• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Fight Back, Mr. President

dragonslayer said:
I think it possible that Bush gets a kick out of ordering people to die.

And some wonder why I call them liberal whackos. :2wave:

Thanks for proving my signature below, slayer.

Last edited:
Simon W. Moon said:
I was just guessing what somebody else was talking about.
Like I said
"But, I don't think it means what he thinks it means."

Yes and I think my adendum went further to show that.

Simon W. Moon said:
The Admin is not a member of the intelligence community.
CHAIRMAN ROBERTS AND VICE CHAIRMAN ROCKEFELLER ISSUE STATEMENT ON INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE’S REVIEW OF PRE WAR INTELLIGENCE IN IRAQ

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS), Chairman, and Senator Jay Rockefeller IV (D-WV), Vice Chairman, of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, today announced that the Committee unanimously agreed to refine the terms of reference of the Committee’s ongoing inquiry into pre war intelligence with regard to Iraq. The new terms are as follows:
A. The matters set forth in the joint release of the Chairman and Vice Chairman on June 20, 2003:

1.the quantity and quality of U.S. intelligence on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction programs, ties to terrorist groups, Saddam Hussein’s threat to stability and security in the region, and his repression of his own people;

2.the objectivity, reasonableness, independence, and accuracy of the judgments reached by the Intelligence Community;

3.whether those judgments were properly disseminated to policy makers in the Executive Branch and Congress;

4.whether any influence was brought to bear on anyone to shape their analysis to support policy objectives; and

The above is the scope of the Phase I investigation. Below is the scope of the Phase II investigation that has NOT happened yet

B. the collection of intelligence on Iraq from the end of the Gulf War to the commencement of Operation Iraqi Freedom;
C. whether public statements and reports and testimony regarding Iraq by U.S. Government officials made between the Gulf War period and the commencement of Operation Iraqi Freedom were substantiated by intelligence information;

D. the postwar findings about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction and weapons programs and links to terrorism and how they compare with prewar assessments;

E. prewar intelligence assessments about postwar Iraq;

F. any intelligence activities relating to Iraq conducted by the Policy Counterterrorism Evaluation Group (PCTEG) and the Office of Special Plans within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy; and

G. the use by the Intelligence Community of information provided by the Iraqi National Congress (INC).

So this basically means Bush lied in his last speech?

Simon W. Moon said:
Dunno. What'd he say?

veterans day speech in which he accused the Dems of rewriting history which they are doing due to the fact that they had access to the same intel he did and they could have requested the daily briefing if they wanted to if this is on anyone this is on the senate and the house reps who failed to do enough research and questioning the president enough before they voted for the use of force.

akyron said:
Damn that would be funny if the whole Vince F thing wasnt so creepy.

THE EVENTS SURROUNDING THE DEATH OF VINCENT FOSTER

"The lack of blood.
Was Foster already dead when the headshot was fired?
One of the key pieces of information that argued against suicide was the lack of blood at the scene.
When the brain is destroyed, the heart will continue to beat on its own, for as long as it has oxygenated blood to feed it. This is why head trauma victims provide most donor hearts. The heart remains alive as long as blood is still in the body.

In the case of a gunshot into the mouth, the bullet has to pass through the sinus cavities. Any child who has been in a schoolyard fight knows how easy it is for the nose to start bleeding and how hard it can be to stop.

Had Foster really shot himself in the mouth, his heart would have continued to beat, pumping most of his blood out through the shattered sinus cavities and the entrance wound in his mouth, as well as out through the supposed exit wound.

But this did not happen. Witnesses at the scene reported a "trickle" of blood from the mouth and nose (one of the tracks appeared to have flowed up hill)."

DSM has no credibility and even if it did so what? The US has plans to attack
everyone if they get too lippy.

Not to mention the way the gun would have had to have been placed in order to pull the trigger due to the powder burn signature found on his hands,

Suicide note proven to be a forgery,

This happened at the same time as the travelgate debacle,

the list go's on.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
veterans day speech in which he accused the Dems of rewriting history which they are doing due to the fact that they had access to the same intel he did and they could have requested the daily briefing if they wanted to if this is on anyone this is on the senate and the house reps who failed to do enough research and questioning the president enough before they voted for the use of force.
None of that sems to be contrary to what scottyz posted.
However, it is worth noting that senators have since asked for the PDB and were denied.

Simon W. Moon said:
None of that sems to be contrary to what scottyz posted.
However, it is worth noting that senators have since asked for the PDB and were denied.

it's totally contrast to what he said he said the president lied in his speech which is totally incorrect, the president was correct in the assertion that the Dems are trying to rewrite history now that the war is becoming unpopular, now if you want I'll go find the comments Sen Clinton, Sen Kerry, Sen Edwards etc etc. made before going to war, I'm just saying if the presidents going down then these ass wholes also lied to the American People and they ought to be held equally culpable, you can't have it both ways on this one if it comes out that the senate and the house Repersentatives failed to adequatly research the intelligence for themselves it's time to clean house both DEM AND REP. Oh and one more thing for the Dems to attack the war effort now that it is politically beneficial for them to do so, is totally disgusting!!!!

