• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fidesz leads opposition alliance going into election

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I’m hoping for a clear victory for the Great Viktor Orban, and this poll conducted with a week to go before the election shows Fidesz outpacing a combined coalition of all six major opposition parties.

The Global leftist elite despise Orban because he’s a true democratic leader who allows his people to choose the political path they want, without interference from foreign outsiders who want to take democracy away from Hungarians.

I’m hoping for a clear victory for the Great Viktor Orban, and this poll conducted with a week to go before the election shows Fidesz outpacing a combined coalition of all six major opposition parties.

The Global leftist elite despise Orban because he’s a true democratic leader who allows his people to choose the political path they want, without interference from foreign outsiders who want to take democracy away from Hungarians.

Orban is anything but great, certainly isn’t “truly democratic”, and has busily worked to take democracy away from Hungarians, no foreigners required 🙄

A two percent lead isn't much, we'll see how it ends, the Opposition has a shot here, and I hope the Hungarians drop Putin's pal.

Orban is anything but great, certainly isn’t “truly democratic”, and has busily worked to take democracy away from Hungarians, no foreigners required 🙄
Actually he’s reinforced democracy by centralizing all power in the parliament and eliminating deep state agencies and courts staffed with old regime communists who used their posts to stifle parliament at the behalf of Brussels

A two percent lead isn't much, we'll see how it ends, the Opposition has a shot here, and I hope the Hungarians drop Putin's pal.
It’s a giant lead when you consider the only reason the “opposition” even has a chance is because they’ve combined all the other parties against him, and now they can’t even match him in polls despite ganging up, if they lose this one they won’t even be able to claim it’s because the vote was split.

Btw the vast majority of Hungarians support staying uninvolved in the Russian special military operation.

Actually he’s reinforced democracy by centralizing all power in the parliament and eliminating deep state agencies and courts staffed with old regime communists who used their posts to stifle parliament at the behalf of Brussels

Uh.....no, there was no “communist plot to stifle democracy at the behest of Brussels”. Orban has busily worked to strip rights from LGBT Hungarians, funneled vast amounts of funds into the pockets of his cronies, and engaged in constant xenophobic hysteria.

Uh.....no, there was no “communist plot to stifle democracy at the behest of Brussels”. Orban has busily worked to strip rights from LGBT
Like what?
Hungarians, funneled vast amounts of funds into the pockets of his cronies,
Leftists do this at a far greater rate.
and engaged in constant xenophobic hysteria.
The Hungarian people don’t want non Hungarians destroying their country that their ancestors created. Fidesz is upholding their democratic rights.

Thanks to Orban women can go to New Years parties without being gang raped and anti-Semitic violence is non existent as opposed to France where jews are frequently targetted by violent migrants

Like what?

Leftists do this at a far greater rate.

The Hungarian people don’t want non Hungarians destroying their country that their ancestors created. Fidesz is upholding their democratic rights.

Thanks to Orban women can go to New Years parties without being gang raped and anti-Semitic violence is non existent as opposed to France where jews are frequently targetted by violent migrants

For example...

Squealing “but leftists!” is not an excuse for blatant corruption and cronyism.

Claiming immigrants “destroy a country” is xenophobic bullshit, as usual.

Orban’s regime gleefully whitewashes the collaborators of the Horthy regime, who brutally repressed the country’s Jewish populace.

Fidesz is upholding their democratic rights.

You are fooling nobody with your posts.

Who do you think Zsolt Bayer, co-founder of Fidesz was talking about when he said "Regrettably we did not manage to bury all of them up to their necks in the woods of Orgovany?"

Do you know what Orgovany was famous for?

2% lead means 60% to 80% of the seats in parliament for Orban. The whole election is rigged.

The opposition needs to win by 10%+ to even have a chance of getting most seats in Parliament.

You are fooling nobody with your posts.

Who do you think Zsolt Bayer, co-founder of Fidesz was talking about when he said "Regrettably we did not manage to bury all of them up to their necks in the woods of Orgovany?"

Do you know what Orgovany was famous for?
I don’t talk in code. If you have an argument make it.

He’s referencing the White Terror.

“These units, commonly known as the "White Guard," carried out a campaign of murder, torture and humiliations. Summary executions of people they suspected of communist allegiance were common; these victims were often hanged in public places to serve as a warning to others. But the White Guard's definition of who was an enemy of the state was a broad one. They also preyed upon peasants, upon the politically liberal, and very often upon Jews, who were broadly blamed for the revolution because certain individuals of the communist leadership had been Jewish.[5]

The most notorious of unit commanders was Pál Prónay, whose battalion engaged in sadistic violence against its enemies.[7] Others included Gyula Ostenberg, Anton Lehár, and Ivan Hejjas, who focused his efforts on the Hungarian plain around the town of Kecskémet. Their detachments were part of the National Army, but tended to function as personal battalions following a fanatical loyalty to their commanders.[5] Their atrocities included torture, rape, summary execution, and desecration of the corpses for public display.[8]

Hardest hit were the regions of Transdanubia, the wider area of Horthy's headquarters in Siófok, and in the lowlands between the Danube and the Theiss rivers, where mass murders which aroused international attention were committed in Kecskémet and Orgovány.[6]

He’s referencing the White Terror.

