• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fifth Fleet Commander Dead

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The top admiral overseeing US Naval forces in the Middle East, Vice Adm. Scott Stearney, was found dead in his residence in Bahrain on Saturday, the Navy said in a statement.

While his death is being investigated, officials say there is no evidence of foul play at this time.
Richardson announced that Vice Adm. Jim Malloy, the deputy chief of naval operations for operations, plans and strategy, will fly out to the region Saturday to take interim command until a permanent successor is chosen, a clear signal as to how critical the Navy views the region
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/us-naval-commander-stearney-dead/index.html

If this was suicide then we need to be very clear on what lead to it. They need to do the best tox screens that they have also, we cant have Russia say killing our Commanders.

Oh wow. He and his family were parishioners at the church my family attended(they list all the members of the community who are in the military in the bulletin each week). Just goes to show you never know what someone is going through, and I bet it's especially tough when you are that high in rank....it's not exactly like you have a whole lot of people you can talk to.

How in THE hell do you get Russia out of this???? :peace

According to some Russia is making a habit out of assignations, and they are very active in the ME. It takes almost no imagination at all to come up with a half a dozen reasons Putin might decide that he wants the Fifth Fleet Commander dead.

Thanks for asking.

Oh wow. He and his family were parishioners at the church my family attended(they list all the members of the community who are in the military in the bulletin each week). Just goes to show you never know what someone is going through, and I bet it's especially tough when you are that high in rank....it's not exactly like you have a whole lot of people you can talk to.

We cant assume here, we have to know what this was all about. It could have been a lot of things, and some of them effect the security of America.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/01/politics/us-naval-commander-stearney-dead/index.html

If this was suicide then we need to be very clear on what lead to it. They need to do the best tox screens that they have also, we cant have Russia say killing our Commanders.

OMG...

How did we get from this ----> "While his death is being investigated, officials say there is no evidence of foul play at this time."

To this ----> "If this was suicide then we need to be very clear on what lead to it. They need to do the best tox screens that they have also, we cant have Russia say killing our Commanders."

In LESS than 2 posts?

Seriously?

Be better. LOL!

View attachment 67245313

Last edited:
OMG...

How did we get from this ----> "While his death is being investigated, officials say there is no evidence of foul play at this time."

To this ----> "If this was suicide then we need to be very clear on what lead to it. They need to do the best tox screens that they have also, we cant have Russia say killing our Commanders."

In LESS than 2 posts?

Seriously?

Be better. LOL!

View attachment 67245313

Right? At least give us a little foreplay first. :)

OMG...

In LESS than 2 posts?

Seriously?

Be better. LOL!

View attachment 67245313

I remember that Atlanta CDC guy where the ones in charge kept saying "There is no evidence of foul play" while I kept saying this was suicide, I know this, that is what all of the evidence we have amounts to.

Then six months later or what ever it was when the final report came out they said that I was right.

Last edited:
According to some Russia is making a habit out of assignations, and they are very active in the ME. It takes almost no imagination at all to come up with a half a dozen reasons Putin might decide that he wants the Fifth Fleet Commander dead. Thanks for asking.

So ya got nothing but pure speculation... :roll:

oh and it's assassination... thanks for playing... :peace

So ya got nothing but pure speculation... :roll:

oh and it's assassination... thanks for playing... :peace

We dont know anything, so anything said is speculation.

What I have is an education on human nature, and concerns.

There has to be more coming that will explain why a high ranking officer facing a generous retirement does such a thing. We know several high ranking retired military, many if not most are USAF. Utah State University did a salute to veterans over Veterans Day that the wife and I got to attend. They even had Col. Gail Halvorsen there. Seems the schools celebrate local veterans every year, my granddaughter invites me to her school. Some years back they had one at a high school and they fired salutes in doors....was very loud.
Go Navy....

OMG...

In LESS than 2 posts?

Seriously?

Be better. LOL!

View attachment 67245313

Because his actual autopsy is a part of national security, regardless of how much is divulged to the family. The Russians are very good at concocting poisons that are nearly impossible to detect. You just dont assume any death is routine when its that far up the food chain.

We dont know anything, so anything said is speculation. What I have is an education on human nature, and concerns.

How much did you pay for this education you claim??? I would have thought such an education teaches early speculation is most times wrong and an educated man would refrain from such fruitless activities.

Or as a wise man once said, ahhhh something about better to remain silence than speak and remove all doubt... ;)

Does your education include that concept???? :peace

Because his actual autopsy is a part of national security, regardless of how much is divulged to the family. The Russians are very good at concocting poisons that are nearly impossible to detect. You just dont assume any death is routine when its that far up the food chain.

Wow, they are THAT good... :shock:

It does seem their MO to use concoctions that lead right back to them and they seem to target dissidents and former spies turned rogue.... but these attacks always have a strong, not nuanced point. Admirals we got in spades, killing one and having it trace back to you (admirals have much tighter security than father daughter targets out in the general public.) doesn't seem to have the same risk/reward ratio of silencing turncoats out in the general public.

I don't think we need to get the tinfoil out just yet... :peace

Given the lack of detail, I expect the Admiral was found in a compromising position. Ie auto erotic asphyxiation as in one article I read it was an apparent suicide. Would not be surprised if a prostitute was involved as well

Given the lack of detail, I expect the Admiral was found in a compromising position. Ie auto erotic asphyxiation as in one article I read it was an apparent suicide. Would not be surprised if a prostitute was involved as well

Doing the Carradine Boogie?

Back
Top Bottom