• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fidel latest to say Cuba's communism doesn't work

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
HAVANA – Cuba's communist economic model has come in for criticism from an unlikely source: Fidel Castro.

The revolutionary leader told a visiting American journalist and a U.S.-Cuba policy expert that the island's state-dominated system is in need of change, a rare comment on domestic affairs from a man who has taken pains to steer clear of local issues since illness forced him to step down as president four years ago.

The fact that things are not working efficiently on this cash-strapped Caribbean island is hardly news. Fidel's brother Raul, the country's president, has said the same thing repeatedly. But the blunt assessment by the father of Cuba's 1959 revolution is sure to raise eyebrows.

I have only one question to ask you, Fidel. What in the hell took you so long? All you had to do, any time in the last 50 years, was to just take a look around you.

Article is here.

I have only one question to ask you, Fidel. What in the hell took you so long? All you had to do, any time in the last 50 years, was to just take a look around you.

Article is here.

oops, now who will the liberals hold up as a shining example of how communism is such a wonderful system?

Ummm.... which liberals are you talking to?

the ones who are always telling us how great it would be if everyone was equal and the govt provided everything for everyone and controlled everything

Come on guys. Respond to the topic, which is about Castro saying that Communism doesn't work. No need to call people names here.

Well now we know howlong it takes an embargo to work.

the ones who are always telling us how great it would be if everyone was equal and the govt provided everything for everyone and controlled everything

I've literally never heard a single person ever say that in my entire life.

Well the man is right. The brand of communism that he rules with in Cuba is not working. Hopefully once he dies and the new ruler takes over the strings will be loosened.

Last edited:
I agree. I think Raul Castro wants to pursue more of a Chinese model of economic liberalization, but Fidel's cronies have prevented him from doing that. Perhaps this public acknowledgment is a way of telling Fidel's friends to back off and let Raul rule the way he wants to. The Cuban economy is poised to truly boom the way that China's has for the past 30 years, if only the Castros will allow it.

Last edited:
I've literally never heard a single person ever say that in my entire life.

Michael Moore did a documentary on how tremendous the Cuban healtcare system is, fabricating lie after lie in the process.

Michael Moore and his sheep

michael moore has embraced communism as the appropriate political form for cuba. would you please source that so that we can see this is not something you have made up out of thin air

Left Wing people admire the Communists, even if they can't always admit it. Indeed, 23 Labour Members of Parliament signed what's known as an Early Day Motion PRAISING Castro on his retirement for his 'achievements' during his murderous dictatorship. This was the GOVERNING party of Britain at the time. And its deputy leader, Harriet Harman, said Castro was a 'hero of the Left'.

And these hypocritical people have the temerity to moan about the BNP on the grounds of their being extremists!

At this point it may be worth mentioning a topic I started outlining the Communist Party's recent campaign against 'state repression' in Poland! Lefties then tried to pile into me to defend or sympathise with their fellow Reds, despite the very obvious truths on the Communist world contradicting them:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...nst-oppression-anybody-else-see-oxymoron.html

And Michael Moore's defence of Communism, or leastways refusal to condemn Castro's murderousness?

Allow me....

YouTube - Michael Moore Defends Dictator Fidel Castro and Communist Cuba; Bashes U.S. and Capitalism

They ride to his rescue too, for propaganda services rendered, though the Cubans lock up their own journalists:
Say Anything » Cuba’s Communists Ride To Michael Moore’s Rescue
Communist Cuba: This is how the Cuban Police treats peaceful Pro-Democracy Demonstrators! « Rafael Román Martel

Moore junkets to Cuba for his SICKO film:
Communist Shill Michael Moore’s Trip to Cuba Under Investigation! « Red Alerts: The American Survival Blog

Let's annoy the Reds who praise Castro purely for his 'healthcare' (when not murdering people):
The Myth of Cuban Health Care by Jay Nordlinger on National Review / Digital

Heroes of the Left in Cuba? No wonder our liberal nation-wreckers are so twisted and wicked!

Last edited:
Left Wing people admire the Communists, even if they can't always admit it. Indeed, 23 Labour Members of Parliament signed what's known as an Early Day Motion PRAISING Castro on his retirement for his 'achievements' during his murderous dictatorship. This was the GOVERNING party of Britain at the time. And its deputy leader, Harriet Harman, said Castro was a 'hero of the Left'.

And these hypocritical people have the temerity to moan about the BNP on the grounds of their being extremists!

At this point it may be worth mentioning a topic I started outlining the Communist Party's recent campaign against 'state repression' in Poland! Lefties then tried to pile into me to defend or sympathise with their fellow Reds, despite the very obvious truths on the Communist world contradicting them:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...nst-oppression-anybody-else-see-oxymoron.html

And Michael Moore's defence of Communism, or leastways refusal to condemn Castro's murderousness?

Allow me....

YouTube - Michael Moore Defends Dictator Fidel Castro and Communist Cuba; Bashes U.S. and Capitalism

They ride to his rescue too, for propaganda services rendered, though the Cubans lock up their own journalists:
Communist Cuba: This is how the Cuban Police treats peaceful Pro-Democracy Demonstrators! « Rafael Román Martel

Communist Shill Michael Moore’s Trip to Cuba Under Investigation! « Red Alerts: The American Survival Blog

Let's annoy the Reds who praise Castro purely for his 'healthcare' (when not murdering people):

Heroes of the Left in Cuba? No wonder our liberal nation-wreckers are so twisted and wicked!