Hay maybe we can get some more Libertarians in to take the government back for real conservatives. :mrgreen:

PDB??????

Last edited:
Simon W. Moon said:
Dunno. What'd he say?
That he had the same pre-war intel that congress had and that the investigation into pre-war intel was over and he was completely cleared.

scottyz said:
That he had the same pre-war intel that congress had and that the investigation into pre-war intel was over and he was completely cleared.

congress did have the same pre-war intel except for the presidents daily briefing which they could have requested from the president had they simply asked.

congress did have the same pre-war intel except for the presidents daily briefing which they could have requested from the president had they simply asked.

Democratic Senator #1 - "If we accuse GWB of being a liar, we are essentially accusing ourselves of being uninformed sheep unwilling to substantiate his claims at the time we were voting on what will probably be the most important issue of our time."

Democratic Senator #2 - "Let's do it!!!!!"

it's totally contrast to what he said he said the president lied in his speech which is totally incorrect ...
None of what scottyz posted was contradicted by what you said GWB said.

PDB??????
Presidential Daily Briefing

Congress does not control any of the intelligence agencies, nor do they get the same insight into their analysis of information. Congress didn't know the doubts about Al-Libi's claims until now, Bush knew them a couple years ago. To say they get the exact same intelligence at the same time is a lie.

scottyz said:
Congress does not control any of the intelligence agencies, nor do they get the same insight into their analysis of information. Congress didn't know the doubts about Al-Libi's claims until now, Bush knew them a couple years ago. To say they get the exact same intelligence at the same time is a lie.

they had any access they wanted to the intel and ALL the analysis reports, to say anything to the contrary is the blatant lie here, the fact of the matter is that they didn't research it enough and they didn't question the president enough before voting for the use of force, what is their defense that they were simply unqualified to make the decision to go to war? The president believed the intel was accurate and he only had what the CIA told him to go on, now the Dems are saying that they didn't understand the intelligence or they didn't review it completely and thouroughly at the time yet they still voted for the use of force then it is they sir who lied to the American people when they said they had reviewed all the intel and that they believed Saddam was an imminent threat. That is the lie sir!

they had any access they wanted to the intel and ALL the analysis reports, to say anything to the contrary is the blatant lie here, the fact of the matter is that they didn't research it enough and they didn't question the president enough before voting for the use of force, what is their defense that they were simply unqualified to make the decision to go to war? The president believed the intel was accurate and he only had what the CIA told him to go on, now the Dems are saying that they didn't understand the intelligence or they didn't review it completely and thouroughly at the time yet they still voted for the use of force then it is they sir who lied to the American people when they said they had reviewed all the intel and that they believed Saddam was an imminent threat. That is the lie sir!

Their actual lie was when they took the oath to become Senators, but that's a different story...

KCConservative said:
That's a beautiful opinon. Evidence please.
Dude, you claim to believe that Saddam had WMDs when we invaded Iraq yet you never provide one shred of evidence....so now you're asking someone else to provide evidence...isn't that a tad hypocritical?

26 X World Champs said:
Dude, you claim to believe that Saddam had WMDs when we invaded Iraq yet you never provide one shred of evidence....so now you're asking someone else to provide evidence...isn't that a tad hypocritical?
I keep saying that...he doesn't listen.

26 X World Champs said:
My belief that Saddam had WMD is simply that, a belief. Dragonslayer, however, says that the war was started solely to benefit big business. I'd like him to provide something which supports it....uh, dude.

Last edited:
In today's Washington Post in the letters to the editor:

As a Vietnam War veteran who served in the Mekong Delta during the 1968 Tet Offensive, I was repulsed by the Veterans Day activities of the Bush White House.

Not only was the commander in chief absent from the ceremonies at the Tomb of the Unknowns and the traditional speech at the memorial auditorium, he was campaigning for the war in Iraq.

This year's ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery was presided over by a vice president who received several deferments during the Vietnam War and has said that he had "other priorities in the '60s than military service."

This was not the time for political speeches. It was a time for remembering the real heroes of our nation.

EDWIN E. POWELL
Woodbridge

_______

As a Korean War veteran, I found it disingenuous for the Bush administration to brand anybody who opposes the war in Iraq as betraying our troops while simultaneously honoring Muhammad Ali with the Medal of Freedom [Style, Nov. 10].

Surely the administration knows that Mr. Ali was the poster child of all Vietnam War resisters.

I wonder if the administration took the time to solicit his views on the war in Iraq?

JOHN H. O'HARA
Bowie

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/16/AR2005111602040.html

scottyz said:
Actually, Congress is supposed to exercise oversight re the intel community.

Wow!...Let me play...

From this forum...

oldreliable67 said:
The "Bush Lied!" meme has gotten a lot of play lately, and has been mentioned in several threads here at DP. Bush responded to it in a Veteran's Day speech. (And as a veteran, no, I did not resent his using that occasion to do so.)

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=142572&postcount=1

You found stuff...I can find stuff...

Do you actually have a point here?...Because if we go toe-to-toe on military people supporting or not supporting the President's actions or speeches...I think I'll win...

But irrelevant of who would win, I'm still trying to figure out what this accomplishes...:confused:

Back
Top Bottom