 2018 Republicans were wrong to pretend there was nothing in Kavanaugh's past that demonstrated concerning behavior, but Democrats where wrong to believe every accusation against him, and then make that the entire platform to oppose his confirmation.

Both parties have egg on their faces, IMHO.

On the one hand, Kavanaugh's comments about how there was a conspiracy out to get him on behalf of the Clinton, really showed how partial he was politically, and how Democratic speculation that he will be partisan on the bench is indeed accurate. Right or wrong, he should have been able to control himself and refute the allegations on a factual basis, instead of crying conservative martyrdom. It was especially rich to him make those accusations, when he was apart of the Ken Starr jerk-off team that politicized all of Clinton's accusers.

OTOH: The accusations out of the Avenatti camp were obvious fictions, and I think most people (even many liberals) saw right through it. Many people did have problems with Kavanaugh's record and history of partisanship, but they also were worried about the power of pile-on accusations effecting the outcome of serious societal matters.

In 1998 Democrats were wrong to defend Clinton's reckless sexual antics in the WH, while Republicans where wrong to politicize, and then believe every accusation against him , all the way to the ends of a ****ing impeachment trail.

In 2018 Republicans were wrong to pretend there was nothing in Kavanaugh's past that demonstrated concerning behavior, but Democrats where wrong to believe every accusation against him, and then make that the entire platform to oppose his confirmation.

Both parties have egg on their faces, IMHO.

It wasn’t just Avenatti, all allegations against Kavanaugh were pretty much fictitious, there is no other way the known facts make sense.

And I’m tired of this “Kavanaugh is openly partisan” line, well all the allegation he was a sex predatory came from one political party, what else do you expect? And besides, RBG is the definition of partisan and no leftists complaining there, wonder why?

Swetnick, Avenatti and perhaps Ford are all likely candidates for felony perjury charges as well as obstructing the senate. Avenatti should lose his law license over this and Swetnick should get prison time

Avenatti and Swetnick are the most likely to get in big legal trouble.
Ford? Not so much.

Back
Top Bottom