Last edited:

you could not meet the challenge
nowhere in your cites do we find that michel morre has advocated communist government as the one most appropriate for cuba

but keep trying
don't want those on the far right to insist that they were not given an opportunity to document their spurious claims

Allow me....

nowhere in your cites do we find that michel morre has advocated communist government as the one most appropriate for cuba

but keep trying
don't want those on the far right to insist that they were not given an opportunity to document their spurious claims

A challenge which changes with the wind? The question above my piece wasn't whether or not Moore advocated Communism for America.

But what those links do prove is that Moore has no problem with Communism in Cuba. He even sees Cuba's problems with genocide as less worthy of note and fuss than what he perceives as wrong in the USA.

And for that layout to be called 'far right' and 'spurious' only lays bare just what's wrong with Liberalism and the Left.

Lets imagine a society where everyone was treated equally, and all people had all the things they needed to live a peaceful and happy life. All property is owned by all people, and all people share equally.
I do not know a single person, either far right, or far left who does not feel that such a society would be a pretty damn nice place to live.

The problem is, and what Fidel has learned, as well as countless other "communist" leaders, is that it is simply NOT possible. Oh sure, if you had maybe 20 people completely isolated on an island somewhere, and they decided to form a communal type of society, they might manage it for a while, but eventually person number 12 would decide that person number 3 wasnt quite doing his fair share, and the fighting would commence.

The word communism is thrown around a lot. Castro WANTED a communism. The Soviet Union WANTED to be communist. But neither of them ever managed it. Communism is simply not possible in a society of any real size. It defies what we are. We cannot ignore human nature, and human nature always wants more. So lets call a spade a spade, shall we? Cuba was a fascism. The Soviet Union was a Fascism. There has NEVER been a communist govt. Communist ideals, perhaps. But they never managed it..because it can't be done.

You wont find one much more liberal than I..and I know this very simple fact. So keep your petty generalizations to yourself.

Last edited:
The Soviet Union WANTED to be communist.

By your terms I doubt that. The butchery started from Day 1, the links backing that up provided in the Communists Against Oppression slot.

What's more, it DID impose an equality amongst the masses in sofar as that nobody was allowed to be well off and independent (except for some of the bigwigs and the dictator).

For everyting to be shared equally amongst everyone, it can only mean that everyone has to be POOR and that everyone has to be CRUSHED. There's not enough to go around and communism IGNORES the fact that some people are more capable of earning and deserving a richer life than others.

That means Communism IS fascist.

And in that, Soviet Russia was successful at communism, not merely wanting.

Last edited:
Lets imagine a society where everyone was treated equally, and all people had all the things they needed to live a peaceful and happy life. All property is owned by all people, and all people share equally.
I do not know a single person, either far right, or far left who does not feel that such a society would be a pretty damn nice place to live.

The problem is, and what Fidel has learned, as well as countless other "communist" leaders, is that it is simply NOT possible. Oh sure, if you had maybe 20 people completely isolated on an island somewhere, and they decided to form a communal type of society, they might manage it for a while, but eventually person number 12 would decide that person number 3 wasnt quite doing his fair share, and the fighting would commence.

The word communism is thrown around a lot. Castro WANTED a communism. The Soviet Union WANTED to be communist. But neither of them ever managed it. Communism is simply not possible in a society of any real size. It defies what we are. We cannot ignore human nature, and human nature always wants more. So lets call a spade a spade, shall we? Cuba was a fascism. The Soviet Union was a Fascism. There has NEVER been a communist govt. Communist ideals, perhaps. But they never managed it..because it can't be done.

You wont find one much more liberal than I..and I know this very simple fact. So keep your petty generalizations to yourself.

What? Bust my ass, everyday, then share the fruits of my labor with everyone else; even if they didn't put out as much as I did?

That would suck ass!

Some people would say that's called Social Security!

And in the case of dole scroungers, I see their point.

What? Bust my ass, everyday, then share the fruits of my labor with everyone else; even if they didn't put out as much as I did?

That would suck ass!

EXACTLY Apdst!! Because that is the way humans look at things. That is how we are, and that is exactly why communism cannot work. And most liberals are aware of this. Contrary to popular belief.

You dont seem to get it..There is NO SUCH THING as bigwigs or a dictator in a true communism. This is why a true communism has never existed. If there is inequality it is NOT a communism.

There is NO SUCH THING as bigwigs or a dictator in a true communism. This is why a true communism has never existed.

Funny then how even the likes of the Beatles advocated Cuba's system as legitimate communism. (In 1968, Apple Records' Tony Bramwell sent LPs to Castro and Chairman Mao with a covering letter offering them spoken-word record deals.)

People in the Left keep going on about how dictators and mass-murderers aren't proper communists. But they all start out quoting Marx and Engels and discover the only way to have ANY kind of communism is to force it from above.

As you say, Communism works against human nature, so necessitates a tyranny, regardless of what the theory says. It's part and parcel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom