• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fewer foreign students coming to United States for second year in row: survey

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-for-second-year-in-row-survey-idUSKCN1NI0EN

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of international students entering U.S. colleges and universities has fallen for the second year in a row, a nonprofit group said on Tuesday, amid efforts by the Trump administration to tighten restrictions on foreigners studying in the United States.

New enrollments for the 2017-18 school year slumped 6.6 percent compared with the previous year, according to an annual survey released by the Institute of International Education. That follows a 3.3 percent decline in new international students tallied in the 2016-17 academic year.
===========================================================
Changes in visa & immigration policy seem to be the main deterrents. Unfortunately, Asian students tend to be the brightest & the highest achievers in higher education, which will negatively impact future high tech job openings here in the U.S.

Great. ThankYou for the good news.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-for-second-year-in-row-survey-idUSKCN1NI0EN

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of international students entering U.S. colleges and universities has fallen for the second year in a row, a nonprofit group said on Tuesday, amid efforts by the Trump administration to tighten restrictions on foreigners studying in the United States.

New enrollments for the 2017-18 school year slumped 6.6 percent compared with the previous year, according to an annual survey released by the Institute of International Education. That follows a 3.3 percent decline in new international students tallied in the 2016-17 academic year.
Changes in visa & immigration policy seem to be the main deterrents. Unfortunately, Asian students tend to be the brightest & the highest achievers in higher education, which will negatively impact future high tech job openings here in the U.S.

The dumbing down of America continues. What else would we expect from an Idiocracy?

Blame Trump.
What’s that supposed to mean? Jared? His wife? His son? His daughter? Why don’t you come in for the big win and pull your head out from the dirt.

So much for "we're only against illegals". Guess they're done with that lie now.

We? I’m a conservative. That has nothing to do with favoring the Republican Party. As opposed to you communists favoring the democrats.

We? I’m a conservative. That has nothing to do with favoring the Republican Party. As opposed to you communists favoring the democrats.

"I only oppose illegals! I'm not against immigrants! What's that? Less legal immigrants? YES! Oh, sorry, was my hood showing?"

Maybe they can offer discounts now to American born students?

I doubt it.

"I only oppose illegals! I'm not against immigrants! What's that? Less legal immigrants? YES! Oh, sorry, was my hood showing?"

I oppose any who’ve gotten here after 1975. Unless their immediate family member was an active military aid to our forces.

I oppose any who’ve gotten here after 1975. Unless their immediate family member was an active military aid to our forces.

So you hate immigrants, not merely illegals. Got it.

So you hate immigrants, not merely illegals. Got it.
Re-read what I wrote. No one else has a right to be here after 1776 unless they actively fought for this nation.

Re-read what I wrote. No one else has a right to be here after 1776 unless they actively fought for this nation.

I don't need a "constitutionalist", nationalist or other nutbag excuse. I hate cowardly hedging.

I don't need a "constitutionalist", nationalist or other nutbag excuse.
Fine. Don’t ask me to solve your problems then. Drown, burn or become a pin Cushing on your own dime.

Fine. Don’t ask me to solve your problems then. Drown, burn or become a pin Cushing on your own dime.

You think anyone cares what someone pushing racist garbage thinks? Don't flatter yourself.

Maybe they can offer discounts now to American born students?

I doubt it.

At public universities foreign students tend to pay tuition rates a good double that of even out of state students. That is in effect subsidizing American born students.

So much for "we're only against illegals". Guess they're done with that lie now.

Since we're discussing foreign students, where does citizenship work it's way in here?

And other in the mind of the Left in this country, why is wanting people to obey our laws, hate?

trump says he LOVES Putin and Kim Jong Un. Both men are COMMUNISTS. trump favors communists. republicans favor communists. trump supporters favor communists. The democrats continue to view Russia and North Korea as enemies of America. trump and the republicans LOVE Russia and North Korea.

Finally agree with you. Melanoma trump and her parents arrived in America after 1975. Send them back to Slovenia - and her anchor baby Barren.

Not just foreign students. Tourism to America has gone down dramatically since the orange turd became president. Why would anyone visit a **** hole country like trump's AmeriKKKa?

trump says he LOVES Putin and Kim Jong Un. Both men are COMMUNISTS. trump favors communists. republicans favor communists. trump supporters favor communists. The democrats continue to view Russia and North Korea as enemies of America. trump and the republicans LOVE Russia and North Korea.

We love Democrats cause they're Commie wannabes.

I wouldn't read to much to much into what CNN tells you.

Finally agree with you. Melanoma trump and her parents arrived in America after 1975. Send them back to Slovenia - and her anchor baby Barren.

You're a nasty one. Which country is proud to claim you?

Since we're discussing foreign students, where does citizenship work it's way in here?

And other in the mind of the Left in this country, why is wanting people to obey our laws, hate?

I see. You don't hate immigrants. You just hate illegal immigrants and student immigrants. Sure.

Just stop. Admit you hate immigrants. It's stupid to pretend.

Back
Top Bottom