• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Few signs at tea party rally expressed racially charged anti-Obama themes

Well then, I guess I should have addressed that question to them, now shouldn't I have.

I hope I learned my lesson. So there.:2razz:

Perhaps. ;)

the stimulus didn't have the effect some economist claimed it would have, but if we didn't do it unemployment would be up to 13-14% atleast.
Lets' see the math that you used to arrive at that conclusion.

See when you take a group as a whole it paints a different picture then when you cherry pick what you want to see.

We as we have been saying are not racists.

One Tea Party event out of many where people were told to clean up their act before they attended? What a bogus interpretation of a 'study' we have here. This is like arguing the Klan is not racist if they leave their signs at home but only wear their robes.

One Tea Party event out of many where people were told to clean up their act before they attended? What a bogus interpretation of a 'study' we have here. This is like arguing the Klan is not racist if they leave their signs at home but only wear their robes.

by your logic since john wayne gacey was a democrat, you all are predominantly pedophiles. See two can play this idiotic game.

Reactions: mpg
This is like arguing the Klan is not racist if they leave their signs at home but only wear their robes.

That is one of the stupidest analogies I've ever seen on this forum.

by your logic since john wayne gacey was a democrat, you all are predominantly pedophiles. See two can play this idiotic game.

Are you arguing with yourself? LOL My logic? I was speaking about a sitting GOP Chairman apologizing for the infamous GOP southern strategy.

Last edited:

really? then you have a select memory or a short attention span.

Both ReverendHellh0und and Mellie have totally ignored or had issues comprehending what they are responding to. Maybe a re-posting is in order:
See when you take a group as a whole it paints a different picture then when you cherry pick what you want to see.

This is like arguing the Klan is not racist if they leave their signs at home but only wear their robes.

If this is what passes for signs of intelligent life on this planet, we are doomed. :shock:

Both ReverendHellh0und and Mellie have totally ignored or had issues comprehending what they are responding to. Maybe a re-posting is in order:

If this is what passes for signs of intelligent life on this planet, we are doomed. :shock:

newjack, perhaps you should review the forums 400 other posts with idiots trying to paint us as racists before you come all in here thinking you got the intellectual magic bullet we all missed.

newjack, perhaps you should review the forums 400 other posts with idiots trying to paint us as racists before you come all in here thinking you got the intellectual magic bullet we all missed.

Oldhack, maybe you should stop trying to decieve and deflect? Us? I addressed you and miss m. You two replied to a post of mine that obviously you did not read. You evidently have a habit of kneejerk responses or a comprehension issue, or...

Some in the Tea Party may be birthers, but that isn't what the movement is about. Some anti-war protestors were also truthers, does that mean that the anti-war movement stands for that element? I haven't seen any racism at all from the Tea Party. Personally I think most of the Tea Party accusations are lies spewed by left wing media in order to discredit what the Tea Party stands for. They throw a bunch of crap and hope it sticks or the proverbial :hitsfan:

I don't believe that Tea Partiers are racists and/or all filled with hatred. However, I do believe that they are so concerned with getting elected that they have lost their backbone and have refused to stand up to a minority that are uttering such racism, hatred, and untruths. They refuse to say that this does not belong within the Tea Party, or for that matter, within the Republican Party. I am a progressive, but even in the 60's I stood up against the use of violence and distain against our soldiers. I may not agree with your point of view, but I should be able to respect the ethical manner in which you approach that perspective.

well, yesss..... that not ALL or even a majority of Teat Partiers are racists is commendable to the non-racists. but that ANY of them is, that many of them are and more, that the Teat Party does not kick their asses to the curb is hardly commendable to the Teat party itself.

yeah... "Anyone who thinks the Tea Party is entirely[/quote] racist is a moron" is a reasonable thing to say. but that anyone who concludes that the Teat Party endorses racists if only by refusing to refute them is also reasonable.

geo.

So wait, you care now? Tell you what deuce. Just for you i'll post my list i had all ready for you on my laptop this afternoo , ok?

You wont even have to support the forum. :shrug:

So, what happened here?

So, what happened here?

oh back for more punishment I see.

Look at the preprinted signs the dumb asses made and the sophmoric acting. And BTW, how does this video even if it were legit prove the Tea Party is not racist?

I don't have to read anything or watch anything in this thread to know that the Tea Party is racist, so I haven't!

Every reactionary, populist movement has ethnic/racial undertones to it, the Tea Party is no different.

The jig is up, folks. The charges of voter registration fraud are as phoney as Mr. Leo Vasquez and the King Street Patriots. Burning down a warehouse containing all the voter machines for all of Harris County is going to put an end that racist little tea party down there in Houston.

I chuckle every time I hear one of them deny the racist element that pervades the Tea Party. I have walked among them at a few Crazy Lady Michelle Bachmann "rallies." Since I look like them, they don't hide their actual agenda. I've heard what they say when the cameras and microphones aren't there, and it would fit right in at a 1950's KKK rally. That they can fool a few Uncle Toms to hang out with them, doesn't change their real motivations, at least from those willing to take an honest look.

I don't consider the Tea Party a racist organization but they certainly to have some racist people in it though. More so than other political parties.

This isn't the first time tea partiers have revealed their racism: This kind of "ugliness" is par for the course for a party whose first national convention was rife with bigoted anti-immigrant rhetoric, says Sarah Libby in True/Slant. But the truly "appalling" thing was the way John Boehner and other Republicans brushed the racism aside, because the tea partiers were doing their dirty work in the fight against health reform.

Once again Rev....you are simply wrong. It isn't the "Very notion" of a gathering of "white folks" that means the movement is racist. It is the history and actions that have been demonstrated throughout the group that indicates racism.

Now...that said, I don't believe that the vast majority of the group is racist and I believe that the base of the movement is not movtivate by race. However, they have done little to discourage and some would argue they have actually embraced the fringe element of racists that have infiltrated their movement.

Dissent IS patriotic....however, the racist fools that often attend many of their rallies are not.

from my vantage, it appears much of the tea party wants to end many of those government funded programs which assist those in need. those who would then be denied those government services are disproportionately more likely to be minority individuals. so, when the teabaggers seek to end programs which are more likely to assist minorities than non-minorities, that provides a legitimate basis to conclude that a substantial element among the teabaggers has a racist bent. this becomes more pronounced when we see those teabaggers do not take such a stance toward ending the corporate welfare that disproportionately benefits the white population

and the tracking appears to be active. just read that the tea party express has its account at bank of America
yep, the corona, california branch of that multinational bank, which received $45 billion of taxpayer dollars in the bailout, was selected to maintain the tea party express' funds
the teabaggers ignored at least six other banks in the community that did not receive bailout monies

so, do the teabaggers put their money where their mouth is
nope
they have their mouths and their money at different places

As a member (but no longer active) of the Dallas Tea Party I can attest that it attracted a large share of racists and bigots. For several years these idiots were allowed to discolor the reason why I joined in the first place and are one of the two reasons why I stopped actively participating. It has only been this year that I've seen the Tea Party leadership begin to reassert the initial message of why I joined: smaller Federal government and fair representation when it comes to taxes.

While I, too, will often use the self-named phrase of Teabagger on those who have perverted the initial message of the Tea Party into one of "Anyone but Obama" and racist or bigoted rhetoric, I fully support those who favor returning the Tea Party to a grassroots movement which opposes large Federal government at the expense of the American taxpayers.

Just because the "tea party" denounces these slimes publicly.. the idiotic idea that they will kill the 1964 civil rights act attracts scum ball racists votes. It doesn't matter if the "tea party" is racist officially or not they want to enact racist social policy. This is what they mean when they say the republican party has gone to its roots.. and it's not good. Conservatism/libertarianism feathers the nest for this kind of mentality

well, yesss..... that not ALL or even a majority of Teat Partiers are racists is commendable to the non-racists. but that ANY of them is, that many of them are and more, that the Teat Party does not kick their asses to the curb is hardly commendable to the Teat party itself.

yeah... "Anyone who thinks the Tea Party is entirely
racist is a moron" is a reasonable thing to say. but that anyone who concludes that the Teat Party endorses racists if only by refusing to refute them is also reasonable.

geo.[/QUOTE]

no that's not reasonable at all, it's a lie and a smear.

Deuce add this guy to the list. :shrug:

yeah... "Anyone who thinks the Tea Party is entirely racist is a moron" is a reasonable thing to say. but that anyone who concludes that the Teat Party endorses racists if only by refusing to refute them is also reasonable.

geo.

Well said! That's the problem with the Tea Party, not that every single one of them is a racist per se, but that the movement itself embraces and takes advantage of the racist element within, effectively condoning it. It's like somebody else said, all populist movements have this sort of nativist tendency, the Tea Party is no exception. What's truly hilarious (and pathetic) is watching some of the more intelligent people within the Tea Party flailing about trying to deny the connection with racism.

Well said! That's the problem with the Tea Party, not that every single one of them is a racist per se, but that the movement itself embraces and takes advantage of the racist element within, effectively condoning it. It's like somebody else said, all populist movements have this sort of nativist tendency, the Tea Party is no exception. What's truly hilarious (and pathetic) is watching some of the more intelligent people within the Tea Party flailing about trying to deny the connection with racism.

and here's yet another one Deuce. :shrug:

"no that's not reasonable at all, it's a lie and a smear."

Any way to back up that it's a lie and a smear?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom