• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fight for White House - Rioting or Corona Virus Deaths! Which will win?

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It was stated this morning on one of the news shows that the fight for the White House the next 70 days will be about the Corona Virus response (Biden's main point of criticism of Trump) and the rioting and looting going on in Democratic controlled cities (Trump's main point of criticism of Biden and the Democrats).

In this battle though, Trump is likely to lose.

In evaluating both, this is what I came up with:

More than 120,000 Americans have now perished from Covid-19, surpassing the total number of U.S. dead during World War I. Had American leaders taken the decisive, early measures that several other nations took when they had exactly the same information the U.S. did, at exactly the same time in their experience of the novel coronavirus, how many of these Covid-19 deaths could have been prevented?

That isn’t a hypothetical question. And the answer that emerges from a direct comparison of the fatalities in and policies of the U.S. and other countries — South Korea, Australia, Germany, and Singapore — indicates that between 70% and 99% of the Americans who died from this pandemic might have been saved by measures demonstrated by others to have been feasible.

Deadly unrest: Here are the people who have died amid George Floyd protests across US

As of Monday, June 8, an informal tally shows 17 people have died in incidents stemming from the unrest following Floyd’s May 25 death — though details in some of the cases remain murky.

Both of these articles came out in June so they are a bit dated. Nonetheless, you get the idea. 17 deaths from rioting and looting in Democrat controlled cities versus 84,000 (at least) unnecessary deaths from Trump's handling of the Corona Virus.

Who do you think will win this debate between Biden and Trump?

More about the issues involved.

More about the issues involved.

I cannot believe no one has chimed in on this OP. This is an OP that should generate interest on both sides of the coin as the issues in play are clear and both Democrats and Republicans feel strongly about these 2 issues.

The again, I can certainly understand people staying away as excuses for either side are mostly non-existent.

I do believe (as I stated above) that Biden has the strong upper hand in these issues and that he will beat Trump in the issues and in the election.

This attempt to stimulate debate on this OP will be my last. If you don't want to debate this issue, I certainly cannot do anything more to stimulate it

Back
Top Bottom