• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Filipino Immigration Discrimination.

LiberalAvenger

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
"August 17, 2010
SPLC Files Suit on Behalf of Filipino Teachers
The Southern Poverty Law Center and two other groups have filed suit on behalf of 350 Filipino guest workers brought to this country to teach in Louisiana public schools. The lawsuit states that the Filipino educators were victims of human trafficking, racketeering and fraud—all to fill teaching jobs."

From SPLC

The same southern poverty law center that claims or implies that any group opposed to illegal immigration is racist? I have to wonder how accurate their claims about the Fillipino teachers are.

The same southern poverty law center that claims or implies that any group opposed to illegal immigration is racist? I have to wonder how accurate their claims about the Fillipino teachers are.

Having both lived there, and have relatives whom live there (odd fact, my cousins are Filipeno, never been there, I lived there... weird **** man) I hope that these accusations are false, but if they are not I hope this action helps. And no, as a general rule I haven't much use for the SPLC folks. But even the ACLU once in a blue moon gets something right so...

Back
Top Bottom