“These units, commonly known as the "White Guard," carried out a campaign of murder, torture and humiliations. Summary executions of people they suspected of communist allegiance were common; these victims were often hanged in public places to serve as a warning to others. But the White Guard's definition of who was an enemy of the state was a broad one. They also preyed upon peasants, upon the politically liberal, and very often upon Jews, who were broadly blamed for the revolution because certain individuals of the communist leadership had been Jewish.[5]

The most notorious of unit commanders was Pál Prónay, whose battalion engaged in sadistic violence against its enemies.[7] Others included Gyula Ostenberg, Anton Lehár, and Ivan Hejjas, who focused his efforts on the Hungarian plain around the town of Kecskémet. Their detachments were part of the National Army, but tended to function as personal battalions following a fanatical loyalty to their commanders.[5] Their atrocities included torture, rape, summary execution, and desecration of the corpses for public display.[8]

Hardest hit were the regions of Transdanubia, the wider area of Horthy's headquarters in Siófok, and in the lowlands between the Danube and the Theiss rivers, where mass murders which aroused international attention were committed in Kecskémet and Orgovány.[6]

Oh white terror, I mean I don’t know what they’re referring to in Hungary, but I know that term is used in Finland and Spain and it’s a total lie. A propagandistic term used by communists to cast the just punishment of terrorist reds as something other than what they deserved For their many crimes against the population And their nation.

Look at what happened in Russia, Cambodia, and China when the Reds took over. There is very little thatcannot be justified to prevent that from occurring.

And while you seem to want to emphasize the Jews, I don’t see any evidence from what you cited that Jews were targeted as a class.

Last edited:
Oh white terror, I mean I don’t know what they’re referring to in Hungary, but I know that term is used in Finland and Spain and it’s a total lie. A propagandistic term used by communists to cast the just punishment of terrorist reds as something other than what they deserved For their many crimes against the population And their nation.

Look at what happened in Russia, Cambodia, and China when the Reds took over. There is very little thatcannot be justified to prevent that from occurring.

And while you seem to want to emphasize the Jews, I don’t see any evidence from what you cited that Jews were targeted as a class.

I literally gave you an exact source telling you precisely what they were talking about— systematic campaigns of mass murder which targeted, for instance, the country’s Jews because the perpetrators bought into the “Jews are responsible for communism!” bullcrap so beloved by the European right.

Funnily enough, there’s zero evidence to suggest the vast majority of those killed in the White Terror were “terrorist” anything, much less had committed any crimes other than being the “wrong” religion, or having something the thugs doing the killing wanted.

Just look at what happened to Hungary when your heroes took over. Bombed into oblivion as a result of the “Crusade Against Bolshevism”.....but not before murdering vast numbers of innocent people.

Once again, I literally gave you a source pointing out the fact that Hungary’s Jews were specifically targeted due to the idiotic “Jude-Bolshevism” conspiracy theory.

I literally gave you an exact source telling you precisely what they were talking about— systematic campaigns of mass murder which targeted, for instance, the country’s Jews because the perpetrators bought into the “Jews are responsible for communism!” bullcrap so beloved by the European right.

Funnily enough, there’s zero evidence to suggest the vast majority of those killed in the White Terror were “terrorist” anything, much less had committed any crimes other than being the “wrong” religion, or having something the thugs doing the killing wanted.

Just look at what happened to Hungary when your heroes took over. Bombed into oblivion as a result of the “Crusade Against Bolshevism”.....but not before murdering vast numbers of innocent people.

Once again, I literally gave you a source pointing out the fact that Hungary’s Jews were specifically targeted due to the idiotic “Jude-Bolshevism” conspiracy theory.
Your source doesn’t say that. It just says that some Jews were killed. Without any further explanation.

Given that this is near identical to stuff that you say about the Spanish Civil War, and I know you lie about that, I have no reason to believe your interpretation of a very brief Wikipedia statement.

Your source doesn’t say that. It just says that some Jews were killed. Without any further explanation.

Given that this is near identical to stuff that you say about the Spanish Civil War, and I know you lie about that, I have no reason to believe your interpretation of a very brief Wikipedia statement.

Oh look, another round of EMN curling up in the fetal position shrieking “no no no I don’t WANNA believe it”. Once again, that’s not an argument bud.

You're cheerleading for a political group that is busy rewriting Hungary's role in WW2 and doing everything to minimise Miklós Horthy's role in the holocaust. There's no "code" about what you are up to.

You're cheerleading for a political group that is busy rewriting Hungary's role in WW2 and doing everything to minimise Miklós Horthy's role in the holocaust. There's no "code" about what you are up to.
Ukraine is doing the same thing with Bandera and yet I’m supposed to view them as the good guys unambiguously.

It looks like the Hero of Hungary is coming back with another supermajority.

Can’t wait for the enemies of democracy to start crying!

Ukraine is doing the same thing with Bandera and yet I’m supposed to view them as the good guys unambiguously.

Get back to me when you find me hailing Ukraine as a haven for Jews in the same way you hail Hungary as a haven.

Get back to me when you find me hailing Ukraine as a haven for Jews in the same way you hail Hungary as a haven.
Hungary is a haven. Surveys have shown Hungarian jews feel much safer than French ones for example, because large numbers of Muslims don’t live in Hungary

Hungary is a haven. Surveys have shown Hungarian jews feel much safer than French ones for example, because large numbers of Muslims don’t live in Hungary

Hungarian Jews are a tiny proportion of the number of Jews in France. Besides, you don't need muslims for Hungary to have antisemitic notions or parties of its own.
Nice try.

Hungarian Jews are a tiny proportion of the number of Jews in France. Besides, you don't need muslims for Hungary to have antisemitic notions or parties of its own.
Nice try.
That’s true, the opposition coalition included a specific party that has anti Semitism in its platform

Back
Top Bottom